Seating changes for Ricoh Return (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

Despite having a ST in the Telegraph stand, I didn't get anything. Not receiving emails from the club really feels like we're back home now.

chiefdave

I get the idea but my preference would be to start selling away tickets from block 11 & 12 and the release more when needed.

Close off say 24-27 and 32-35 along with how ever many rows at the back you need to bring the capacity down to the required level. That should mean not too many people not being able to get their old seats. Think the atmosphere would be decent then and it would also look a lot better. Put the adverts over the corners / back rows and you potentially have the ground looking pretty full. A whole stand being closed can't do much for atmosphere when we're attacking that end and will look terrible on TV.

Saying that won't impact me much as try and get in somewhere near the halfway line.

duffer

I'm not convinced about doing this just for atmosphere, I think it's a bit more about cutting costs. Otherwise, as Nick says, it would be better to simply move everyone closer to the pitch, and have home support behind both goals.

Regardless, and fwiw, I always thought the 'home' end should have been the South stand. Sitting in the north and facing south always meant squinting into the sun, I was kind of surprised that they set it up that way from the off. Regardless, we're home, and that's what really matters. If we start to play well and get decent crowds, then hopefully it becomes academic. :)

Grendel

Grendel

Clearly still not understanding the point of this thread.

No just failing to understand why you mentioned a team that will not support your example as an example.

RFC for once had your pants down - you thought they were still in the league - just own up.

letsallsingtogether

So how many would Sheffield United have brought to the Ricoh after all they sold out the shitty stand last week?

No just failing to understand why you mentioned a team that will not support your example as an example.

RFC for once had your pants down - you thought they were still in the league - just own up.

skybluebal

Yea seems a reasonable idea, could have gone with sectioning off the the top 10/15 rows so we still have fans from all 4 sides.

This would have been my preference also. Makes the ground look full rather than empty behind a goal. Not good visually, shame, but at least we are back and it's up to us fans to get all stands opened.

ampthill_sba

First post for ages from me...but now that the feuding has stopped and the football takes centre stage it's good to be back on here AND of course at the RICOH.

The JPT match v Sheff Utd when we were all put in the one stand really improved the atmosphere...I thought we should do this for all games back then esp whilst average gates are low.

Success will be measured by the opening up of blocks...just like at other grounds eg MK Dons.

My block (36) remains open and is a great view. Good banter but unfailing support: I look forward to more fans joining us this season from blocks 26-31!

pusbccfc

Closing the top half of each stand would be a poor idea. The atmosphere wouldn't be good due to being so far from the roof. To add to this there a many people who love sitting as far back as possible (me included).

Closing the telegraph stand could result in a near full stand (south stand) every week. I'd rather two relatively full stands than 3 half full stands.

LB87ccfc

I remember the preston game at the Ricoh in the JPT and the telegraph was opened partially to accomodate the overspill, but the atmosphere in the main stand and blocks 15/16 was immense, the Tel stand is bloody awful for atmosphere, better to have everyone more compact, and hopefully bring the away fans closer to 15 and have our fans either side of them boxing them in, so they get no enjoyment or opportunity to give their team an advantage whatsoever.

covcity4life

i would have prefered top of 2 stands cordoned off to push people together, its gonna look pretty damn bare with no sky blue fans behind the goal.

atmosphere should improve however either way.

LB87ccfc

i would have prefered top of 2 stands cordoned off to push people together, its gonna look pretty damn bare with no sky blue fans behind the goal.

Fans will have the option of going behind the goal in the south stand.

italiahorse

Just quoting a typical team we can relate too from previous Ricoh years.

Your such a prick with your continual points scoring against fellow fans.

italiahorse

Just block the gangways above the steps with an advertising board in both stands behind the goals.
Got to be the preferred option.

skybluetony176

Just quoting a typical team we can relate too from previous Ricoh years.

Your such a prick with your continual points scoring against fellow fans.

I understood what you were getting at, as I'm sure they did. Some people are just looking for fresh arguments as they lost the last one. Either that or they don't have the vision to see that we could actually get promoted this season and be playing Wolves next season (assuming they don't get relegated).

Either way, it's a problem waiting to happen moving forward.

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

Anyway, without getting into point scoring about who is in what league, any fans having to be moved for large away followings in the cup would always have to happen if for instance we ever made the prem. City fans will have been sat in Arsenal season ticket holders seats.

Kneeza

Just shut most of the Tesco stand. Attacking a huge empty bank of plastic seats is hardly conducive to generating an atmosphere for 'Steven Pressley's Players'......

Gint11

I am all for this move. For me I would prefer home fans in the South stand and push the away end into the corner. I have never agreed to away fans being behind a goal, We never did at Highfield rd so why now? This also gives the away team an incentive. Thew only issue with this move as stated a few times is if an away team wants to bring a large following. We may still only bring 10-12k but the away fan demand may be 4-5k so what happens then? Do all ST holders in the South stand transfer back to the CET for one game? It needs organising.

fernandopartridge

I am all for this move. For me I would prefer home fans in the South stand and push the away end into the corner. I have never agreed to away fans being behind a goal, We never did at Highfield rd so why now? This also gives the away team an incentive. Thew only issue with this move as stated a few times is if an away team wants to bring a large following. We may still only bring 10-12k but the away fan demand may be 4-5k so what happens then? Do all ST holders in the South stand transfer back to the CET for one game? It needs organising.
We did put away fans behind the goal at HR up until 1993 matey.

#CarlBakerDay #ClivePlattWeek #JohnGayleMonth

fernandopartridge

Just shut most of the Tesco stand. Attacking a huge empty bank of plastic seats is hardly conducive to generating an atmosphere for 'Steven Pressley's Players'......
The CT stand was virtually empty in the last season at the Ricoh.

skyblueluke

This is a great idea, I went to all the jpt as well as L1 games at the ricoh and the atmosphere was so much better with the closed stands

aloisiwouldhavescored

I got my e-mail yesterday and promptly sent a reply back saying we weren't very happy about moving from the CET stand as we have sat there since the Ricoh opened, along with family and friends, and we also had our padded seats there.

Have just had a telephone call from a very nice young man in the ticket office to discuss it, and, to cut a long story short, we have now chosen our new seats for this season. We are going in the West Stand this time (will really miss sitting behind the goal though but won't miss the sun's glare!) and our padded seats will move with us.

Good customer service on this one!

fernandopartridge

I got my e-mail yesterday and promptly sent a reply back saying we weren't very happy about moving from the CET stand as we have sat there since the Ricoh opened, along with family and friends, and we also had our padded seats there.

Have just had a telephone call from a very nice young man in the ticket office to discuss it, and, to cut a long story short, we have now chosen our new seats for this season. We are going in the West Stand this time (will really miss sitting behind the goal though but won't miss the sun's glare!) and our padded seats will move with us.

Good customer service on this one!
Can't argue with that.

Users who are viewing this thread