Season Ticket Sales (1 Viewer)

pastythegreat

Got my tickets online yesterday, but a couple of pals just went down to the Butts ticket office. Woman said we've sold nearly 1000 STs and they're expecting a big pay day surge.
She also said that the St.Andrews announcement was only made to keep the EFL happy whilst Ricoh talks are still on going and implied that "we'll be back at the Ricoh by Xmas"!

Although I find the latter hard to believe, especially after Robins choice words for w**ps, the fact that were already at 1k tickets is very positive. Let it continue. #PUSB

torchomatic

Club just gave an update. 500 sold within the first 24 hours.

torchomatic

Otis

Very sad.

Fine if you don't want to go, or cannot go, but why are fans wanting to go and watch their team play, mugs?

This is NOT like Northampton. Not the same.

Sisu may have sewn the seeds of all this many years ago, but right now the club's hands are tied.

Seemingly it was this or no EFL club.

Liquid Gold

Really? That does surprise me.
“Last year, it took us a week to reach even 118 Season Tickets sold, so the support is very humbling. While we would not expect us to reach the numbers we did last year, it would be great to see as many fans as possible there.

“As we said, we fully understand and respect the difficult choice our fans face, and we know that those who may choose not to attend, do so with a heavy heart but still in full support of their team.

“We know that fans who do attend, and do buy Season Tickets, may not endorse the groundshare situation, but are there to support their team and we are really grateful.”

“We are still working on travel and car parking arrangements for next season, and as soon as these are finalised we will communicate them to supporters.

“There have been many other questions from fans generally, whether it is about PSL holders or the Wall of Fame and Garden of Remembrance at the Ricoh Arena, and we again will look to let fans know details regarding these important and sensitive aspects of the situation we find ourselves in as soon as we are able to do so.”

“We thank everyone for their support and for their patience at this time.”

Tommo1993

Did he mean in the same week last year, when ST’s had already been on sale for a while?

Edit: on second thought, he probably just picked out the quietest week.

Tommo1993

Would be strange for him to comment on that you would have thought.

If that is true, I take it all back and predict attendances around the 22,000-25,000 mark.

I think they’ve taken last years lowest week of sales and compared it to this to try and make the groundshare look a bit successful.

Grendel

Did he mean in the same week last year, when ST’s had already been on sale for a while?

Edit: on second thought, he probably just picked out the quietest week.

He clearly meant the first week - why you want to pour scorn of everything is curious

torchomatic

He clearly meant the first week - why you want to pour scorn of everything is curious

Said yesterday he is just a WUM.

Liquid Gold

We probably sold so few at the start last year as they went on sale in March so people had plenty of time to buy them and had no idea what league we were in. I also seem to remember it taking a while to sort the finance option out.

Tommo1993

We probably sold so few at the start last year as they went on sale in March so people had plenty of time to buy them and had no idea what league we were in. I also seem to remember it taking a while to sort the finance option out.

Thank you for a straight and simple answer.

lord_garrincha

I know of 3 or 4 people getting season tickets who haven't previously.

I'm not saying we will be selling loads, but there seems to be in some areas a real desire to keep the momentum of the last 2 seasons going and, more importantly, to keep the club alive.

The twitter comments are just sad. If you don't want to go... fair enough. If you do want to go... fair enough. No one is superior, so keep your thoughts to yourself. Like I say about twitter... If you wouldn't say it in a pub to a person's face, don't post it.

Last edited:

Adge

Fair play to the people that have purchased but of course the pr from the club will be “how well the tickets are selling” to soften the ground share fiasco.
If 2000 buy a season ticket I think that will be a good number-but will there be a similar number who buy tickets/walk up on the day? I can’t see it meaning on average there will be less than 4000 “home” fans.

Last edited:

cc84cov

Be a hell of a lot more of they get this Ricoh deal sorted still think we will be at the Ricoh...don’t ask me why

cc84cov

500 is still more than I expected.

I will be surprised if we get anywhere approaching 2,000.
Agreed can’t see it passing 2k

Well timed public statements will have helped & talks of a better squad than last year etc weather or not that happens I’m not so sure tbh Sisu probably trying to fire up as many fans as possible I don’t believe anything them wankers say

Nick

Administrator
Agreed can’t see it passing 2k

Well timed public statements will have helped & talks of a better squad than last year etc weather or not that happens I’m not so sure tbh Sisu probably trying to fire up as many fans as possible I don’t believe anything them wankers say
Isn't it people at the club saying it?

clint van damme

Public statements made by the club at timing of season ticket releases is no coincidence to me Nick

I agree. But surely they have a duty to try and maximise ST sales using PR, marketing and whatever means they have at their disposal.

Users who are viewing this thread