Coventry City Supporters forum notes from meeting 17/3/21 (1 Viewer)

Gregbant

There are already people who apparently believe a new stadium will happen and use it to drone on about how it’s time for us to leave the Ricoh behind etc. Don’t think they care much about Boddy’s day to day role, especially when he’s the one wheeled out to give the last few updates on its ‘progress’.

The whole thing is such a weird waste of time and resources. Less than one year into the project and it doesn’t even work as a bluffing strategy anymore.

Hopefully he won't be wheeled out to give updates like he said he couldn't in this meeting as he isn't involved

Gregbant

The roles changed when Anderson left and was a board director. I think the poor chap actually thought it was a real job and not like a modern day version of the madness of King George where you are supposed to just nod your head and pretend akin the bonkers strategy ideas are sound business proposals
😂😂

SBT

No facade I think it will be interesting to see the overall plan and the level of detail of any stadium. I’m happy to ask respectful questions about it. I asked about timescale and who was involved. I went up to about 8% chance recently and after the questions I’m back down at 5%

If by your own admission very very few people even believe the new stadium is real then it’s hard to say it’s anything other than a facade.

Personally I don’t see why your questions on it should be respectful. If it was me I would be hammering the club on it until we get a proper update or they just admit it’s all a folly. As long as the pretence of a new stadium exists, they don’t have to admit their long term strategy for the club’s security and development is a sham, and we deserve better than that. Instead we seem quite happy to let them go through the motions (again) and I’m not sure why that is.

Gregbant

No facade I think it will be interesting to see the overall plan and the level of detail of any stadium. I’m happy to ask respectful questions about it. I asked about timescale and who was involved. I went up to about 8% chance recently and after the questions I’m back down at 5%

Come on Pete you already have all the detail it was given to you 8 years ago, you even got a picture what more do you want?

Last edited:

Gregbant

If by your own admission very very few people even believe the new stadium is real then it’s hard to say it’s anything other than a facade.

Personally I don’t see why your questions on it should be respectful. If it was me I would be hammering the club on it until we get a proper update or they just admit it’s all a folly. As long as the pretence of a new stadium exists, they don’t have to admit their long term strategy for the club’s security and development is a sham, and we deserve better than that. Instead we seem quite happy to let them go through the motions (again) and I’m not sure why that is.

I think a respectful footnote should be included in the notes of every meeting that the subject of a new stadium will not be entertained until land is obtained, planning permission agreed and a plausible financial plan published. When these 3 factors occur a SCG will be formed, It would show SISU that the fans are not mugs.

Sky Blue Pete

Come on Pete you already have all the detail it was given to you 8 years ago, you even got a picture what more do you want?

The plan is a university one for the whole are including road and rail etc I’m not holding my breath but you get nowhere being rude

Sky Blue Pete

I think a respectful footnote should be included in the notes of every meeting that the subject of a new stadium will not be entertained until land is obtained, planning permission agreed and a plausible financial plan published. When these 3 factors occur a SCG will be formed, It would show SISU that the fans are not mugs.
Good shout

chiefdave

The plan is a university one for the whole are including road and rail etc I’m not holding my breath but you get nowhere being rude
I've always thought that arguing if there is going to be a stadium or not just makes it easy for the owners. Don't see the harm in asking sensible questions regarding progress.

Personally I think the next question to ask is why the University told local councillors it would be going out to public consultation before the end of 2020 but now, from what Boddy says, there is no timescale. I can understand delays due to covid but I don't believe there isn't a timescale in place for a project of this size from the university side.

Now we're back in Coventry any urgency is gone, who cares if they go on about a new stadium.

Sky Blue Pete

I've always thought that arguing if there is going to be a stadium or not just makes it easy for the owners. Don't see the harm in asking sensible questions regarding progress.

Personally I think the next question to ask is why the University told local councillors it would be going out to public consultation before the end of 2020 but now, from what Boddy says, there is no timescale. I can understand delays due to covid but I don't believe there isn't a timescale in place for a project of this size from the university side.

Now we're back in Coventry any urgency is gone, who cares if they go on about a new stadium.
Agreed

Gregbant

Wow

Sky Blue Pete

@Sky Blue Pete anything discussed about remaining tickets from old match packages? I have 5 or 6 tickets left from the curtailed season and would hope the cost of these could be put towards a membership/season ticket, even a shop voucher would be ok. There doesn't seem to be any mention about this on the club website, other than an old page that says keep coming back for updates. Thanks.

Reply from Mark Hornby

Last year we carried over unused match packages from games not being played, and it will be the same again but hopefully they'll get chance to use them - that would be dependent on the restrictions

Gregbant

I guess people believing what they desperately hope to be true whilst defying all logic and rational is how SISU have got away with it for 9 years to date. I genuinely didbt think there would be anyone left now though.

Grendel

I guess people believing what they desperately hope to be true whilst defying all logic and rational is how SISU have got away with it for 9 years to date. I genuinely didbt think there would be anyone left now though.

Can you pay the £20 now?

Users who are viewing this thread