Match Thread Sheffield Utd (a) - 12:30 - Sat 20th (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

I've had many a gutted feeling following the City but that night ranks right up there
I don't think a single word was spoken the whole car journey home

Same in our car on the way home, silence. Felt worse that night than any of the relegations.

blunted

Tough one to call but I think we've got to be hopeful of 3 points on current form.
We are not great away, they are struggling. Several quality ex-players in their team and Billy. What could possibly go wrong. I would settle for a draw and be over the moon (Copyright Ron Atkinson) if we won.

clint van damme

Yeah fair play , who's been your player of the year so far ?

O'Hare. Love watching him. His work rate is incredible, (obviously there's always the end product argument, hopefully the goal against Bristol is the start of some improvement there
).

Ccfc1390

O'Hare. Love watching him. His work rate is incredible, (obviously there's always the end product argument, hopefully the goal against Bristol is the start of some improvement there
).
Yeah o'hare's work rate is unbelievable to be fair , if he starts adding goals to his game then he'll be some player !! My player of the year so far has been maatsen , he looks some player for 19 and his first season in this league aswell !!

clint van damme

Yeah o'hare's work rate is unbelievable to be fair , if he starts adding goals to his game then he'll be some player !! My player of the year so far has been maatsen , he looks some player for 19 and his first season in this league aswell !!

Scored for the Dutch u21s the other day but unfortunately suspended Saturday, I'm a fan as well.

Theonlywayisskyblue

Who's been your player of the season so far ??
Don't get to many games so relying on TV coverage but I've been impressed by Moore who's a real step up in such an important position - and you can't go much further than Gyo of course. Looking forward to more goals from the Solihull Messi now that he's broken his duck

Ccfc1390

Don't get to many games so relying on TV coverage but I've been impressed by Moore who's a real step up in such an important position - and you can't go much further than Gyo of course. Looking forward to more goals from the Solihull Messi now that he's broken his duck
Fair points !

Ccfc1390

Fair points !
I'm a fan, does seem to drop the occasional clanger but doesn't deserve some of the shit he gets. We're a better side with him in.in my opinion.
Well said , I think he's a very good ball player in midfield for us , don't know why he gets the stick he does

Paxman II

The next few games are a tough run so if we come out of it in the top 6 I'd be happy enough at this stage. There are easier games to come looking at how the table is progressing.
I think we can win at Bramel lane if we don't make any silly errors.

Skybluebeliever

I've had many a gutted feeling following the City but that night ranks right up there
I don't think a single word was spoken the whole car journey home
I agree it was the most disappointed I have had ever been
If my memory is correct I’m sure there were players you would expect to take a penalty but didn’t !!!

robbiekeane

Only noticeable the odd one he makes because everyone wants him to play shit and make him a scapegoat if we lose a game !!!
Nah I think it’s because they always seem to have the potential to be so impactful.

He’s a very tidy player most of the time but he always seems to have a clanger in him, even if he makes one mistake for every five mistakes others make.

To be clear I rate him and want him in the team every game alongside Hamer. Just saying, it’s not criticism out of absolute nowhere

Ccfc1390

Nah I think it’s because they always seem to have the potential to be so impactful.

He’s a very tidy player most of the time but he always seems to have a clanger in him, even if he makes one mistake for every five mistakes others make.

To be clear I rate him and want him in the team every game alongside Hamer. Just saying, it’s not criticism out of absolute nowhere
The stick he gets though off alot of fans Is over the top !!

larry_david

Time to get our heads back in the game after the sham that is International break. Big month coming up.
Can we sustained our play off push?
Will O'Hare's goal galvanise him and set him off on a run
Will Viktor be back to his best having had a week and a half training with Zlaten but no mins of Int footy.
Will Gus Hamer ever shoot again?
I'm excited but nervous for Sheff Utd, before the season you say it's a clear loss but now...it could easily be a win.

robbiethemole

Just gotta keep big-arse Billy Sharpe quiet, cos the Blades fans are slagging Fleck and Norwood more than our lot do Sheaf.

McBurnie and McGoaldrick don't seem to be setting the league on fire like the bookies thought they would, so I reckon we have a good chance of another away win

tskezz

Any pubs pencilled in? I normally go to the Tap at the station first but on the way to Barnsleh the other month we stopped here for a few to wait for someone on another train and police came in clearing out away fans of which ever Sheff team was at home.

Edit: before the game i mean, like 10ish

kg82

Time to get our heads back in the game after the sham that is International break. Big month coming up.
Can we sustained our play off push?
Will O'Hare's goal galvanise him and set him off on a run
Will Viktor be back to his best having had a week and a half training with Zlaten but no mins of Int footy.
Will Gus Hamer ever shoot again?
I'm excited but nervous for Sheff Utd, before the season you say it's a clear loss but now...it could easily be a win.
Just pointing out, Hamer nearly scored in the 1st minute against Bristol, so it’s only been 89 minutes!

SkyBlueMatt

Any pubs pencilled in? I normally go to the Tap at the station first but on the way to Barnsleh the other month we stopped here for a few to wait for someone on another train and police came in clearing out away fans of which ever Sheff team was at home.

Edit: before the game i mean, like 10ish

A list of away pubs have been listed earlier in the thread but most of them open later. Penny Black was suggested to me, thats where I'll be going for my first pint at 9.

tskezz

A list of away pubs have been listed earlier in the thread but most of them open later. Penny Black was suggested to me, thats where I'll be going for my first pint at 9.
Nice one, might try that penny black then. Its dead between the station for me and the hotel my mates in which is sound.

Skybluebeliever

Moore
Kane Rose Fadz Hyam Dabo
Hamer Sheaf
O’Hare
Godden Gyokeres

Wilson
Clarke-Salter
Dacosta
Kelly
Allen
Jones
Walker

3-1 win Hamer Godden Gyökeres
Think Allen might start in this one with perhaps one up front
Sheaf,Hamer,ohare and Allen behind victor
Clarke salter is out injured so Hyam could be back in
Good news about waghorne looks like he will not need op and not out as long as originally thought

rexo87

Think Allen might start in this one with perhaps one up front
Sheaf,Hamer,ohare and Allen behind victor
Clarke salter is out injured so Hyam could be back in
Good news about waghorne looks like he will not need op and not out as long as originally thought

Any idea how long we will be without JCS? Sounded like he was playing through the injury before the international break. Feel like he is underappreciated and we will notice the difference with Hyam or Rose on that side

fernandopartridge

Any idea how long we will be without JCS? Sounded like he was playing through the injury before the international break. Feel like he is underappreciated and we will notice the difference with Hyam or Rose on that side
Yeah, even more so with the likelihood of a right footed player at left wing back

Frank Sidebottom

Going to try and squeeze one in beforehand, either at one of these places or I've found a brewery tap house type place en route. Been recommended the Picture House Social for a few straight after the game.
Is that Triple point brewery and bar?

Users who are viewing this thread