Season tickets details (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Who's saying it's all down to the owners?
Both myself and DOD have said we would pay more to relieve the burden from concession tickets, I appreciate others may not feel the same.

People who've been to Sixfields and St. Andrews and go home and away are being forced to pay a substantial rise or move to a part of the ground they don't want to go to because it will detract from their children's match day experience and your defending it, do you realise how that looks?
Nope not defending it
I’m asking a genuine question because david enjoys hyperbole
Will people really stop going because they have to move seats?
That’s it really you can make of it what you will but fundamentally I think that’s a crock of shit
I’m pleased I can still afford to go I will have to move from 21 to 31 but that’s just me
The rumours I heard were awful compared to this situation.
I am flabbergasted that genuine supporters will not go because they have to move seats
I understand the anger and frustration I don’t understand the well that’s me done

Sky Blue Harry H

1m each on replacements isn’t going to cut it. Said it the other day - I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, but we need to be cautious with him
The cost of the replacements is less important than the quality, and the character. Plenty of good players have cost relatively little, yet some of the multi million buys can be total duds. See Watford and many other clubs for examples of that. The salaries also follow some of these big name duds. Just hoping that we can get the majority of the purchases right.

Boosh

No I haven't? :ROFLMAO:

You made some silly demands, I told you to fuck off because I'm on my phone. I also said the styles of email addresses on your accounts were all the same... ;)

Makes you wonder what other bullshit you are saying ;)

Please provide the accounts I’m using other than this one and the times I’ve agreed with myself. If not stop detailing the thread and everyone knows you’re lying. Thanks

Nick

Administrator
then provide the times I’ve agreed with myself on multiple accounts, or in fact used 2 at the same time. Thanks

Grantyy and Granty were both online the same days
Boosh is Back and Booshh were also online on the same days
TPWKBoosh and Cov Kiwi also online the same days

Now fuck off you weirdo as I am sure there are plenty more.

OldBedrocker

You say this, however it's £300 or £350 a season for a parent to take their kid to go to football for a season.

Potentially a tenner a game for an adult and a kid. It's less than 2 pints of the shocking beer in the concourse.
In the family zone so I have to move away from my friends etc whose kids are grown up? Why is it so much cheaper there?
Still don’t see the justification it’s not like we’re turning full price fans away each week at the expense of kids

Ashdown

I think others would also see the £50 for under 14s is reasonable. Its the fact people cannot pay this to retain their existing seats thats the issue, if it was £50 to renew in your existing seats that would be fine Remember we are talking about people that often bring 2 or more children and themselves so the hike is massive to these true supporters at a difficult time. Don't punish the fans because a few have cheated the system. Show you listen to the fans and make £50 for kids regardless of where they sit and do proper checks at the entrances.

taken from the CT site and one of a very few sensible suggestions
Sorry just can’t agree….£2.17 a game ?!
That’s not going to discourage people snapping up prime seats for them not to be used half the time. The club needs to sell prime seats to people who are there most of the time. The amount of kids I’ve seen in blocks 14-19 sitting throughout the entire game, heads down on tablets etc They May as well do that in the new family zone.
I feel most in this for the 59-64 year olds and the people wanting to renew in blocks 27-30…..but I reckon they will release them to cope with demand soon anyway.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The cost of the replacements is less important than the quality, and the character. Plenty of good players have cost relatively little, yet some of the multi million buys can be total duds. See Watford and many other clubs for examples of that. The salaries also follow some of these big name duds. Just hoping that we can get the majority of the purchases right.

we need replacements ready to go somewhat. In this league the likelyhood is 1m will get us young development players.

we’ve been down this road before in recent years, not getting adequate replacements for our top scorers and assisters… twice - the outcome was the same each time

2000 - Robbie Keane & Gary McAllister
2012 - Marlon King & Aron Gunarsson (Jutiewicz mid-season)

Boosh

Grantyy and Granty both online the same days
Boosh is Back and Booshh also online on the same days
Oh dear. You mean when you ban one and I have to make a new one. How did you guess Boosh and Boosh is back were the same person you’re a real genius, please show the posts where they agreed with each other. Thanks

clint van damme

Nope not defending it
I’m asking a genuine question because david enjoys hyperbole
Will people really stop going because they have to move seats?
That’s it really you can make of it what you will but fundamentally I think that’s a crock of shit
I’m pleased I can still afford to go I will have to move from 21 to 31 but that’s just me
The rumours I heard were awful compared to this situation.
I am flabbergasted that genuine supporters will not go because they have to move seats
I understand the anger and frustration I don’t understand the well that’s me done

