Sheaf (2 Viewers)

junglej13

I know we are down to ten men and chasing shadows but don't think hes done anything in under 5 touches or found a shirt once. Head dropped and was swinging his arms around after 20 mins

Last edited:

Rw6208

Hi Guys.
I have to create account to talk about Ben Sheaf. He is completely out of his depth. He is being targeted, as they know he will flap and make a mistake. It is not my style to complain about players. However Ben is the worse we have had in there since Bezuilen(excuse my spelling)- in the Coleman days!!!!!

SlowerThanPlatt

Hi Guys.
I have to create account to talk about Ben Sheaf. He is completely out of his depth. He is being targeted, as they know he will flap and make a mistake. It is not my style to complain about players. However Ben is the worse we have had in there since Bezuilen(excuse my spelling)- in the Coleman days!!!!!

Rubbish. He didn’t have a good game but nor did any of the others

Grendel

Hi Guys.

It’s not your style but you’ve created an account to complain about a player?

Jamesimus

Hi Guys.

Can you uncreate your account please, you're completely out of your depth

Esoterica

He and Kelly looked good together first 15 minutes but we were camped in our half even before we went down to 10 men. There's no one to pass forwards to when they get the ball and O'Hare ended up almost playing as a left winger trying to find some space and escape markers.

Legia Sky Blue

He and Kelly looked good together first 15 minutes but we were camped in our half even before we went down to 10 men. There's no one to pass forwards to when they get the ball and O'Hare ended up almost playing as a left winger trying to find some space and escape markers.

You are correct, but we had just shown a way forward with the move that led to Godden hitting the post. Rose's poor positioning and stupidity in bringing their player down immediately afterwards meant repeating such a move was made more risky and so much more difficult by having only 10 men. The sending off changed everything.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Hi Guys.
Ironically I didn’t think Beuzelin was a bad player.... another player that didn’t run around a lot.

SBAndy

This is an issue even when we have 11. I don’t think the wing backs are starting high enough up the pitch and they need to be much quicker to break. When options aren’t available, Sheaf seems to struggle.

stupot07

This is an issue even when we have 11. I don’t think the wing backs are starting high enough up the pitch and they need to be much quicker to break. When options aren’t available, Sheaf seems to struggle.
Agreed, and we're missing that ball carrying ability Walsh had in the centre to drag the team forward.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bertola

Agreed, and we're missing that ball carrying ability Walsh had in the centre to drag the team forward.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

This, Ball carrying is massive in this day and age, Last season, we had Walsh, Dabo, McCallum, O'Hare all willing to get their foot on the ball and drag us forward 10/20 yards, even Rose would bring the ball forward at times.

This season, especially in the last couple of games, it's only been Giles who's been able to do that. O'HAre is missing someone like Walsh bringing the ball forward and getting in between the lines, as it freed up more space for him to get the ball, turn and run at defenders.

McCallum is trying, but playing on the right, means he's having to come inside more often than not, and gets into more congested areas.

I have hopes for Hamer to be able to do it, but hes had a different player next to him every game hes played so far this season, so is struggling to get any consistency in terms of who goes and who sits

Bertola

Giles happy to run with the ball. Doesn’t seem to like to take on an opponent though.

Agree to an extent, but even pushing the ball into empty space and running with it, especially with his pace, changes the momentum of the play. It was what made us so effective with the likes of Ryan Kent and Jacob Murphy in the Mowbray season

shmmeee

Agree to an extent, but even pushing the ball into empty space and running with it, especially with his pace, changes the momentum of the play. It was what made us so effective with the likes of Ryan Kent and Jacob Murphy in the Mowbray season

Pace alone changes how teams set up and creates space. Even if the end product is poor. Even if they don’t get the ball. At L1 level Giles was probably more rapid than 90% of fullbacks, now it’s more like 50-60%.

The jump in pace and power at this level is insane. We added virtually no pace and power from last seasons squad. I wonder if it’s a flaw in the data driven approach, maybe the models don’t pick up on the impact they have on a players game or maybe those with pace, power and good stats cost more than we can afford. Or they’re Kastaneer.

cc84cov

I give him some stick not arsed about admitting it either but he was a pleasure to watch tonight

johnwillomagic

Not saying Shipley didn't i like him but still would like to see Kelly, Hamer & Sheaf together in a start xi.....not sure this will happen though!

AFCCOVENTRY

He’s getting better in each game. Still has a silly mistake in him, like the goal that came from a sloppy pass. But his stats are oustanding.

Liquid Gold

Those are exactly the sort of stats that would have highlighted him in our recruitment team. I think he's the sort of player that you don't realise is on the pitch sometimes because he does his job with quiet efficiency. Shouldn't have given the ball away for their goal but he's not at fault as the attacker should have been challenged before getting a shot away. Some of his progressive passes to feet are phenomenal.

Esoterica

Not saying Shipley didn't i like him but still would like to see Kelly, Hamer & Sheaf together in a start xi.....not sure this will happen though!
Shipley offers a lot more dynamism going forward than Kelly. All 3 of those midfielders got box to box at times tonight which gave Reading a torrid time. It becomes a little more predictable with Kelly sitting in there. Would have done a great job with 20 minutes to go today though, no doubt.

cc84cov

Shipley offers a lot more dynamism going forward than Kelly. All 3 of those midfielders got box to box at times tonight. It becomes a little more predictable with Kelly sitting in there. Would have done a great job with 20 minutes to go today though, no doubt.
People talk about Allen and his runs Shipley for me makes better runs he imposed himself on the game a lot more.

Esoterica

People talk about Allen and his runs Shipley for me makes better runs he imposed himself on the game a lot more.
Allen did his job when he came on though, won the ball at left back in injury time. Shipley has had some stinkers already this year but a couple of very good performances too. They're young players adapting to the step up. Tonight they were played in a formation that allowed them to flourish though. No square pegs.

pusbccfc

He looks like a player who may struggle when the fans get on his back. With some confidence he'll be class.

KersleyDigs

Midfield 3 were immense tonight. Sheaf showed his qualities as a player who can also play centre half and that sitting in front of the back three really suits his style. Defensively (the silly pass for the equaliser aside) he was brilliant. He is the only player I think at this stage could get near Dom Hyam for POTS

fernandopartridge

It wasn't necessarily a silly pass for the equaliser, you can see Biamou facing him so it's just a misunderstanding. Like Sheaf I'd expect Biamou to show for the ball there. He didn't.

fatso

Played well tonight, looks like he’s settling in nicely now.
I’d still like to see Kelly in midfield with Hamer given a more attacking roll.

Users who are viewing this thread