Season Ticket Sales (3 Viewers)

Astute

Won't we have more chance of success if we sell a lot more season tickets?

We have been treated badly, but if we continue to think we will always get treated badly and nothing will ever change, then there is no point.

Seems the club are at last trying to do some things right. Can we not try and offer some sort of olive branch in return?

A bit like the battered wife syndrome.

At first she stays because she knows he will change. Then she stays because she thinks he will change. Then she stays because she hopes he will change. Then she stays because it feels normal. Then she stays because she is scared to leave.

Kingokings204

I bet you can. I think even at £100 a ST we wouldn't get past 8k in sales.

How many people on here have said they have a spare ticket for a given match and can't even give them away? I'm sure even nick said so. That's sad to me.

Ashdown

Reducing prices by 30% and appointing a championship standard manager and his back room squad aren't olive branches?

It's not just the ticket price though is it, it's the whole cost of the day and the fact that by signing up to an ST you are supposedly committing to excluding all other interests that may clash with the City matches.

Terry Gibson's perm

I don't think the price at £249 is cheap it is cheaper than we are used to yes, the standard we now have to suffer doesn't allow the club to get away with charging £350 and if they could get away with it they would be.

I have bought my season ticket as I felt rightly or wrongly that our disgusting owners are going nowhere but why should they stop me going to see people I enjoy spending time with, I go now to see friends and get away from the kids as much as the football.

There are lots of things the owners could do to get the fans back onside but most cost money and the owners are showing that is something they want to do as little as possible.

i hope the club get to its 6k target but it looks a long shot at the moment (something we don't see much from the players;))

stupot07

£249 isn't cheap? For 23 games and priority sale for cup games? £10.83 per game? I take my grandad £191/£8.30 pg, and 2 JSB's £41 (inc JSB membership) £1.78 pg. other than Bradford I doubt there are many if any with ST's as cheap as us in league two let alone league one.

Aldershot in the conference finished around the same place we did last season is £322 / £14 pg. http://www.theshots.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/

Gateshead early bird price is £280/£12.17 pg http://www.gateshead-fc.com/tickets

Halifax £319, /£13.87pg http://www.halifaxafc.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/

3 conference teams picked at random all with higher ST prices than us..

Bloody woe-is-me attitude if people are complaining of prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

£249 isn't cheap? For 23 games and priority sale for cup games? £10.83 per game? I take my grandad £191/£8.30 pg, and 2 JSB's £41 (inc JSB membership) £1.78 pg. other than Bradford I doubt there are many if any with ST's as cheap as us in league two let along league one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I think Fleetwood and Bradford are the only teams cheaper than us

SkyBlue_Bear83

Milwall, Oldham, Sheffield United, Chesterfield, Shrewsbury, Barnsley, Swindon, Southend and Peterborough all charge £350+ for there cheapest season ticket

Astute

No and I think it is because our support is pathetic.

Pathetic is our clubs record. We have had nearly 30 years of mainly relegation battles since we had a good season. And before that we had another 20 years of mainly relegation battles. No top 6 finish in nearly 50 years. We are now in the old division 3. We have clubs like Chesterfield and Shrewsbury at shorter odds to get promoted. Our club has been on a gradual decline since Richardson took over. We are now homeless. We don't trust those running our club. This is just a quick look at the time the vast majority of us remember.

When you consider it 8k a game isn't bad.

Terry Gibson's perm

£249 isn't cheap? For 23 games and priority sale for cup games? £10.83 per game? I take my grandad £191/£8.30 pg, and 2 JSB's £41 (inc JSB membership) £1.78 pg. other than Bradford I doubt there are many if any with ST's as cheap as us in league two let along league one.

What I am trying to say that it wasn't worth £350 and the new price is about what it should be but that doesn't make it cheap it makes it near to correct.

i would love to see less people getting in for free as well I have two friends who haven't bought a home ticket for many years because one of their dads has a loose connection with the club.

bradwellskyblues

i dont think price is a major issue but we are now in a situation were many fans are waiting for positive on field activity ,the club must realise that a couple of good signings would make all the difference

Grendel

I don't think the price at £249 is cheap it is cheaper than we are used to yes, the standard we now have to suffer doesn't allow the club to get away with charging £350 and if they could get away with it they would be.

I have bought my season ticket as I felt rightly or wrongly that our disgusting owners are going nowhere but why should they stop me going to see people I enjoy spending time with, I go now to see friends and get away from the kids as much as the football.

There are lots of things the owners could do to get the fans back onside but most cost money and the owners are showing that is something they want to do as little as possible.

i hope the club get to its 6k target but it looks a long shot at the moment (something we don't see much from the players;))

Not cheap? What planet are you on?

It's £19 more expensive than Nuneaton Town.

stupot07

i dont think price is a major issue but we are now in a situation were many fans are waiting for positive on field activity ,the club must realise that a couple of good signings would make all the difference

Define 'good signings'? We were jacking off over Jackson because he's played in the PL, and wondered who the hell Samuel was when we signed him. It's very likely we'll sign players who we'll have heard and know little about.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Pathetic is our clubs record. We have had nearly 30 years of mainly relegation battles since we had a good season. And before that we had another 20 years of mainly relegation battles. No top 6 finish in nearly 50 years. We are now in the old division 3. We have clubs like Chesterfield and Shrewsbury at shorter odds to get promoted. Our club has been on a gradual decline since Richardson took over. We are now homeless. We don't trust those running our club. This is just a quick look at the time the vast majority of us remember.

