Seating changes for Ricoh Return (1 Viewer)

hill83

Exactly, all about PR now. We have been asking for this for ages, home/away fans next to each other but not interested before.

I have always sat in block 29 behind the goal, even in the Highfield Rd days sat behind the goal in the West Terrace so why not all those that have sat in the blocks now being closed get 1st dibs on the seats in block 12-10/9 (depending on where segregation will be) for a short period of time.
There is no way i'm being shoved into a corner just because someone from another part of the stadium now wants to sit next to the away fans.

I'll forum fight you for it.

robbiethemole

This might work, as in the CT stand if it rained, we got bloody soaked the wind always seemed to come that way. the away fans were always in the dry.

aloisiwouldhavescored

Not too happy about closing the CET Stand. We have sat in the same seats, with family and friends around us, since the Ricoh opened, and have PSL there. Similarly, sat in the corresponding stand at Highfield Road for many years, the West Stand.

Just wouldn't be the same, sitting somewhere else, but the main thing is that I get to see my team play at home again. PUSB

wingy

This might work, as in the CT stand if it rained, we got bloody soaked the wind always seemed to come that way. the away fans were always in the dry.

Conversely ,you could often walk out of there with a nice Apres Ski look.

you know what they say ,"The Sun always shines on the Righteous".:)

Noggin

While that is my favourite stand as my wife is always happier to be there when we are sitting in the sunshine overall this is a change I'm absolutely thrilled with and imo should have been made long ago. Scattering everyone around killed the atmosphere and hurt attendances. Nice to be able to say well done CCFC for a change.

dadgad

I agree wholeheartedly with this plan.
Home fans must always have the sun at their backs. This helps atmosphere tremendously.

edgy

Good move. Only thing I'll say is, it'll look shit on the highlights and we'll have the piss taken out of us.

Nick

Administrator
Would have been good to close the back of the stands so the fans could be closer and all the way around but maybe it is not do-able.

cornoccfc

Would have been good to close the back of the stands so the fans could be closer and all the way around but maybe it is not do-able.

More hassle I guess.

Glad its the CET stand closing. Much prefer the Jewson being open.

torchomatic

Bugger. Our seats were in Block 29.

coop

Does this mean that we won't be attacking towards our own fans.blocking off ten rows all the way round the top would be better.

italiahorse

Does this mean that we won't be attacking towards our own fans.blocking off ten rows all the way round the top would be better.

MKDons stadium just close the upper tier.
We need to do the same with say advertising boards or netting.

If we are paying per stand then it must be to do with facilities closing.
We could still close them in that stand and people have a choice to walk to the Tesco stand or move seats.

torchomatic

Where has this been announced then? No email and nothing on the website.

wingy

MKDons stadium just close the upper tier.
We need to do the same with say advertising boards or netting.

If we are paying per stand then it must be to do with facilities closing.
We could still close them in that stand and people have a choice to walk to the Tesco stand or move seats.

According to the Blurb this Is solely to do with improving atmosphere and no bearing on cost .

Nick

Administrator
Most email systems send it in batches of 100 or something every so often to prevent overloading so not everybody will get them at the same time.

cornoccfc

According to the Blurb this Is solely to do with improving atmosphere and no bearing on cost .

Doubt they'd announce cost was a factor.

Improving the atmosphere makes sense, and good PR.

Still think they're missing a few tricks moving back to the Ricoh

Kingokings204

The rent is based on 5k per stand. That's the problem here.

I think sisu get to save money and it benefits the team so win win I guess

wingy

Doubt they'd announce cost was a factor.

Improving the atmosphere makes sense, and good PR.

Still think they're missing a few tricks moving back to the Ricoh

I guess so .

If this rumour of £5K per stand Is true though ,that's £345K for the season ,which Is tad further than they were willing to go,unless It included matchday Expenses.

wingy

The rent is based on 5k per stand. That's the problem here.

I think sisu get to save money and it benefits the team so win win I guess

It seems more Practical /doable ,makes things more viable ,and pays for one more decent player at this level .

ccfcmad1

Just a thought but if the stand remains closed for most of the season which it will as we wont get many gates over 18k why not us that stand for flags a lot of people have them at the away games and could always get some made up, just a thought it'l look slighty better than rows of empty seats

Last edited:

pusbccfc

With about 1500 taken up with away fans' allocation, it leaves about 4500 seats behind the goal, if we can populate that with at least 3000 each week the atmosphere could be superb.

Wheelfass

There's sure to be some niggles about relocation but I think that the changes are being made for the right reasons. It really could be a case of let's all sing together. Blocks 15 and 16 always give great vocal support and to add to that would be a massive advantage.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
If they sell home season tickets in the normal away end and then wolves say they want tickets , do they move these season ticket holders ?
It seems silly to restrict away fans when the other side of the stadium is empty.

Somethings not quite right here.

I was just going to ask the same. Bit like Walsall did when we visited the other yr and wanted a bigger allocation; season ticket holders got moved. Suppose it wouldn't happen often though

RFC

If they sell home season tickets in the normal away end and then wolves say they want tickets , do they move these season ticket holders ?
It seems silly to restrict away fans when the other side of the stadium is empty.

Didn't know Wolves were in this Division? LOL

Grendel

Wolves got promoted.

ccfc92

Away fans should always be in a corner IMO.

Surrounded, intimidated, and have a very small impact on their team by not being behind a goal.

cornoccfc

A few seasons ago i moved to block 10. It was good.

I normally go to block 15 but will be going to block 10 again.

The Telegraph Stand was not all it was cracked up to be anyway. Sun in the eyes etc.

Block 10 was superb for atmosphere when it was opened up!

Wheelfass

Away fans should always be in a corner IMO.

Surrounded, intimidated, and have a very small impact on their team by not being behind a goal.

Exactly. That's what playing at home should be about, an advantage, and every little bit of advantage counts.

Users who are viewing this thread