Season Ticket Sales (3 Viewers)

Otis

They have cut the prices dramatically. What else should they do (besides sell up of course)?

rupert_bear

2600 sales at these reduced prices is poor. Most regular fans i talk to are going to go on a match by match basis.If they are struggling to sell at these attractive reduced prices what do they expect when the prices go up. A lot just will not put their money in advance into the SISU pocket. Simply don't trust them and too many broken promises i'm afraid. Not that sure if not signing any players yet is a reason but a marquee signing maybe would spur some to buy but not that many. Last years catstrophies, selling stars, replacing them with dross, Pressley, the joke home form, some of the worst performances i have ever seen match after match and the residue of the Northampton debacle have taken it's toll. Will take a lot of getting back.

Otis

2600 sales at these reduced prices is poor. Most regular fans i talk to are going to go on a match by match basis.If they are struggling to sell at these attractive reduced prices what do they expect when the prices go up. A lot just will not put their money in advance into the SISU pocket. Simply don't trust them and too many broken promises i'm afraid. Not that sure if not signing any players yet is a reason but a marquee signing maybe would spur some to buy but not that many. Last years catstrophies, selling stars, replacing them with dross, Pressley, the joke home form, some of the worst performances i have ever seen match after match and the residue of the Northampton debacle have taken it's toll. Will take a lot of getting back.

I just think we need to look at this with a clean slate. We now have a manager pretty much all of us are really happy with. The club at last are starting to do more positive things (gauging fans' views to make the match day experience better etc.).

We really need to bite the bullet, back the manager and the team and help get this club out of this division and heading in the right direction.

If we continue to bear grudges then the club will continue to flounder.

ccfc92

I think the best thing they could do, is scrap early/late bird. Just a fixed price all summer, and people will have no excuses. For example, if they don't have enough money this month, they can save up for another 2 months.

Flying Fokker

Lats season my season ticket was £357. This season it is £249. Where's the gamble?

I know people say they are waiting, but waiting for what? If we sign 5 players very few of us have heard of (very likely), then how is that going to influence anyone's decision?

Just doesn't make sense to me. We will only know how good a squad TM has assembled when we oake to the pitch and the season is a few games in. Are you going to buy a season ticket then? I would suggest not, after 3 home games or so have whizzed by.

I do remember last season when I was left scratching my head and wondering what made me buy the season ticket? Impulse, optimism, trust, rational thought? I think you can circle the first three and delete the rational thought one.

Uneasy feeling about spending my money this season. Expecting SISU to mess the fans around again and many people no longer buy in to their spin or can't stomach what they have done to our club. If we have success with SISU the fans will not be thanking them. Time for them to go. They need new PR people who can show the fans that there is somehow a break away from SISU.

standupforcity

I just think we need to look at this with a clean slate. We now have a manager pretty much all of us are really happy with. The club at last are starting to do more positive things (gauging fans' views to make the match day experience better etc.).

We really need to bite the bullet, back the manager and the team and help get this club out of this division and heading in the right direction.

If we continue to bear grudges then the club will continue to flounder.

Completely agree. It's hard to believe sometimes, the turn around that's happened since TM arrived on the scene. I feel like I support a proper football club again, and I'm very optimistic about the season. How great it would be to see a huge crowd there for the Wigan game...that's the part we can play to get us off to a good start. The feelgood factor is so important. Can't imagine why anyone who calls themselves a fan, would hesitate to buy a season ticket again....

Terry Gibson's perm

I think the best thing they could do, is scrap early/late bird. Just a fixed price all summer, and people will have no excuses. For example, if they don't have enough money this month, they can save up for another 2 months.

I agree they should extend it until the start of the season, no benefit to me as I have mine but there will be people who are trying to scrape the money together and might miss it by a few days and then still be missing it as the price has gone up.

Kingokings204

I think "wiping the slate clean" is such a folly thing to say. Didn't we all wipe the slate clean when we went back to the Ricoh?

Did we all wipe the slate clean when we were relegated again 3 years ago?

I have personally got that many slates under my belt with ccfc I could retile my roof.

End of the day city fans including all of us on here have been treated worse than possibly any other football league team or certainly bottom 3 (relegation zone again) and we should wipe the slate clean? Doesn't work like that. Will Newcastle fans wipe the slate clean with Ashley? Will Blackpool fans wipe the slate clean with oysten? No and city fans won't wipe the slate clean with sisu. Or the majority won't I would say. 2600 st is shocking in my opinion and shows just where we are.