Oh fuck off with your complaining about relegation battles, as someone who has only been supporting for the last 11 years I'd give my left testicle to see us battling relegation in the top flight vs top teams every week.

stupot07

Oh fuck off with your complaining about relegation battles, as someone who has only been supporting for the last 11 years I'd give my left testicle to see us battling relegation in the top flight vs top teams every week.

We loved the relegation battles back in the day, revelled in the great escapes, "if the titantic was painted sky blue....", etc.

SkyBlue_Bear83

No it's an average price for non league football. You are not being realistic in your pricing.

Thing is when people complain about the price is its all relative. If Barnsley can get similar attendances whilst charging nearly £400 for the cheapest ticket it tells you there is something seriously wrong with the people of Coventry.

Grendel

Out of interest as I can't be bothered to argue how much do you think a season ticket is with then?

I think a price of around £300 is very competitive in this league.

After all so many on here say we have a premier league stadium which must add some value compared to cabbage patch grounds.

Kingokings204

Exactly how I feel. 8k attendances are bloody good for all of the above imo.

Ashdown

You've said before you are not very old, you are fired up with passion and frustration and devout loyalty and fair play to you for that. So was I 20 years ago, I would have been sounding off just the same but times change and priorities change. From 1977- 2011 I went to 30 games a season on average inc. 20 consecutive ST's plus tickets for my kids. The game itself is different now and the supporters have become less important down to alternative revenues at the higher levels, the teams at the top now will stay at the top largely down to increased parachute payments.
We need investors, a consortium or individual who is prepared to throw money away or use us as a marketing tool like LCFC, without that we are dead in the water with little hope for the future. What sort of quality can we expect for a £2.5 million budget ?

Terry Gibson's perm

I think a price of around £300 is very competitive in this league.

After all so many on here say we have a premier league stadium which must add some value compared to cabbage patch grounds.

But its not about being competive with the rest of the league as nobody is going to move clubs over price. It is more about competing with other things to do in the local area, for example with London Wasps how much are their season tickets (I don't even know if they are released as zero interest in them and wish they would clear off).

how much will we be able to charge in the joy bowl as that will be nearer to cabbage patch than premier league?

Grendel

Exactly how I feel. 8k attendances are bloody good for all of the above imo.

Most clubs fans would have wanted those relegation battles and 35 years in the top flight.

The attendances are a joke.

Astute

Who said that I am complaining? As usual you look for the worse in what I say. Success brings in the crowds. We have had nothing to bring them in for many years. Yet some question why our crowds are lower than a club that has had top 6 finishes and promotions whilst their season tickets are just over half the price of ours.

Our prices are reasonable. But they are not dirt cheap just because a few named clubs charge too much.

SkyBlue_Bear83

But its not about being competive with the rest of the league as nobody is going to move clubs over price. It is more about competing with other things to do in the local area, for example with London Wasps how much are their season tickets (I don't even know if they are released as zero interest in them and wish they would clear off).

how much will we be able to charge in the joy bowl as that will be nearer to cabbage patch than premier league?
An adult season ticket from Wasps ranges from £195 to £499, for this you get 14 games so works out between £14-£36 a game.

Terry Gibson's perm

Most clubs fans would have wanted those relegation battles and 35 years in the top flight.

The attendances are a joke.

Agree on point 1,

The attendances are not great but thinking back even to hr our attendances were sometimes low I am sure I can remember going to lots of games under 10k and that was in the top league, we all seem to remember the crowd for the last game at hr but that wasn't the norm.

Terry Gibson's perm

An adult season ticket from Wasps ranges from £195 to £499, for this you get 14 games so works out between £14-£36 a game.

Thank you for the info, but the top league of its sport and are they one of the better sides? I may seem ignorant of our landlords but cannot stand rugby and have no knowledge of it.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Who said that I am complaining? As usual you look for the worse in what I say. Success brings in the crowds. We have had nothing to bring them in for many years. Yet some question why our crowds are lower than a club that has had top 6 finishes and promotions whilst their season tickets are just over half the price of ours.

Our prices are reasonable. But they are not dirt cheap just because a few named clubs charge too much.

Nothing to do with Bradford just posting it as an example

Prices are relative, I would question why Barnsley can have the same attendances as us despite charging much more than us and coming off the back of a relegation. Our prices are better than reasonable.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Agree on point 1,

The attendances are not great but thinking back even to hr our attendances were sometimes low I am sure I can remember going to lots of games under 10k and that was in the top league, we all seem to remember the crowd for the last game at hr but that wasn't the norm.

Maybe we're just sinking back to our natural level then after years of punching about our weight, this is where we belong. At least that is what our attendances reflect at the moment, that this is our natural level.

Astute

Nothing to do with Bradford just posting it as an example

Prices are relative, I would question why Barnsley can have the same attendances as us despite charging much more than us and coming off the back of a relegation. Our prices are better than reasonable.

How about not ignoring the fact that we haven't had a top 6 finish in nearly 50 years? You say that you would mutilate yourself just to have relegation battles. Shows how much it does affect us.

Users who are viewing this thread