Season ticket prices (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Just had a look at a few random season ticket prices.

Chesterfield (16/17) - cheapest (now) is £400 rising to £530 depending on zone. Their early bird was before end April
http://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/cms_images/2015-03-20-season-tickets-prices-sm46-2980592.jpg

GIllingham (16/17) cheapest (early bird) is £370, rising to £470 after early bird
http://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/documents/season-tickets-2016166-3059445.pdf

Portvale cheapest, £345 rising to £380. They also have an incentive.
http://www.port-vale.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/

Can't see why people are moaning really even with the rise in prices.

you have just said it yourself

rise in prices

you can say they are still good etc but deep down you do understand why people are moaning.

fernandopartridge

rise in prices

you can say they are still good etc but deep down you do understand why people are moaning.

It's a rise in prices or an end to the discounted rate. The facts are that it isn't expensive by L1 standards or any more expensive than prices were 4 years ago for our first season in L1, so in effect it is a real terms price cut.

Nick

Administrator
It's a rise in prices or an end to the discounted rate. The facts are that it isn't expensive by L1 standards or any more expensive than prices were 4 years ago for our first season in L1, so in effect it is a real terms price cut.

That's the thing, it is just not an offer like it was last year.

torchomatic

I don't want to pay over £90 more than last season, but its still cheaper than other clubs, still only £13 a game and my lad sits next to me for free. So no, I really can't.

rise in prices

covcity4life

you are moaning. you just said you dont wanna pay 90 quid more.

glad i could make you understand. you are welcome.

torchomatic

Whatever. Not in the mood for pedanticism.

you are moaning. you just said you dont wanna pay 90 quid more.

glad i could make you understand. you are welcome.

covcity4life

its the truth scabby. you now know why some people aint happy, even if prices still not bad compared to others. its human nature.

Nick

Administrator
It's harsh no matter how you look at it. Has anyone actually told the wives yet? that will be a laugh...

Will it? Mine said "OK" when I told her the price.

It's not that harsh is it, they just aren't on offer now are they?

It is still decent value.

Nick

Administrator
There is somebody moaning because their kids have got a year older so the prices have gone up. Genius

CCFC88

I think the prices are very reasonable, yes you can say its only £149 at Bradford but if you look at the figures for the risk involved in this pricing stratergy it is very oh so dangerous.

If they sell the 17,000, which is the number I think has been touted round, revenue equals £2,530k, they have averaged 18,000 at home this year, say on average 800/1000 away fans per game their match day income is going to be virtually nothing.

To make the same £2,530k at an average price of £325 per season ticket we only need to sell 7800 season tickets. We may not make that number but it is certainly a lower risk stratergy than the Bradford model, if we then continue our average home attendance from this year of 12,500, this gives you an extra 5,000 single match tickets on the day/match packages/Kids for a quid say averaging at £17 per game gives you an extra 85k per game revenue. 85k x 23 games gives you close to another 2mil over a season. Estimated ticket revenue over a season 4.5mil.

The prices are competitive with the league with a solid pricing stratergy behind them. If we adopted "The Bradford model" would we sell 18,000 porobably not, we would have to sell 30k season tickets to bring in the same revenue as we can expect this year with the current stratergy.

PS, apologies in adavance if I have made huooooge miscalculations, just how I see it.

hill83

Just had a look at a few random season ticket prices.

Chesterfield (16/17) - cheapest (now) is £400 rising to £530 depending on zone. Their early bird was before end April
http://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/cms_images/2015-03-20-season-tickets-prices-sm46-2980592.jpg

GIllingham (16/17) cheapest (early bird) is £370, rising to £470 after early bird
http://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/documents/season-tickets-2016166-3059445.pdf

Portvale cheapest, £345 rising to £380. They also have an incentive.
http://www.port-vale.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/

Can't see why people are moaning really even with the rise in prices.

Because in general we are a bunch of moaning cunts.

