Season tickets details (4 Viewers)

long way home

He will never please everyone but its his1st go at pricing ST and threw it out there and has reacted to concerns. For that ill give him credit and until he gives me reason to doubt his intentions i will want him to succeed.

In my opinion he has done the right thing that not many in the past would of done. Now lets get on with Monday and focus on getting in the play offs and enjoying being a fan.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

In a part of the ground nobody wants to sit in.

But the original point I kept making was that there was an option there if you couldn't afford it. It's not like people were priced out the ground like at other clubs.

Anyway, it's hopefully resolved for people and the city and wider area get buying because there are options for all budgets. We should be aiming for 15k.

Sky Blue Pete

Why did it have to happen like this though Pete? If supporter reps like yourself have supposedly been advocating for us through the whole process, why is it that Doug King seems to have been totally blindsided by the response?
He wasn’t listening to his colleagues let alone us
Gimoc and david were connected to the fan base better than me in their thoughts
I’d like to think some of our influencing has worked
He is his own man and will make mistakes if he doesn’t listen to people that know a little more than him and a lot more than me he will make more and bigger mistakes
That said as grendel has mentioned the business side of the club is stuck in league 2

Johnnythespider

Will he actually make more revenue by opening the 3 blocks and restricting the size the FZ can be, seems many were going to take advantage of the low priced adult ticket and get one for little johnny down the road, while having no intention of taking him to the games.

Nick

Administrator
Will he actually make more revenue by opening the 3 blocks and restricting the size the FZ can be, seems many were going to take advantage of the low priced adult ticket and get one for little johnny down the road, while having no intention of taking him to the games.
I still think the family zone will be extended if needs be.

Reactions: AOM

pusbccfc

I thought that. The family zone has been limited to three blocks now. That's a shame if the demand is higher.

rob9872

The marginal difference is £295 to £480 so considerably more than £40.
Where is that figure? Or do you mean last year to this year?

The £40 is the difference in concession v full price so either £360 to £400 or £440 to £480. You're not getting one at £295 this year if you're 65 or 105.

SBT

He is his own man and will make mistakes if he doesn’t listen to people that know a little more than him and a lot more than me he will make more and bigger mistakes
That said as grendel has mentioned the business side of the club is stuck in league 2
Well I don’t mean this as a dig at you or anyone specific, before anyone gets upset. But I can’t help but feel that more effective and more pro-active fan representation might have prevented it from being played out in public like this. That would surely have been a preferable outcome both for the supporters and the club. Saying “Doug wouldn’t listen” presumably isn’t an excuse going forward now we’ve seen him fold within 48 hours…

Liquid Gold

I think I've found a way to squeeze an extra year out of my NUS meaning I've knocked £40 off to get back to concessions.

Still don't know if I can justify the extra £84x2 on last years cost.

Note to everybody, don't be poor and attempt to get married in a cost of living crisis.

Old Warwickshire lad

I don’t blame the club for the increase in kids prices.
I blame the so called fans who have been using kids tickets all season.
And before the culprits come out shouting the odds, you can go **** yourselves.

oldfiver

Why did it have to happen like this though Pete? If supporter reps like yourself have supposedly been advocating for us through the whole process, why is it that Doug King seems to have been totally blindsided by the response?
Because he thinks he knows all about dealing with football fans. We are a commodity!

David O'Day

it's not about connection it's just seeing that "pay loads more or move" is a hard sell in a time when loads of people are skint

rob9872

I don’t blame the club for the increase in kids prices.
I blame the so called fans who have been using kids tickets all season.
And before the culprits come out shouting the odds, you can go **** yourselves.
That's bollocks though, just another example of living in a society where the few spoil it for the many and where we all pay because people aren't accountable. Punish the perpetrators rather than all. It's a simple solution, blue cards for adult, red for concession, green for kids. The challenge can be made outside and if you look borderline then be prepared to have id proving your age or student/armed forces card etc.

Sky Blue Pete

Well I don’t mean this as a dig at you or anyone specific, before anyone gets upset. But I can’t help but feel that more effective and more pro-active fan representation might have prevented it from being played out in public like this. That would surely have been a preferable outcome both for the supporters and the club. Saying “Doug wouldn’t listen” presumably isn’t an excuse going forward now we’ve seen him fold within 48 hours…
I Don’t take it personally
Decisions and discussions are had and taken by those in the room
As I say he’s not listened to football people so I don’t think any effectiveness or proactiveness comes into it

Greggs

I think I've found a way to squeeze an extra year out of my NUS meaning I've knocked £40 off to get back to concessions.

Still don't know if I can justify the extra £84x2 on last years cost.

Note to everybody, don't be poor and attempt to get married in a cost of living crisis.
or when you're still at college

Johnnythespider

Because we've all been telling him we're into something good

Macca1987

Does anybody know if the ticket office is open tomorrow, thought I could do my batch of Premier League packages online, but it's messing one up so I need to go to the CBS

Greggs

So, our seats from last year are reserved? When do normal season tickets go on sale........and the people gambling on the £500 quid game - they can't nick our seats can they?

SBT

I Don’t take it personally
Decisions and discussions are had and taken by those in the room
As I say he’s not listened to football people so I don’t think any effectiveness or proactiveness comes into it
Personally I think it’s worth someone - I don’t know who - making sure that our voice is being heard, whether we’re in the room or not. If you want to let him have the excuse that he’s new to this, then that’s fine, but it should be a one-time thing. The focus now should be on ramming home the idea with DK that listening to us on this shouldn’t be an optional extra.

fernandopartridge

Why don't they engage / consult with supporters' groups first before releasing this sort of thing? It's quite embarrassing really.

Nick

Administrator
Personally I think it’s worth someone - I don’t know who - making sure that our voice is being heard, whether we’re in the room or not. If you want to let him have the excuse that he’s new to this, then that’s fine, but it should be a one-time thing. The focus now should be on ramming home the idea with DK that listening to us on this shouldn’t be an optional extra.
King said yesterday that even people at the club said it would be taken as it was and it was on him.

It could have been a master stroke in that he knew and would be shown as listening to the fans when changing it but still implementing a rise. Who knows.

Last edited:

SAJ

The £40 is the difference in concession v full price so either £360 to £400 or £440 to £480. You're not getting one at £295 this year if you're 65 or 105.

Yes last years price to this years price.

Users who are viewing this thread