Season Ticket Sales (1 Viewer)

Astute

I love the big crowds. The atmosphere comes with it. I hate the queues on the games where we have big crowds. So I love/hate them.

I don't like the games where not many of us are there. But it is great when you don't have to queue for anything. So I hate/love them.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I'm a sad git. I don't drink and am nearly always in the ground by about 2.15. Just sit in my seat and listen to the pre-match on CWR.

I occasionally do this too if the lunchtime games not great.

Bit sad really watching 40 blokes in bibs stretching & listening to the same pre match songs for the last decade!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I love the big crowds. The atmosphere comes with it. I hate the queues on the games where we have big crowds. So I love/hate them.

I don't like the games where not many of us are there. But it is great when you don't have to queue for anything. So I hate/love them.

I do too was being a bit tounge in cheek before.

Big crowds always are proof how many people can't read tickets & block signs though! How are people THAT thick!

Terry Gibson's perm

I think it is what you get used as well if the crowds got bigger we would all make changes like leaving earlier, although I like the space if the ground was full (apart from the seat next to me) it would be great as the team would be successful and I am sure it is easier to follow a team that is winning.

There would be a lot of tears of happiness if we ever got promoted as I have never even seen us finish in the top 6 since I started going in 83

Ashdown

I couldn't believe the Yeovil game, ridiculous queues for a crappy little crowd like that, missed the first goal because of it !

armybike

"Coventry City fans 'coming back' for the 2015/16 season with over 25% new season ticket holders

====

Season ticket statistics reveal over 670 people are either first-time buyers or have 'come back' for the 2015/16 League One season...
Sky Blues Supporters are 'coming back' to Coventry City for the 2015/16 League One season - latest season ticket figures reveal.

The club have been delighted with the response to the early bird season ticket rate, which sees adults priced at £249, having already sold over 2600 season tickets.

That figure puts the Sky Blues ahead of schedule but a deeper look into the statistics shows that over 25% of sales are to new season ticket holders!"

More here - www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/new-season-ticket-holders-coventry-city-league-one-2500528.aspx

Flying Fokker

I'm not sure about the claims. I know of 12 season ticket holders who had tickets in 2013/14 at the Ricoh and also last season:

2 of them did not take up season tickets last season and will not be taking them up this season either. Nopm.

2 Were in block 32 and will not be renewing after last seasons disaster.

I had 2 tickets as well. Not going up next season.... NOPM? Not really although, if I need and excuse I think SISU need to go.

2 sitting in front of me in block 20. Who I saw recently and said they were not going this season.

2 who have already committed to a ticket.

2 undecided.

This is a low sample but if taken as a straw poll then there is a big drop. Probably at least 25% down on last season. It is smoke and mirrors so that more of the waiverers will go up and commit. My deadline day is 26th June...After that I will definitely not be bothering with a ST...Until SISU prove they have themselves committed to putting a winning team. They owe me for last season and in my case I'm keeping my money in my pocket instead of gifting it to SISU.

chiefdave

I'm not sure about the claims.

Doesn't what you are saying make it more likely the clubs statement is correct? If a lot of people aren't renewing the % of sales to new season ticket holders will be higher won't it? If everyone had renewed then the 670 new season ticket holders would make up a much smaller %

Nutt89

Bought my season ticket online today after a few years without 1 hoping this will be a good decision!!! Looking forward to the season now hoping for some half,decent signings soon!!! A man can dream can't he!!! PUSB

edgy

I know of 3 new season ticket holders. People I talk to seem genuinely interested purely because of prices.

J

Jack Griffin

That story means little unless you also know how many haven't yet renewed.. maybe we can work that out.

For instance if there were 4000 ST holders last year and 670 of 2600 (so far) this year didn't have a ticket last year then surely there are nearly 2000 that haven't yet renewed.

Grendel

That story means little unless you also know how many haven't yet renewed.. maybe we can work that out.

For instance if there were 4000 ST holders last year and 670 of 2600 (so far) this year didn't have a ticket last year then surely there are nearly 2000 that haven't yet renewed.

Why is it that you only ever now post to speculate how few season tickets have been sold?

Are you that desperate for the club to fail?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

...if what JG states is actually true, then he does have a point. It doesn't mean he wants the club to fail because he's pessimistic.

Flying Fokker

Doesn't what you are saying make it more likely the clubs statement is correct? If a lot of people aren't renewing the % of sales to new season ticket holders will be higher won't it? If everyone had renewed then the 670 new season ticket holders would make up a much smaller %

Spot on there. Didn't even think about that. This is real spin from City.

WestEndAgro

We need sucess to make us a vaiable purchase, remember Fisher saying you don't sell at the bottom of a cycle, buy your season tickets fellas get us promoted and let SISU ride off into the night.

Astute

Better still, buy one new season ticket and get a free Tim Fisher t-shirt. Buy 2 new season tickets and get no free Tim Fisher t-shirts.

If I buy 10 season tickets would he go?

Ashdown

In short, I think they are struggling for sales, 2600 so far is fuck all. It's a shame but folk need to see some evidence of a team going together that will actually challenge at this low level, I don't blame them after we barely scored a goal a game at home last year. TM is a great signing for CCFC but he isn't going to be actually kicking that bag of wind !?

letsallsingtogether

Got to be honest but I am not renewing mine.
Don't care who they sign or how they play..........

Mind you I will still be there most games:)

mighty quinn

Waiting to renew season ticket. After last season's shocker.will only be encouraged by improving on the lack of quality. I'm still waiting.

Astute

Waiting to renew season ticket. After last season's shocker.will only be encouraged by improving on the lack of quality. I'm still waiting.

They have improved the squad. They let a fair few go.

stupot07

"I'm not renewing because it's too expensive.........oh er......I'm not renewing until we show our intent by securing TM.........oh er...........I'm not renewing until we sign some players.......oh er......I meant I'm not renewing until we sign some players I've actually heard of....."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

matesx

I keep mentioning it but it would be interesting if they informed us how many match packages have been sold alongside season tickets.

Would give us the bigger picture.

Otis

"I'm not renewing because it's too expensive.........oh er......I'm not renewing until we show our intent by securing TM.........oh er...........I'm not renewing until we sign some players.......oh er......I meant I'm not renewing until we sign some players I've actually heard of....."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Lats season my season ticket was £357. This season it is £249. Where's the gamble?

I know people say they are waiting, but waiting for what? If we sign 5 players very few of us have heard of (very likely), then how is that going to influence anyone's decision?

Just doesn't make sense to me. We will only know how good a squad TM has assembled when we take to the pitch and the season is a few games in. Are you going to buy a season ticket then? I would suggest not, after 3 home games or so have whizzed by.

Regis87

My dad and his 3 friends all in there 70s that have been season ticket holders since the 60s have decided that they are not renewing this year !
I also know of 6 other friends not renewing and will pick and choose games so not looking good .
Sisu you are losing customers rapidly with this failing business !

maybe Timmy should try phoning the fans up again to see why they are not renewing !

Users who are viewing this thread