The key to driving up numbers are two fold. Firstly success and if we were top at Christmas would be be getting much higher attendances.... Yes.

Also sisu selling up would of doubled the season tickets at this point already at the same prices no doubts.

Price doesn't really come into it. It does to an extent but look 25% saving and less people are signing up. I would quite happily pay £45 a match ticket if it was PL football. The point is the standard and quality. Also people who have work if it was playing United on a Saturday I bet people would change it best they could to go but playing fleetwood town isn't a blockbuster.

In short it's years of failure and broken promises selling best players etc not the price or work or other excuses.

Last edited:

standupforcity

I think "wiping the slate clean" is such a folly thing to say. Didn't we all wipe the slate clean when we went back to the Ricoh?

I have personally got that many slates under my belt with ccfc I could retile my roof.

End of the day city fans including all of us on here have been treated worse than possibly any other football league team or certainly bottom 3 (relegation zone again) and we should wipe the slate clean? Doesn't work like that. Will Newcastle fans wipe the slate clean with Ashley? Will Blackpool fans wipe the slate clean with oysten? No and city fans won't wipe the slate clean with sisu. Or the majority won't I would say. 2600 st is shocking in my opinion and shows just where we are.

The key to driving up numbers are two fold. Firstly success and if we were top at Christmas would be be getting much higher attendances.... Yes.

Also sisu selling up would of doubled the season tickets at this point already at the same prices no doubts.

Price doesn't really come into it. It does to an extent but look 25% saving and less people are signing up. I would quite happily pay £45 a match ticket if it was PL football. The point is the standard and quality. Also people who have work if it was playing United on a Saturday I bet people would change it best they could to go but playing fleetwood town isn't a blockbuster.

In short it's years of failure and broken promises selling best players etc not the price or work or other excuses.

Sounds like you're hanging on to a lot of stuff. Think what Otis means is....don't hang on to a lot of stuff!!!

Wheelfass

In my opinion that is an excellent post and sums up the situation exactly. Well said.

rupert_bear

Spot on. In a way i liken where we are now to the beginning of the Jimmy Hill days, gates didn't rise that much until the summer of 1962 when JH spent the £30000 gift from Derrick Robins on a brand new forward line and first home match v Notts County 22000 turned up and it went from there. In other words they (CCFC) showed investment and commitment, the fans responded. I think fans will go, i also think gates will rise if as i expect us to improve, but fans have also been bitten too many times and this is a different era to 50 years ago, lot more distractions and alternatives nowadays.
i

Otis

Won't we have more chance of success if we sell a lot more season tickets?

We have been treated badly, but if we continue to think we will always get treated badly and nothing will ever change, then there is no point.

Seems the club are at last trying to do some things right. Can we not try and offer some sort of olive branch in return?

standupforcity

Spot on. In a way i liken where we are now to the beginning of the Jimmy Hill days, gates didn't rise that much until the summer of 1962 when JH spent the £30000 gift from Derrick Robins on a brand new forward line and first home match v Notts County 22000 turned up and it went from there. In other words they (CCFC) showed investment and commitment, the fans responded. I think fans will go, i also think gates will rise if as i expect us to improve, but fans have also been bitten too many times and this is a different era to 50 years ago, lot more distractions and alternatives nowadays.
i

Are you suggesting TM is not an investment?

italiahorse

To be honest if you bought a season ticket (like me) you are making a leap of faith.
If you look at the facts in regards Sisu are pursuing court action against all the people that can help provide a long term venue for CCFC.
In addition the prospect of attending matches in a L1 stadium outside Coventry makes me wonder whether I will be attending in the future.
I have to believe that we will sort something out at the Ricoh that suits all parties concerned.
I know a lot of friends have moved on and I can't believe how little it bothers them.

Last edited:

Wheelfass

Won't we have more chance of success if we sell a lot more season tickets?

We have been treated badly, but if we continue to think we will always get treated badly and nothing will ever change, then there is no point.

Seems the club are at last trying to do some things right. Can we not try and offer some sort of olive branch in return?
We base our decisions on our experiences. Yes we have been treated badly so we react to that behaviour with our decisions. Thus the olive branch needs to be passed from the clubs owners to the fans and NOT the other way around.

standupforcity

We base our decisions on our experiences. Yes we have been treated badly so we react to that behaviour with our decisions. Thus the olive branch needs to be passed from the clubs owners to the fans and NOT the other way around.

