Match Thread Scunthorpe United vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 5th Jan (1 Viewer)

ccfcmad1

Would love a win again today but would take a point a decent performance to keep the run going.

SBAndy

Must win today. With the fact that so few games are on it gives us a good chance to apply some pressure on those above us.

2-1 win, Hiwula and Shipley.

Gibbo

Started off thinking a draw, but now reconciled to a 2-1 defeat. They are better than their position. A lot will depend on Bayliss conjuring up something, as he has in the last three games. If Kelly plays will he last 90 minutes?
Same team as Wycombe I suspect, altho I would pair JCH and Hiwula up front

Otis

But Chaplin and Hiwula is working and they seem to have developed a good understanding.

Added to that of course is that JCH has been doing really well from the bench.

If everyone is fit you have to leave it the same I think.

higgs

They were in the playoff spots last season definitely better than their current position anything better than a draw would be an unreal result

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Governmac

Scunthorpe are a bit of a bogey team for us. We haven't beat them since 2013 and we haven't kept a clean sheet against them since 2010.

Would take a draw, something that hasn't happened since 2015.

stevefloyd

Yes i fear we will lose today based on Doyle playing instead of Kelly and no Agogogogogo on the bench again either

Paul Anthony

Not having Kelly available really knocks us back. This was always going to be a tough one, but that makes it even tougher.

vow

Believe we'll win 1-0, however I'd take 0-0 and no more injuries.

Gibbo

You know what comes next, Ogogo will now sign for another League 1 team, and when we next meet them, play a blinder....

Esoterica

It might not be as bad as we fear, we have a lot more positive intent as a team since Doyle last started. Just concerned over how much ball we will win in midfield away from home.

Nick

Administrator
Im not as confident, will take a draw but delighted with a win.

Can see us playing a different game as we have been doing :(

Johnnythespider

Would have liked to see Westbrook in for Kelly myself. I'm sure Doyle will do a job I'm just not sure it's the job we need.

higgs

Brown and ogogo must be on good wages and not even in the squad we could offload them

Nick

Administrator
Brown and ogogo must be on good wages and not even in the squad we could offload them

Both marquee signings when they signed, now neither can make the matchday squad?

skyblueinBaku

With Kelly out, I think we will set up defensively and try to score on the break. This usually results in inviting pressure on us and often this leads to a loss.

Users who are viewing this thread