It's not just about people not going, it's about youngsters not wanting to sit in a sterile family stand and losing the appetite to go. And that will happen to some, 100%, unless it gets going down there. Hopefully it does

David O'Day

It's not just about people not going, it's about youngsters not wanting to sit in a sterile family stand and losing the appetite to go. And that will happen to some, 100%, unless it gets going down there. Hopefully it does
he isn't worth it, he's never going to go against the club

Nick

Administrator
Oh dear. You mean when you ban one and I have to make a new one. How did you guess Boosh and Boosh is back were the same person you’re a real genius, please show the posts where they agreed with each other. Thanks

I mean when you had multiple accounts at the same time.

Happy to discuss it in PM, you can screenshot it if you want when you try to make things up in public. ;)

Boosh

I mean when you had multiple accounts at the same time.

Happy to discuss it in PM, you can screenshot it if you want when you try to make things up in public. ;)
I'm not trying to defend them?

Again, more irony from somebody who needs multiple accounts to agree with themselves.
I need multiple accounts to agree with myself. Please show the times I have had multiple accounts and agreed with myself. It’s not hard

Nick

Administrator
I need multiple accounts to agree with myself. Please show the times I have had multiple accounts and agreed with myself. It’s not hard

Feel free to go through all of the posts from all of your accounts if they are still there.

Ashdown

But then there are stacks of fans who cannot buy tickets in blocks 14-19 where the atmosphere is and are faced with paying £33 each for tickets in said sterile family end…..to then find so many of these seats in noisy corner have been blocked out with kids tickets that are largely empty each game.

Boosh

Feel free to go through all of the posts from all of your accounts if they are still there.

So you don’t have any proof. I guess the real question would be, if people are using multiple accounts why are they not banned. I know of one poster who has at least 2 alternatives and he remains. If you believed I was using multiple accounts why wasn’t I banned? I assume you don’t think I am now?

Sky Blue Harry H

we need replacements ready to go somewhat. In this league the likelyhood is 1m will get us young development players.

we’ve been down this road before in recent years, not getting adequate replacements for our top scorers and assisters… twice - the outcome was the same each time

2000 - Robbie Keane & Gary McAllister
2012 - Marlon King & Aron Gunarsson (Jutiewicz mid-season)

To be fair Bellamy ought to have been able to perform as a decent replacement (I guess that's where finding the right character comes into it). Unfortunately, no guarantees in this business.

ccfcricoh

Seems everyone had their turn ranting about this one...,my turn!

I sit with my 4yo daughter in block 20, with another 5 adults and 3 U14s.

Last season i paid - £360
This year i've got to pay - £720.... double!

Yes we could move, but then we wont be with the people we go with or have become friends with!

If all of us move to Fam Zone club would get £1,450.

If they kept JSB prices at £25, they would get £2,980 as we'd stay. Agree JSB price should increase but £25 to £240 is laughable (just an 860% increase)

If they're doing this to stop misuse of tickets, punishing families isnt the way to go, different colour ticket and get stewards to actually check them...job done

You'll end up with adults sitting in fam zone with no JSBs just to get half price season tickets, spreading the atmosphere out and people still taking the piss, can't see how it adds up from a financial sense and certainly caused some upset!

Nick

Administrator
So you don’t have any proof. I guess the real question would be, if people are using multiple accounts why are they not banned. I know of one poster who has at least 2 alternatives and he remains. If you believed I was using multiple accounts why wasn’t I banned? I assume you don’t think I am now?

You were....

I haven't said you are now hence I used past tense.

clint van damme

But then there are stacks of fans who cannot buy tickets in blocks 14-19 where the atmosphere is and are faced with paying £33 each for tickets in said sterile family end…..to then find so many of these seats in noisy corner have been blocked out with kids tickets that are largely empty each game.

So you're saying kick out current ST holders to accommodate people that don't currently have them!

usskyblue

Obviously my seat isn’t changing..

