Seating changes for Ricoh Return (1 Viewer)

CovFan

North stand (Coventry Telegraph) to be closed on match days unless attendance is predicted to exceed 18k.

South stand to be opened up to away fans enabling fans to sit nearer to the away fans.

Thoughts?

stupot07

Had to do something about the atmosphere, being nearer to away fans, and making the crowd less sparse seem sensibly ideas. Although it is obviously an inconvenience to people who had STs there.

At the end of the day, we will get a decent crowd for Gillingham but attendances will be back to c10k after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Terry Gibson's perm

How will the mad hatters get into every picture if they can't sit behind the goal? Why not just open the front some people like to sit behind the goal (I'm not one though block 20 or the corporate for me)

Evans1883

Somebody mentioned on facebook the other day that the rent deal is 5k a stand per match , i didnt believe him but now i kind of do , if he is also right we are not getting any matchday revenue either

SkyBlue_Bear83

Just got this e-mail

We are writing to inform you that we will not be making Season Tickets available in the North Stand at the Ricoh Arena for the 2014/15 season.

The plan is to close the stand (blocks 26 to 31) when demand for match tickets is not sufficient enough because we want to generate the best possible atmosphere for Steven Pressley and the team.

Of course, if numbers dictate, we will gladly open the stand but we want to learn from the experience of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy two season ago where having fans closer together helped to create a much better atmosphere for the team on the pitch.

As you were a Season Ticket holder in this area during the 2012/13 season, we wanted to write to you first before the details were made public and let you know of the plan.

If you want to sit behind one of the goals, there will be Season Tickets available in the South Stand in blocks 10, 11, 12 and 13. The Family Zone will remain open in the same location as before.

We understand that this plan may cause inconvenience, but the sole purpose is to help improve the atmosphere and to help create a vibrant arena for Steven Pressley and the players.

westofrayne

North stand (Coventry Telegraph) to be closed on match days unless attendance is predicted to exceed 18k.

South stand to be opened up to away fans enabling fans to sit nearer to the away fans.

Thoughts?

aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh my PSL my children and father's seats are behind the goal behind disable section so that the kids don't get their view blocked. Gonna have to contact TO. Anybody know what stands are open and where away fans r gonna be

DazzleTommyDazzle

Just beat me to it CCFC.

Bit of a shame, as I'd have hoped to resume sitting near to the people I got to know (a little, not enough to exchange contact details, I am British after all....) on match days over recent years.

On the other hand, if it does help the atmosphere, then it'll be worth it.

westofrayne

I've not received that email, strange?.. anybody got a block plan for stadium and know where the away fans are going to be?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yea seems a reasonable idea, could have gone with sectioning off the the top 10/15 rows so we still have fans from all 4 sides.

Should hopefully be a positive change.

pusbccfc

Don't see the problem? Just sit in the identical south stand. Atmosphere will be great there too!

Kingokings204

Think it's a positive move. Why not?

It's not like they have closed it permantely as try said they will gladly open it up. So hopefully for gillingham it will be open and all the ground sold out.

lewys33

Didn't realise there were 2 threads on this......

Not a bad idea in the long run. First game (and maybe a couple more) I would Imagine all stands will be open though.

Puts more substance to the rumour of the rent being 5k per stand per game.

westofrayne

Totally understand logic, but there are alot of PSL and ST holders in CET stand might make more sense to close south stand and avoid moving a lot of people. As long as i can choose mine and rest of families seats tomorrow should be able to get identical seats in south stand

Nick

Administrator
Totally understand logic, but there are alot of PSL and ST holders in CET stand might make more sense to close south stand and avoid moving a lot of people. As long as i can choose mine and rest of families seats tomorrow should be able to get identical seats in south stand
Yeah i think they need to do some decent pr and look after the people they are moving to make sure they come back.

RoboCCFC90

Well I was planning to go back to Singers Corner, however I might move to the South Stand if it means generating a better atmosphere, pusbccfc, ccfc92, thoughts on this one Chaps?

lewys33

Well I was planning to go back to Singers Corner, however I might move to the South Stand if it means generating a better atmosphere, pusbccfc, ccfc92, thoughts on this one Chaps?

I used to go in block 10 when they opened it that 1 season. Was good up there!

lewys33

Yh if they just replicate the north to the south then hopefully it will work alright. There is a hell of a lot of work to make sure everything goes smoothly for the first game, I will be shocked if there aren't some small issues come the 5th.

shmmeee

Would've preferred closing the back rows to bring people closer and avoid the empty stands, but I can understand from a financial POV why they chose to close an entire stand instead, as it'll save on stewarding, etc.

I hope the club put something there other than empty seats.

lewys33

I wonder if the away fans will be in blocks 7, 8 and 9 or 14, 15 and 16?

I would shove them under the scoreboard for the best atmosphere.

wingy

So we have blocks 10-13 available.

What happens to St holders when we draw Wolves or WBA In the cup?

lewys33

Would've preferred closing the back rows to bring people closer and avoid the empty stands, but I can understand from a financial POV why they chose to close an entire stand instead, as it'll save on stewarding, etc.

I hope the club put something there other than empty seats.

I dunno about that. Think about how hard it is to get a atmosphere going with shallow stands/no (further away from) roof. Wolves away for example.

Flying Fokker

A few seasons ago i moved to block 10. It was good.

I normally go to block 15 but will be going to block 10 again.

The Telegraph Stand was not all it was cracked up to be anyway. Sun in the eyes etc.

wingy

They'll have to get the Brushes /Rollers out sharpish.

Hideous HMP Creamy colour everywhere down there ,Yuck.

hill83

Interesting. I was block 15 but have always preferred behind the goal.

Houdi

Agree surely the logical thing would have been to close the South Stand, as no Coventry fans go in there now anyway. Move the away fans across the South stand right next to Singers corner to create a better atmosphere. Now if we draw a team with a large following say 4-5,000 where are they supposed to go? Presumably they will have to be accommodated in the Telegraph stand.

Thoughts?

Any news on LEGENDS Block F arrangements for the Gilly match and Season tickets ??

SkyBlueHomer

Yeah i think they need to do some decent pr and look after the people they are moving to make sure they come back.

Exactly, all about PR now. We have been asking for this for ages, home/away fans next to each other but not interested before.

I have always sat in block 29 behind the goal, even in the Highfield Rd days sat behind the goal in the West Terrace so why not all those that have sat in the blocks now being closed get 1st dibs on the seats in block 12-10/9 (depending on where segregation will be) for a short period of time.
There is no way i'm being shoved into a corner just because someone from another part of the stadium now wants to sit next to the away fans.

Users who are viewing this thread