Match Thread Scunthorpe United vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 5th Jan (3 Viewers)

Gibbo

Will be a very different performance if Doyle comes in for Kelly. There's no way the fullbacks can be as adventurous as they have been in the last 3 games as Doyle's just not quick enough to provide the lateral cover for them and Kelly gets forward so much more than Doyle was before too - only got to look at the passes from 35 yards out that Kelly has made in the build up to goals at both Charlton and Southend. The fullbacks getting forward and overlapping has been a major part in the upturn in form and we'd return to being fairly toothless in attack I think.

I'm not one for square pegs normally but I'd genuinely consider Hyam into that defensive midfield role and bringing Davies in at the back. I thjink Hyam has enough speed, tenacity, anticipation and passing range to pull it off, if he can get to grips with the role positionally.
If Kelly is out though I suspect Robins will put Shipley in that role and Westbrooke out wide, given that Ogogo hasn't even been making the matchday squads. Would be a big test of his fortitude though.
Not quick enough, even compared with Doyle

johnwillomagic

Unchanged side and 2-1 win!

Burge GK
Sterling RB
Mason LB
Hyam CB
Willis CB
Kelly CM
Bayliss CM
Thomas RM
Shipley LM
Chaplin ST
Hiwula ST

Subs: Addai, Grimmer, Davies, Doyle, JCH, McCallum, Allesani

Nick

Administrator
Tbf to him he scored in the JPT semi and final, be interesting to see how much he would have progressed if he'd stayed here

I reckon a season in League 2 would have improved him more than Leicester u23s for a year.

As long as he didn't pile the weight back on like he did when he first started for us that season (he looked like he had been in the gym too much, was out for a bit then came back leaner).

Fergusons_Beard

Odd that no one has picked up on Thomas’ loan finishing-I presume that’s what Robins talking about in press conference (the close one?).

Everyone very quiet on Kelly too.

Two changes then -though god knows who will replace Kelly and Thomas!

This will result in another terrible away performance at sCuntThorpe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nick

Administrator
Odd that no one has picked up on Thomas’ loan finishing-I presume that’s what Robins talking about in press conference (the close one?).

Everyone very quiet on Kelly too.

Two changes then -though god knows who will replace Kelly and Thomas!

This will result in another terrible away performance at sCuntThorpe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

His loan hasn't finished. People discussed Kelly in the threads about the JSB party where he said he hoped to play ;)

luwalla

Scunthorpe on a signing spree last few days! Adam Hammil in midfield and Kevin van Veen striker prob two that might help them. they also signed a few defenders

SkyBlueCRJ

Scunthorpe on a signing spree last few days! Adam Hammil in midfield and Kevin van Veen striker prob two that might help them. they also signed a few defenders

Good players but they’ve only had a short amount of time to gel, could work in our favour.

Sky Blue Pete

I reckon a season in League 2 would have improved him more than Leicester u23s for a year.

As long as he didn't pile the weight back on like he did when he first started for us that season (he looked like he had been in the gym too much, was out for a bit then came back leaner).
I meant Luke Thomas

Sky Blue Pete

Yep absolutely he would have improved hugely had he stayed

bawtryneal

Wrap up warm if you coming "up north" to the game today
Just took the dog out and it is f'ing freezing.
Safe journey everybody.
PUSB. 2-0 win today.

higgs

George is on a season long loan with Scunthorpe Thomas is on a season long loan with us

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

covhead1

We should duff Scunny over, which makes me think we'll lose!
However......what the hell!
3-1 to City.

Frank Sidebottom

After much internal debate I'm gonna drive over for this one.. (provided I don't get caught in a snow drift on Woods pass) Never been to Glanford Park before, Where's best to park/grab a pint beforehand?

Ricketts

Win 0-5.

Hattrick for Chaplin, one for Luke Thomas, not sure of the other scorer, we have plenty of options. It might be Willis or Hyam header, JCH perfectly placed shot, Hiwula, Bayliss or Shipley.

Clean sheet yet again.

covcity4life

Have a bad feeling. They will be buzzing after doing over pboro and we prob won't threaten them as much as pboro

That said maybe that could work in our favour

4 wins would get me feeling closer to l2 levels of excitement but I can't see it happening gut feeling wise

Great_Expectations

Same team, attacking performance, 2-0 City, Hiwula and Thomas.

Or, Addai and Thompson start out of nowhere due to Willis, Burge and Davies having medicals at Bristol, Bolton and Burton.

Users who are viewing this thread