1683209138584.jpeg

..but looking at what’s happening, there seems to be a few things going on.

A lack of common sense from the club
A lack of understanding fan culture
And an owner who (mistakenly) believes everyone thinks he’s the dogs bollox.

I get the O’Hare video but King’s is a sign of naivety and poor judgment. Yes, he needs to concentrate on revenue but he also has to understand the club is nothing without its fans.

Nick

Administrator
I get the O’Hare video but King’s is a sign of naivety and poor judgment. Yes, he needs to concentrate on revenue but he also has to understand the club is nothing without its fans.

Still keep saying this, it's ill thought out and misjudged. I think the love in for him and his brother / the masks etc have been taken the wrong way.

If it was Robins that did the video, fair enough.

Nick

Administrator
Also, it should be the club offering alternatives and trying to sell them. Rather than somebody pointing out that Hill's dad could move to a different block that's quiet and easy to get to.

They should have said "for those people who had tickets here, these blocks are suitable. If you need easy access, these blocks also".

Making a silly video with him having a shave could have been time better spent.

Macca1987

I understand there are two sides to this argument, thinking of fans and revenue for the club, but I still think these could have came together with a more well thought out alternative.
1. Increase the kids prices in zones outside of the FZ, but to a value which doesn't drive people away, I know people are saying you can move to the FZ, however if everyone with kids moves to the FZ we have swathes of empty seats all along from 14-24, now I don't think we can call it that we will have a whole raft of new supporters coming in to take these seats up, so in fact we could end up with less revenue
2. Increase the Premium area, but think about the 60-65 brigade, they have most probably been following City all their lives and to change that senior concession in one fell swoop will put some people off coming, I know many have said well move from 19-21, but even that then takes a 60-65 person from £276 last year to £400 this year a 44.5% increase
As I said, all for increases (and across the board) but some people, families with kids and last years seniors 60-65 seem to be leant on more

Johnnythespider

One thing all this talk of moving from one corner to the other has shown me is the only fans moving should be the away fans, our support could then carry on around singers corner and behind that goal to toddlers corner where the away fans are now. Problem solved

pusbccfc

Still keep saying this, it's ill thought out and misjudged. I think the love in for him and his brother / the masks etc have been taken the wrong way.

If it was Robins that did the video, fair enough.

I think it proves that the view from on here Nick does not match the view on the terraces.

As I've said, people will sing the song as they have done at every game.

While there's a chunk who already have their doubts with him because of the season tickets, plenty love his transparency and vision. More than anything, they love the fact it's someone other than SISU.

For all that found it weird, there were plenty who loved the video and found it funny. It's clearly a laugh and joke. For those affected by the ST changes, they obviously won't see it that way.

The responses to the video of him singing Coventry songs on the terraces Saturday was very much a case of being happy to have someone own the club who takes a genuine interest.

skybluestub

I understand the rationale for the increases, to be honest, I'm surprised the jump more generally isn't higher.

We currently sit in the FZ and the offer for next season is extremely good value. Before the ST announcement, we were contemplating moving round but financially it's a no brainer for us to stay put. In one way, I hope that people bring some of the atmosphere with them, the last 3/4 home games have been like sitting in a different block, much more vocal.

I do think that a flat rate U14/U18 fee should be imposed irrespective of the stand. Perhaps a small increase away from the family zone - but £150/£200 more is stomach churning. I know in doing that they still run the risk of the U14/18 tickets being abused but someone mentioned earlier different coloured/design season ticket cards - simple but effective idea that would reduce the need for as many ticketing checks.

The 60+ being adjusted to 65+ is poor, but for existing ST holders, they should just honour them at concession rates

I guess there are a number of factors; revenue, safeguarding, cut down on people getting in on the cheap etc. I just hope that it doesn't turn too many people away.

SBT

The responses to the video of him singing Coventry songs on the terraces Saturday was very much a case of being happy to have someone own the club who takes a genuine interest.
He’s not the first owner to cosplay at being a fan - it always ends in tears and it’s a shame that our fans are falling for the same old shit.

I can see why King suddenly thinks he’s everyone’s favourite bloke, when fans are singing his name louder than they do for the players and begging him to join the lap of honour etc, but really he should know better. I can only hope and assume he’s more self-aware in the other parts of his business dealings.

Users who are viewing this thread