Match Thread Sheffield Utd (a) - 12:30 - Sat 20th (1 Viewer)

jordan210

He said we were leggy after pressing a quality side for an hour . Bramall lane is also one of the biggest pitches in the Championship too

i think both explains his comments or does your background in player fitness suggest otherwise ?

Thats not how Pete posted it. I can only go of the interview summery he posted.

RegTheDonk

He was very good, but if he wasn’t tired or injured, why bring him off?

Since he took that hit at Blackburn we’ve had to sub him almost every game - it risks painting us into a corner, like what happened today. We’re a much more dangerous side when he’s playing at full tilt, getting him to 100% should be a priority. Feels like we’re forcing it at the moment.
We've just had a fortnight off, how long do you want to rest him to get him to full tilt? Best front man we've got and unless he's on crutches I'd rather he starts and gives them 70/80 minutes of hell and then worry about who's coming on for him.

martincov

We did not lose, away to a team that 2 years ago were premiership? still got those players? we are doing ok.
2nd year in a tougher league that we have not been in for a while. doing ok! no second year sydrome.
Still 4th, it will get tougher, thats football.
make the most that we are on the up.
this year going up would be tremendous, but another year is what?
we all expect? the lads are doing fine.
chill ot and see how it goes. it could be worse, we could be a massive club like sunlan hehe

martincov

Go to the sunlan board. Ipswich by far the worst team i have seen this year? they drew 0-0 at home hehe and they was ot any batter? long live L1 for the mackems.

Grendel

We did not lose, away to a team that 2 years ago were premiership? still got those players? we are doing ok.
2nd year in a tougher league that we have not been in for a while. doing ok! no second year sydrome.
chill ot and see how it goes. it could be worse, we could be a massive club like sunlan hehe

we are 5th

no_loyalty

Sheff United were in the Premier league last season.

TomRad85

Yeah. Hyam seems to be fair game for the boo boys. Quite odd. Seems anyone who helped us get promoted is disliked.

Odd
Untrue, most of the players that helped us get promoted are untouchable in the eyes of most. I reckon if asked a good 95% of our fans would want Kelly playing over Sheaf. They are of course wrong. Sheaf is the better player.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Untrue, most of the players that helped us get promoted are untouchable in the eyes of most. I reckon if asked a good 95% of our fans would want Kelly playing over Sheaf. They are of course wrong. Sheaf is the better player.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Good rule of thumb is to ask what covcity4life would say tbh

I said sheaf was good from get go. But I've been posting for a decade and posters still have audacity to disagree

I try not take it personally though

Brighton Sky Blue

Good rule of thumb is to ask what covcity4life would say tbh

I said sheaf was good from get go. But I've been posting for a decade and posters still have audacity to disagree

I try not take it personally though

Thought you predicted us to lose before kick off? ;)

slowpoke

Huge decision to play kane over dabo. Robins has the balls but it would have to work
A real delema for Mark Robins, Todd Kane is a bloody good right fullback, defending, over lapping and quality crosses but then we have Dabo who I thought had a good game today but for that final pass or centre so frustrating, for me v Birmingham same defence definitely

Sky Blue Pete

A real delema for Mark Robins, Todd Kane is a bloody good right fullback, defending, over lapping and quality crosses but then we have Dabo who I thought had a good game today but for that final pass or centre so frustrating, for me v Birmingham same defence definitely
Maatsen will start

SkyBlueMatt

We have been really struggling away from home so I liked the decision to go one upfront. Away from home against a side who was in the PL last year. It was important we didn't lose, if we can stabilise our away form, more results will come our way.

As fans I don't think we did a particularly good job of creating an atmosphere, I know it was a 12:30 KO but we were flat.

Also, in one of the bars to the right there was a young girl serving at HT who had been brought to tears. She didnt break down and carried on like a trooper but that wasn't a nice thing to see.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

We have been really struggling away from home so I liked the decision to go one upfront. Away from home against a side who was in the PL last year. It was important we didn't lose, if we can stabilise our away form, more results will come our way.

As fans I don't think we did a particularly good job of creating an atmosphere, I know it was a 12:30 KO but we were flat.

Also, in one of the bars to the right there was a young girl serving at HT who had been brought to tears. She didnt break down and carried on like a trooper but that wasn't a nice thing to see.

Some wankers just got to do what they do best I suppose

rexo87

Haven’t been on here much today after the game so interested to see what people thought. However I thought Sheaf had an absolute stormer especially first half. He was everywhere and was aggressive off the ball as well as on it. People behind us after 40 mins of Sheaf effectively running the game started discussing how Robins was wrong to play sheaf ahead of Kelly…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAM See

It's a terrible ground to get an atmosphere going, too wide and shallow. As somebody has already commented, there was three different versions of the same song going on, slightly out of sync at one point.

As for a member of staff being left in tears, that is a proper c**t's trick. Everyone here should call out our own fans for doing that if they see it happening.
Minimum wage student having to deal with coked up twats! We are better than that.

All in all, another great awayday, and 9 points from 9 games is pretty good form in my book.

larry_david

Sorry if it's been covered but what happened just before half time. Was someone dying in the away end by the middle? It got panicky then it just...disappeared

Brighton Sky Blue

It's a terrible ground to get an atmosphere going, too wide and shallow. As somebody has already commented, there was three different versions of the same song going on, slightly out of sync at one point.

As for a member of staff being left in tears, that is a proper c**t's trick. Everyone here should call out our own fans for doing that if they see it happening.
Minimum wage student having to deal with coked up twats! We are better than that.

All in all, another great awayday, and 9 points from 9 games is pretty good form in my book.

What exactly happened with her at HT?

fernandopartridge

Just watching the game back now as was out yesterday. We concede so much ground territorially when Kelly is on the pitch. Hamer isn't a great tackler but he faces up the opposition on their own half. Kelly was sat on the edge of our D. To be fair to him though part of that might have been down also to Allen and O'Hare tiring.

Also, the way it was described on here we were hanging on in the last 10 minutes. I don't think it was all that bad as an away team away from home.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread