Match Thread Sheffield Utd (a) - 12:30 - Sat 20th (4 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Best thing about Sheffield United is 'The Greasy Chip Butty' song, plus Tony Currie was class,

pusbccfc

Londonccfcfan

The current pubs for away fans recommended by South Yorkshire Police are:

• The Howard Hotel
  • The Globe
  • The Graduate
All in student area.

Anyone else staying over afterwards?

Yeah staying over...but wont be in any pubs before the match! A bit too early..

edgy

Yeah staying over...but wont be in any pubs before the match! A bit too early..

Going to try and squeeze one in beforehand, either at one of these places or I've found a brewery tap house type place en route. Been recommended the Picture House Social for a few straight after the game.

fernandopartridge

Going to try and squeeze one in beforehand, either at one of these places or I've found a brewery tap house type place en route. Been recommended the Picture House Social for a few straight after the game.

The New Barrack pub is decent, it's on the main road A61 the other side of the park from Hillsborough.

Otherwise, plenty of places to go in the city centre and it's only 10-15 on the tram.

EDIT: woah there Lesley! WTF am I on about Hillsborough for,

SkyBlueMatt

The current pubs for away fans recommended by South Yorkshire Police are:

• The Howard Hotel
  • The Globe
  • The Graduate
All in student area.

Anyone else staying over afterwards?

Yes, no rush to get back. Birmingham are playing Hull that day so the pubs could be pretty busy in the morning.

None of which look like they open early? (That might change considering KO?) We'll be getting in before 9 for breakfast, looks like it'll be a crappy Wetherspoons fry up unless anyone can recommend?

fernandopartridge

Yes, no rush to get back. Birmingham are playing Hull that day so the pubs could be pretty busy in the morning.

None of which look like they open early? (That might change considering KO?) We'll be getting in before 9 for breakfast, looks like it'll be a crappy Wetherspoons fry up unless anyone can recommend?

There is a little pub called the Penny Black which isn't too far from the station, come out the station and cross towards the bus station, it's over the other side. It opens at 9.

CV22SBA

On the 09:03 from Brum to Sheffield so will have pint & breakfast in Brum first. Probably have to be Spoons at that time. Then The Graduate opens from 10am so we'll grab a couple in there before the match.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

On the off chance that anyone knows of a spare going for this, could they let me know as a friend who couldn’t make it, now can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlueCharlie9

There is a little pub called the Penny Black which isn't too far from the station, come out the station and cross towards the bus station, it's over the other side. It opens at 9.
Ah the good old Penny Black. Recall that from when I was a student there in early 90s. Pub for postmen/women as PO was then right next door.

Jcap

Ah the good old Penny Black. Recall that from when I was a student there in early 90s. Pub for postmen/women as PO was then right next door.
Or there’s the Old Queens Head at the bottom of Pond St opposite the ponds forge swimming centre. One of the oldest pubs in England - though may have undergone a makeover since I was there in 90’s.

Philosorapter

Catching up with the U18's (The Academy)

Attachments

• U18 Wigan.PNG
    U18 Wigan.PNG
    79 KB · Views: 23
  • U18CCFC8.PNG
    U18CCFC8.PNG
    79.1 KB · Views: 21
  • U18WiganvCCFC.PNG
    U18WiganvCCFC.PNG
    102.7 KB · Views: 21

skybluesam66

In my younger years i got a pasting in the home end at Bramall Lane. Midweek cup game and to make matters worse we lost on pens.
I watched that streamed back to Highfield road, from underneath the East stand
must have been a few hundred of us gathered around the tv monitors - no big screen or anything so lavish

slowpoke

Such a significant moment in history really, I fully believe we'd have gone on to the final
And why ? Strachan had this thing about playing Dion Dublin England’s number two centre-forward to Alan Shearer at the time at centre-half with Moldavan in his place up front fucking up our forward line at a stroke.

procdoc

And why ? Strachan had this thing about playing Dion Dublin England’s number two centre-forward to Alan Shearer at the time at centre-half with Moldavan in his place up front fucking up our forward line at a stroke.
Robbie Fowler, Les Ferdinand, Ian Wright, Andy Cole were all ahead of Dublin pretty much

NortonSkyBlue

We were on a seven or eight game winning streak at the time until the home game and nobody was complaining about Moldavan or Dublin at the time.
Just to correct you Wright, Ferdinand, Cole, Fowler, Sheringham and Owen were ahead of Dublin at the time to play up front with Shearer.
Dublin finished as Joint golden boot winner.

fernandopartridge

He played centre half as we had injuries, not because he was better there

Legia Sky Blue

He was also an outstanding centre half though. Think the first time I saw him play there was at Wimbledon when we won 2-0 in a relegation crunch game.

Without Moldovan we might not even have made it that far given his winner at Villa Park, and despite his earlier miss at Bramall Lane he would have been a better bet to score a penalty than Simon Howarth who came on for him.

fernandopartridge

He was also an outstanding centre half though. Think the first time I saw him play there was at Wimbledon when we won 2-0 in a relegation crunch game.

Without Moldovan we might not even have made it that far given his winner at Villa Park, and despite his earlier miss at Bramall Lane he would have been a better bet to score a penalty than Simon Howarth who came on for him.
It was a very rare error from Roland Nilsson that led to the equaliser. Though on balance of the two games you just have to concede that Alan Kelly played a blinder and that's that

Hutch11

I've had many a gutted feeling following the City but that night ranks right up there
I don't think a single word was spoken the whole car journey home

Northants Sky Blue

Some memories here!

Watched the Villa game streamed under the East Stand at Highfield Rd, Bosnich was stopping shots with his backside then when Moldovan finally scored...carnage.

The replay at Bramall lane was the most gutted I'd been as a City fan up till then (the following 20 years put that in perspective)

Was at the Baseball Ground cup game the previous Feb, another shocker. Missed the first 10mins thanks to Harry Shaw driver getting lost en route...in Bedworth (!)

Ccfc1390

Some memories here!

Watched the Villa game streamed under the East Stand at Highfield Rd, Bosnich was stopping shots with his backside then when Moldovan finally scored...carnage.

The replay at Bramall lane was the most gutted I'd been as a City fan up till then (the following 20 years put that in perspective)

Was at the Baseball Ground cup game the previous Feb, another shocker. Missed the first 10mins thanks to Harry Shaw driver getting lost en route...in Bedworth (!)
Was at that game in fa Cup quarters, wounded that day I was !!

Users who are viewing this thread