Seating changes for Ricoh Return (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Love this comment on CET as to the reasons behind it:

This doesn't make sense at all and looks more like an attempt to stop a behind the goal supporters club from forming. Leave well alone I'd say.

LB87ccfc

I am all for this move. For me I would prefer home fans in the South stand and push the away end into the corner. I have never agreed to away fans being behind a goal, We never did at Highfield rd so why now? This also gives the away team an incentive. Thew only issue with this move as stated a few times is if an away team wants to bring a large following. We may still only bring 10-12k but the away fan demand may be 4-5k so what happens then? Do all ST holders in the South stand transfer back to the CET for one game? It needs organising.

It has been organised though, its about time the away section was smaller, the CET stand is awful now compared to say 5-6 seasons ago, time to bring fans closer, and box in the away supporters which this move will now do, block 10 is behind the goal for those who wish to sit behind a goal.

In terms of away fans demanding 4-5k there is not a single club in league one right now who would bring that to us.. in terms of cup competition if it was to happen... Arsenal fans moved for us, so I am pretty sure it would be tough tits.

fernandopartridge

It has been organised though, its about time the away section was smaller, the CET stand is awful now compared to say 5-6 seasons ago, time to bring fans closer, and box in the away supporters which this move will now do, block 10 is behind the goal for those who wish to sit behind a goal.

In terms of away fans demanding 4-5k there is not a single club in league one right now who would bring that to us.. in terms of cup competition if it was to happen... Arsenal fans moved for us, so I am pretty sure it would be tough tits.
Sheff Utd are the only ones and we've already played them.

#CarlBakerDay #ClivePlattWeek #JohnGayleMonth

cornoccfc

I got my e-mail yesterday and promptly sent a reply back saying we weren't very happy about moving from the CET stand as we have sat there since the Ricoh opened, along with family and friends, and we also had our padded seats there.

Have just had a telephone call from a very nice young man in the ticket office to discuss it, and, to cut a long story short, we have now chosen our new seats for this season. We are going in the West Stand this time (will really miss sitting behind the goal though but won't miss the sun's glare!) and our padded seats will move with us.

Good customer service on this one!

Christ! Good customer service, whatever next!

pusbccfc

The CET should now sponsor the south stand.

Kingokings204

The CET should now sponsor the south stand.

That's a good point. Are the CT happy about this or is it a sisu nopm campaign against simon gilbert? Lol

Serious question though especially for simon? Are the CT happy about this?

Nick

Administrator
Doesn't it mean their sponsorship has expired so it doesn't matter? If they want to sponsor the other one they just sponsor that one?

Brighton Sky Blue

When I was at the Allianz a few weeks ago they obviously know that for 1860's games they won't even get half of the 70,000 capacity so rather than close stands off they just closed off the highest tiers accordingly so you still had fans all around the ground. Might have been a better idea here but at least somebody's putting some thought in.

RegTheDonk

So we have blocks 10-13 available.

What happens to St holders when we draw Wolves or WBA In the cup?

I suppose they have based this idea on the kind of crowds we'll draw in the league, so they assume away fans won't need more than 6-9.

If we do get a big cup draw, guess they are banking on us filling the ground and screw the away fans. If thats not possible (percentage of allocation has to be within the rules?) then would assume they would give some of those 10-13 blocks to the away fans ... ST holders would have to buy cup tickets in a different part of the ground. Just hope any PSLs that are moved there don't get vandalised.

On the idea of closing the Telegraph itself, I totally get the idea of making it a more intimidating atmosphere and getting behind the team. I do wonder what are they going to do if (for example) we fill up with a few days to go? Are they going to turn down making more money for the sake of £5K. Or if they open it up and its just a couple of thousand in there, that'll look pretty shit. And if they don't open it, "You're grounds too big for you..." lol

Bit of a dilemma ... will also be interesting to see how long it takes to get a pie, a pint or a piss. Think I'll have to forgo the half time fag too!

theferret

On the idea of closing the Telegraph itself, I totally get the idea of making it a more intimidating atmosphere and getting behind the team. I do wonder what are they going to do if (for example) we fill up with a few days to go? Are they going to turn down making more money for the sake of £5K. Or if they open it up and its just a couple of thousand in there, that'll look pretty shit. And if they don't open it, "You're grounds too big for you..." lol

Bit of a dilemma ... will also be interesting to see how long it takes to get a pie, a pint or a piss. Think I'll have to forgo the half time fag too!