CCFC88

Teams consigned to another year in League 2

Cambridge 275-380
Wycombe 308 (standard early bird)
Exeter 299-414

Just be glad we didnt go down to League 2 in May of last year and getting charged these amounts.

ajsccfc

Bearing in mind the Sixfields discount was always only a temporary thing, I think sub-300 is fairly reasonable still, plus the payment option is available.

pw362

Bradford City £149
Fleetwood Town £209.50
Coventry City £249
Wigan Athletic £250
Gillingham £275
Rochdale United £277.50
Crewe Alexandra £290
Scunthorpe United £294
Blackpool £295
Bury £300
Colchester United £322
Burton Albion £323
Walsall £330.50
Doncaster Rovers £339
Port Vale £345
Peterborough Unted £350
Southend United £350
Swindon Town £365
Barnsley £370
Shrewsbury Town £375
Chesterfield £380
Sheffield United £380
Oldham Athletic £395

Millwall £412

Cheapest season tickets at each league 1 club for this season.

Hadji10

They lowered the prices last season and the fans didn't respond. Was about an 800 increase on the 2012/2013 season. (2013/14 and start of 14/15 in Northampton)

wingy

R
They lowered the prices last season and the fans didn't respond. Was about an 800 increase on the 2012/2013 season. (2013/14 and start of 14/15 in Northampton)
Think the best total I can remember in recent times was around 5 seasons back.
IIRC coupled with a price reduction and Interest free Instalments, circa 8-5 _9K.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Discounted tickets is interesting for fans if we reach their targets

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/season-tickets-release-coventry-city-league-one-1617-3095797.aspx

Money Back. For the first time ever, the club has also decided to introduce a refund scheme to encourage more City supporters to sign up and back the Sky Blues for the 2016/17 season at the Ricoh Arena.

The scheme has four different sales targets, with a maximum discount of 30% and the size of the refund depending on the number of season cards sold. If the club sells over 7,000 season tickets, fans will receive a refund of 10%. If the club sells 8,500, fans will receive a refund of 15%. If the club reaches the magic mark of 10,000, fans will receive a refund of 20% and if we reach 15,000, a 30% discount will apply. If we reach the required targets, supporters will receive money back on their Season Ticket cards, which can be used for your 2017/18 Season Ticket.

For early bird purchases, the club have also decided to pay for the £6 Ticketmaster service charge of associated with buying a season ticket

Haha what a scam the refund scheme is, firstly we won't even reach 7,000 tickets so its the most pointless scheme ever and secondly you don't even get a proper refund you basically get a discount on match tickets or next years season tickets.

SkyBlue_Bear83

bringing back premium zones is thing i dont like. back to the corners i go

oohh errr
I've never understood why people would pay extra to sit in the 'premium zone' Ricoh has great views from every seat in the stadium. Paying £50 extra to sit closer to the half way line seems bonkers to me.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

On the face of it, it may seem 'good value' still, but if you're comparing it to last season, it actually feels more like robbery.

Inflation can be argued, but not at these percentages. Throw in the Maddison sale, and a few other variables, and it doesn't make any sense at all. For that price increase, what more will we be getting in return?

I went to most matches this year and was going to get a season ticket for 16/17 but after looking at this I'm really not so sure.

It's like comparing our league finish. It might seem alright still, but if you look at our results before Christmas, it's a harsh deal in reality.

If we had been promoted it might be justified, but we haven't been.

coop

I would say it is a step backwards with the increase and the introduction of different seating prices.This should of been the packages if we got in the championship.I would think Anderson is the person who has pushed this and I think the player's and TM changed when he was appointed.

italiahorse

I've never understood why people would pay extra to sit in the 'premium zone' Ricoh has great views from every seat in the stadium. Paying £50 extra to sit closer to the half way line seems bonkers to me.

Gets rid of the riff raff, not many kids and is always very quiet. ;)
Always struggle to here the Rugby commentary in the noisy areas :whistle:

Last edited:

Grendel

The club have done the correct thing. It's pricing policy is too cheap. This increase will make zero difference to those renewing. It will generate extra revenue for players which I assume is what we all want.

chiefdave

Quick look at the prices from the last few years when season tickets first went on sale:

2012/13 Standard £299 / Premium £345
2014/15 Standard £315 / Premium £357
2015/16 All tickets £249
2016/17 Standard £299 / Premium £345

Users who are viewing this thread