Secret meeting fa chairman, sisu/otium, acl on thursday (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

So remind us Grappa, when were the accounts last filed?
Is that the current situation? Yes.
Is that hyperbole or fact? Fact
Have you just been on the Grappa or are you still on it?

Yes it is the current situation but you can look at all the business aspects you want of Tim Fisher and SISU, but the unprofessionalism from PWKH comes tying a balloon to a mans car which was used as a symbol of discontent and a wish for a certain company to leave where this particular individual was supposed to remain impartial personally despite his professional relationship with SISU.

That is why he is unprofessional and IMO better off staying away from negotiations regarding the Arena.

James Smith

He actually said “the accounts have been a mess; an absolute mess”. Not "are". Perfectly plausible for him to mean they were a mess before he arrived, but I'm sure that won't stop you using it as a stick to beat him with regardless.

The hyperbole levels are through the fucking roof over here.

So I quote without permission (hope this is okay SBSSquirrel if not please let me know by PM ASAP and I'll edit it out) from the frankly quite excellent A Prison of Measures Time Blog by Skybluesquirrel and the entry named What are the chances of passing a late fitness Test?

A Prison of Measured Time blog by Skybluesquirrel said:
At the recent ‘fan forums’ arranged by the club and Fisher and the Financial Director, Steve Brookfield were questioned over three evenings. An audience member directed a question at Brookfield regarding which company was acting as the football club and probed him for the detail as to which company collected income and paid the subsequent expenses. More specifically, he was asked how declarations for VAT was administered. Brookfield, as current finance director, stated that CCFC submit ‘group VAT returns’ that incorporates the trading activity of SBSL Ltd, CCFC Ltd and CCFC Holdings Ltd. He stated that
Well, it’s a group VAT registration. So, it covers Limited, Holdings and Sky Blue Sports & Leisure actually.
Although separate legal entities, a set of related companies can apply to register to submit VAT returns as a group. HMRC rules state, under Notice 700/2 Group and divisional registration that
When a VAT group is registered, any previous VAT registration numbers that individual members may have had will be cancelled and a new number will be issued to the group as a whole.
However, CCFC Ltd’s VAT number is 655 133 937 whilst CCFC Holdings Ltd is different – 708 79 738. Both are currently valid VAT numbers [checked 13 June 2013]. This means that both would have to submit separate VAT returns, not as suggested by the head of finance, as a group. I have received documents that show that season tickets and purchases from club shop display the VAT number of CCFC Ltd, whilst invoices for applications to the legends club season tickets display the VAT number registered to CCFC Holdings Ltd. The Companies do not share a VAT number as required by law to submit a group return. Either the FD is mistaken or the companies are in breach of further company legislation. Either way, questions should be asked if he has the skills required to control the finances of a group of companies with such a complex structure. Are control and checks sufficient? Is this the man to take matters forward and sort out ‘the mess’?
So still sounds like a mess to me having read that. I may be wrong but I somehow doubt Skybluesquirrel is.

jaytskyblue

Yes it is the current situation but you can look at all the business aspects you want of Tim Fisher and SISU, but the unprofessionalism from PWKH comes tying a balloon to a mans car which was used as a symbol of discontent and a wish for a certain company to leave where this particular individual was supposed to remain impartial personally despite his professional relationship with SISU.

That is why he is unprofessional and IMO better off staying away from negotiations regarding the Arena.

What rubbish, do listen to yourself.
The non filing of company accounts is a criminal offence and serious professional misconduct. The tying of a balloon which were floating around, probably after a few beers at a match, is a bit of fluff and social silliness.

rustyredline

That is worse than anything sisu have ever done to our club - tying a balloon to a car. Let's give the ricoh to them now for free and let the club get raped by them even further just to make it up :D Seriously not gonna get better with them in charge and making me laugh @ grappa. We owe the B******** 70 million and you think they haven't contributed to this 'mess'.

DazzleTommyDazzle

He actually said “the accounts have been a mess; an absolute mess”. Not "are". Perfectly plausible for him to mean they were a mess before he arrived, but I'm sure that won't stop you using it as a stick to beat him with regardless.

The hyperbole levels are through the fucking roof over here.

No, you are mistaken.

He was referring to the fact that the last set of CCFC Ltd accounts to be filed, which he of course signed, showed that the trade of the football club was through that company. He was trying to explain why he was by then claiming that it was a "non-trading subsidiary".

No hyperbole - just fact.

RoboCCFC90

What rubbish, do listen to yourself.
The non filing of company accounts is a criminal offence and serious professional misconduct. The tying of a balloon which were floating around, probably after a few beers at a match, is a bit of fluff and social silliness.

Correct on both counts, Tim Fisher as far as I have seen wasn't going to be there, but it has to be said that maturity and professionalism such as shown by PWKH doesn't warrant a space in the room.

James Smith

No, you are mistaken.

He was referring to the fact that the last set of CCFC Ltd accounts to be filed, which he of course signed, showed that the trade of the football club was through that company. He was trying to explain why he was by then claiming that it was a "non-trading subsidiary".

No hyperbole - just fact.
Why let facts stand in the way of a good rant?

Nonleagueherewecome

There has been a litany of unprofessionalism from Fisher and the other SISU men throughout their tenure that make your placing the tying of a balloon to a car as worse fucking hilarious. As indeed was the prank, IMO-at least PWKH has a sense of humour!

Grendel

As he likes posting on fans forums I'm curious why PWKH doesn't post on GMK.

Nonleagueherewecome

Grappa

Why let facts stand in the way of a good rant?

You do make me laugh. How on earth is actually quoting what he said ("the accounts have been in a mess") to balance your carefully considered interpretation of what he said, a rant? The fevered sisu-hate one-upmanship on display here is hyperbolic. That's not ranting it's stating my opinion.

Grendel

Nonleagueherewecome

I think that site is inhabited with real supporters of the club and I suspect he knows he'd get a far more deserving response.

Real supporters as opposed to those on here? I thought they were all SISU fans and looking forwards to the jolly in Northampton?

Grendel

Johnnythespider

I've tried to register but it keeps coming up with an error message.

I'd gladly join - this site is superior but is clearly infiltrated with council trolls adopting multi user id's.

You are a real fan. Just a bit misguided.
Rubbish man, it's the like button that brings you here

dadgad

You do make me laugh. How on earth is actually quoting what he said ("the accounts have been in a mess") to balance your carefully considered interpretation of what he said, a rant? The fevered sisu-hate one-upmanship on display here is hyperbolic. That's not ranting it's stating my opinion.

What's your favourite Grappa, Grappa?

skybluehugh

I've tried to register but it keeps coming up with an error message.

I'd gladly join - this site is superior but is clearly infiltrated with council trolls adopting multi user id's.

You are a real fan. Just a bit misguided.

I am surprised it isn't ACL/CCC's fault you can't sign up. You blame them for everything else that is wrong with CCFC.

Users who are viewing this thread