Match Thread Sheffield Utd (a) - 12:30 - Sat 20th (3 Viewers)

Grendel

The obvious risk is the half time Sheffield team talk. Get Hamer wound up and he’s off

Alkhen

They have definitely targeted Hamer, we would miss him if he got subbed but it's just so dangerous to keep him on

stay_up_skyblues

These are shite. We look a bit impotent with Gyo on his own which was obviously predictable. But also we are controlling the midfield and the game with the extra man in midfield which was the aim. Good performances all round.

Happy_Martian

I doubt that will happen
We are bossing the midfield so far

But with nothing up front, we're getting the ball in midfield but then stopping as Vik is being covered by multiple defenders. We need to spread their defence somehow and the only way to do it is to bring on another striker.

SkyblueTexan

Kane put some lovely balls into the box, but just needed someone to nip in and tuck it away. Nip and tuck get it?

chiefdave

In control but the danger is they improve in the 2nd half. Assume Godden will come on at some point as we haven't really looked like scoring so far.

Brighton Sky Blue

But with nothing up front, we're getting the ball in midfield but then stopping as Vik is being covered by multiple defenders. We need to spread their defence somehow and the only way to do it is to bring on another striker.

Not necessarily, it just requires the midfield to be more aggressive in supporting Gyo when he gets the ball. Wouldn’t change it yet.

Offhegoes

Kelly on for Hamer for me at HT. Then Godden for Allen if we’re chasing a goal. Can’t afford to lose Gus on the hour, as he is bound to be targeted by Sheff U in the 2nd half

SeaSeeEffCee

Biggest risk in this game is Hamer getting sent off as they’re obviously going to target him and this ref is pretty card happy.

Better team in that half, although struggled a bit in the final third. Would probably wait 10 mins and then bring on Kelly for Hamer.

Hobo

Cov have control of the game but you can see Shutd have a goal in them. But we are the one half wonders and we also play through stoppage time. Personally, I just don't think we have the same thrust with one up front. Vik and A.N.Other can spread the defense so midfielders can run into gaps. Vik is being shut down too quickly and COH and Allen have nowhere to run to so they're turning the ball sideways or back.

Taking Hamer off at halftime for another striker would be far more fruitful than risking Gus being sent off and not having the option of bringing on another striker.
Bogle likes to come in and push people after ref has given the free kick. Already on a yellow for it so Hamer not only one in danger.

Happy_Martian

We don’t even have a 30 in the full squad

He's the one playing at Bramel Lane
Not necessarily, it just requires the midfield to be more aggressive in supporting Gyo when he gets the ball. Wouldn’t change it yet.

If Hamer gets red carded, we may not have the option to revert to an attacking formation.

no_loyalty

Keep it tight for 15 mins, then bring Godden on and go for it.

Blind-Faith

Bring Kelly on for Hamer, tell the other three midfielders to push forward and support viktor. Dominating the game but we really can’t afford to go down to 10 men.

Brighton Sky Blue

Why is it they will target our players but they have a centre half booked early and we do nothing?

Don’t think we have anyone good at the dark arts as such. I’d be targeting Bogle, talked himself into a booking and looks a bit loose

CCFC54321

Hamer off for me. We all know what’s going to happen with hamer and if robins does let him carry on and gets sent off a massive kick up the arse for hamer if he lets us down.

If godden was on I’d think he would have taken a chance so far but gyokeres has been a great outlet.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Would like to see a replay but felt the defence was out of shape and Hamer wasn't left with much choice to but to take that yellow card. Of course it's a worry with his style of play but has he actually ever been sent off for two yellows for us? I always feel he's very much in control and he dials the aggression back when needed.
Let’s hope so, losing him changes the midfield battle, and we’re winning it atm.

clint van damme

Would like to see a replay but felt the defence was out of shape and Hamer wasn't left with much choice to but to take that yellow card. Of course it's a worry with his style of play but has he actually ever been sent off for two yellows for us? I always feel he's very much in control and he dials the aggression back when needed.

I think O'Hare got drawn to the ball and left us short of cover elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread