Season ticket prices (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

The club have done the correct thing. It's pricing policy is too cheap. This increase will make zero difference to those renewing. It will generate extra revenue for players which I assume is what we all want.

Hope you're right Grendel and that we can generate reasonable sales. That said, a couple of timely signings (albeit you never know how they'll work out) might sway a few sitting on the fence - and I won't be surprised if there's the usual extension of the date re: discounted season ticket prices.

Ian1779

The club have done the correct thing. It's pricing policy is too cheap. This increase will make zero difference to those renewing. It will generate extra revenue for players which I assume is what we all want.

No we want the owners to throw money at the playing squad and fuck off at the same time. All whilst paying no money to watch.

Ian1779

If we want people like SISU gone from our club then we have to be able to stand on our own two feet... Generating our own money. But sadly there are some people who think James Maddison was sold because Joy Seppala wanted to block-pave her drive.

skybluetony176

If we want people like SISU gone from our club then we have to be able to stand on our own two feet... Generating our own money. But sadly there are some people who think James Maddison was sold because Joy Seppala wanted to block-pave her drive.

Block pave? Pstt...

... you mean diamond encrust.

The Lurker

38% price increase is acceptable??? Jog on. The club have shot themselves big time. They'll no way get 7,000 season ticket holders. The money from Maddison has gone where? If they increased to £280 that would be fair but not £345! I heard that match day prices will be £24 which if true will put fans off too. We have a hardcore fan base this latest ploy will only distant the fans who sit on the fence

Moff

She needs to cover up the concrete block she had Dulieu and Brody encased in. ;)

chiefdave

The football league attendance report has season ticket sales figures. Our are:

10/11 9,655
11/12 9,600
12/13 7,404
13/14 904
14/15 5,158
15/16 6,300 (that's from the clubs twitter today as this years report isn't out)

Looks to me like we didn't sell enough this season to justify keeping the prices low. We'd have needed to sell at least 6,500 to bring in the same revenue as the season before.

Terry Gibson's perm

When I mentioned it to the keeper of the coin she gave me the look, sometimes you have to give up some things and while it's only back to the old prices our circumstances have changed extra mouth to feed etc and I earn about 14k a year less than I used to:facepalm:

italiahorse

There is always a sneaking suspicion that the court cases are compromising the team.
Particularly as its being fought on our behalf.

Grendel

There is always a sneaking suspicion that the court cases are compromising the team.

Given we have had a top quartile budget with the second cheapest season tickets and we are the only club with zero access to extra income this suspicion can only exist in your tiny little mind.

italiahorse

38% price increase is acceptable??? Jog on. The club have shot themselves big time. They'll no way get 7,000 season ticket holders. The money from Maddison has gone where? If they increased to £280 that would be fair but not £345! I heard that match day prices will be £24 which if true will put fans off too. We have a hardcore fan base this latest ploy will only distant the fans who sit on the fence

Should we then just accept that we want to pay L1 prices and stay down here ?

Ian1779

Well I think it's pretty evident that money is not being removed from the club to fund a court case.

italiahorse

Given we have had a top quartile budget with the second cheapest season tickets and we are the only club with zero access to extra income this suspicion can only exist in your tiny little mind.

It hasn't stopped me buying mine but I know it is stopping others.

WestEndAgro

Prices should have remained the same in a vain attempt to attract more custom and retain the existing fanbase.
i think sales will be staggeringly low with the price increase, it's hardly going to encourage people to attend?

stupot07

Haha what a scam the refund scheme is, firstly we won't even reach 7,000 tickets so its the most pointless scheme ever and secondly you don't even get a proper refund you basically get a discount on match tickets or next years season tickets.
They must have got McIndoe in as a financial consultant on that one!! Haha

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Lurker

The football league attendance report has season ticket sales figures. Our are:

10/11 9,655
11/12 9,600
12/13 7,404
13/14 904
14/15 5,158
15/16 6,300 (that's from the clubs twitter today as this years report isn't out)

Looks to me like we didn't sell enough this season to justify keeping the prices low. We'd have needed to sell at least 6,500 to bring in the same revenue as the season before.

There's a trend showing there. Less and less fans getting season tickets so what does that say? I imagine it will be less this season too.

Ian1779

Show me where the monies come from then to fund it and say how it does not effect Sisu's decisions to fund the club ?

That is not the same question. Could SISU put the money they are spending on the court cases into CCFC? Possibly... Will they? Who knows.

But they aren't taking money out of CCFC revenue which only comes from player sales, tickets and merchandise.

stupot07

There's a trend showing there. Less and less fans getting season tickets so what does that say? I imagine it will be less this season too.
Getting relegated and playing in league one. How many STs do sheff united have? They have been down here a season longer than us, get crowds of 18k week in week out.

The Lurker

Should we then just accept that we want to pay L1 prices and stay down here ?

I don't get this. Look at Burton there budget not as big as ours, Walsall the same. Smaller attendances yet both vying for promotion. We sold Maddison's for x amount of million. Fans paying more then ever for what?

The Lurker

Getting relegated and playing in league one. How many STs do sheff united have? They have been down here a season longer than us, get crowds of 18k week in week out.

I can't remember Sheffield Utd moving grounds a couple of years ago? Not long ago they were in semi's of the cup. Success attracts support. When city were at the top we were getting the same earlier on the season. Many fans had enough of constant failure. So with the prices going up its not exactly going to attract new season ticket holders and may lose a few too

Grendel

I don't get this. Look at Burton there budget not as big as ours, Walsall the same. Smaller attendances yet both vying for promotion. We sold Maddison's for x amount of million. Fans paying more then ever for what?

Do they charge more to sit in certain parts of the ground? How's our prices compared to theres?

Hope your not in the wheat sheaf I hear the police are planning another raid tonight which again no doubt will never be reported by anyone in the establishment.

Users who are viewing this thread