They'll do exactly what they did last season for the JPT games I imagine. They will just open it up block by block as dictated by demand.

Incidentally, the atmosphere for those games was far superior to most of the league games that season, and the ground felt more full, despite the attendances being comparable with the league average.

RegTheDonk

They'll do exactly what they did last season for the JPT games I imagine. They will just open it up block by block as dictated by demand.

Incidentally, the atmosphere for those games was far superior to most of the league games that season, and the ground felt more full, despite the attendances being comparable with the league average.

Fair dues, that would make sense. I wonder if they'll still have to pay for the whole stand or if they can negotiate it on a block-by-block basis?

italiahorse

Fair dues, that would make sense. I wonder if they'll still have to pay for the whole stand or if they can negotiate it on a block-by-block basis?

If right it must be for opening up the facilities under the stand. Why not just close them and people can walk round.
At least just open up the first 10 rows rather than leave it empty

Nick

Administrator
If right it must be for opening up the facilities under the stand. Why not just close them and people can walk round.
At least just open up the first 10 rows rather than leave it empty
Surely the electric and toilets wouldn't cost that much would they?

Grendel

theferret

Conspiracies aside, I think the club have simply responded to calls to do something to improve the atmosphere and overall matchday experience. When they tried this 2 years ago, it worked, so they have made the decision on that basis alone I think, and any potential cost savings are secondary. Some people over-analyse these things and see motives that are just not there.

italiahorse

The club wouldn't pay for the catering stuff would they?

No they wouldn't that's a separate contract.

Who knows in this new agreement.
The detail may be costed on usage of facilities.
The club may be allowed to pick and mix.
May also include f and b but a charge for facilities.
Evidently we will never know.

italiahorse

Conspiracies aside, I think the club have simply responded to calls to do something to improve the atmosphere and overall matchday experience. When they tried this 2 years ago, it worked, so they have made the decision on that basis alone I think, and any potential cost savings are secondary. Some people over-analyse these things and see motives that are just not there.

I think you're right.

ccfc92

Who knows in this new agreement.
The detail may be costed on usage of facilities.
The club may be allowed to pick and mix.
May also include f and b but a charge for facilities.
Evidently we will never know.

would be nice to know though. We must be in a position where we are nearly making money surely?

Very low wage budget (once CB has gone ;) ), hopefully bigger attendances (12k+) and sponsorship, Ricoh deal etc....

slyblue57

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by aloisiwouldhavescored

I got my e-mail yesterday and promptly sent a reply back saying we weren't very happy about moving from the CET stand as we have sat there since the Ricoh opened, along with family and friends, and we also had our padded seats there.

Have just had a telephone call from a very nice young man in the ticket office to discuss it, and, to cut a long story short, we have now chosen our new seats for this season. We are going in the West Stand this time (will really miss sitting behind the goal though but won't miss the sun's glare!) and our padded seats will move with us.

Good customer service on this one!

Well i still have nt had an email from the club as yet telling me what options are available as i ve got to move from the telegraph stand. I ve had a season ticket for 25 years. They ve got my email address as i get the usual club updates. I emailed the club, no reply , i attempted to ring the ticket office on numerous occassions, did nt get through. Guess no season ticket ,great customer service.

theferret

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by aloisiwouldhavescored

Well i still have nt had an email from the club as yet telling me what options are available as i ve got to move from the telegraph stand. I ve had a season ticket for 25 years. They ve got my email address as i get the usual club updates. I emailed the club, no reply , i attempted to ring the ticket office on numerous occassions, did nt get through. Guess no season ticket ,great customer service.

Have you tried sending a tweet? They seem to be answered quite quick.

Also, have you logged into your ccfcshop account? Is the email address linked to your ST definitely the one you receive updates to?

Either way, there is no panic? Needn't stop you buying a ST surely, and the staff are probaly swamped at the moment. Not their fault really. I am sure you can sort it tomorrow.

slyblue57

Tweeted and e mailed, nada , must be me lol,
Sure I will sought it but as I do nt live in coventry
anymore its a bit of a pain.
pusb

Users who are viewing this thread