We could die waiting for that! In the meantime I'm gonna get on with looking forward to the football and not worry about sisu's shortcomings. Not gonna let them rent any space in my head!

Grendel

Reducing prices by 30% and appointing a championship standard manager and his back room squad aren't olive branches?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Is the olive branch not a massive reduction in prices? Yet some people are still turning their noses up at it.

Grendel

We could sign Bale and Suarez and people would moan we didn't sign Messi and Ronaldo.

Just your typical CCFC haters.

Mowbray has clearly bought into the strategy. He has himself said that supporters need to back the club. Now isn't the time for turning to page 187 of the ccfc book of excuses to justify apathy and stay at home reasoning.

Kingokings204

Oh don't get me wrong with my post. Of course I still think we should all still back the team and appointing mowbray is a great move which no one can deny.

We as city fans live in hope every year will be the year and one year it will be. I personally haven't bought a season ticket but I'm not ashamed to admit it but will be going to the customary 10 or so away games and 10 or so home games around my commitments and other stuff.

I love city with all my heart like we all do and nothing would please me more than getting promoted even to the championship and even with sisu in charge. I dislike sisu with a passion on how they have try to deal in a business they haven't got a clue about. But owners are owners and this is football.

When we score it's still great and when we lose it still ruins my weekend but that's how it should be and when that stops is when you have moved on.

I personally want us to succeed and just highlighting the 2 key issues to such a poor turn out. I think someone said it about Northampton that you may as well have charged 500 a season ticket as those going would go anyway and I think the same a bit is true here this season.

Here is one for you to think about which I'm trying to work out still. Say we were joint lowest season tickets in the league with Bradford at £149 a ST which is almost a give away and another £100 cheaper would numbers have increased that much? I highly doubt it myself

Flying Fokker

In my opinion that is an excellent post and sums up the situation exactly. Well said.

He lost me on the £45...I'm not going to pay that for any match so am more likely to buy a season ticket if City ever does a Swansea city or Bournemouth rise to the top.

Lord_Nampil

Between 2600-3000

I know people are saying shows were struggling, but to me thats pretty good! Before Early Bird is finished i think you'll see that turn to nearer 5k and by August it will be over the 6K they wanted! Mainly down to the fact we will have signings and TM will make statements we all buy into also new kit will help!

i know others differ but thats what i think

SkyBlue_Bear83

Here is one for you to think about which I'm trying to work out still. Say we were joint lowest season tickets in the league with Bradford at £149 a ST which is almost a give away and another £100 cheaper would numbers have increased that much? I highly doubt it myself

Which shows up how pathetic our supporters are, Bradford are targeting 15k+ sales and already have sold 12k.

Flying Fokker

Oh don't get me wrong with my post. Of course I still think we should all still back the team and appointing mowbray is a great move which no one can deny.

We as city fans live in hope every year will be the year and one year it will be. I personally haven't bought a season ticket but I'm not ashamed to admit it but will be going to the customary 10 or so away games and 10 or so home games around my commitments and other stuff.

I love city with all my heart like we all do and nothing would please me more than getting promoted even to the championship and even with sisu in charge. I dislike sisu with a passion on how they have try to deal in a business they haven't got a clue about. But owners are owners and this is football.

When we score it's still great and when we lose it still ruins my weekend but that's how it should be and when that stops is when you have moved on.

I personally want us to succeed and just highlighting the 2 key issues to such a poor turn out. I think someone said it about Northampton that you may as well have charged 500 a season ticket as those going would go anyway and I think the same a bit is true here this season.

Hmm, money talks. It would depend on matchday costs?

Kingokings204

Which shows up how pathetic our supporters are, Bradford are targeting 15k+ sales and already have sold 12k.

Do you think we would of sold 12k plus for this season at £149 ccfc? And if not can I ask why don't you think so?

Grendel

Do you think we would of sold 12k plus for this season at £149 ccfc?

Despite your assertion that money doesn't matter I can point you to numerous threads where fans have whined about cost. Now the price is reduced the book of excuses volume 2 is out;

"No monthly payment plan"
"I wanted to buy in July but the bastards have put the prices up"
"Match day prices should be a tenner"

If the market has no price elasticity it should jack them back to £400.

Fans can't have it all ways. They can't bleat about lack of investment but be part of the problem by not purchasing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread