Match Thread Scunthorpe United vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 5th Jan (1 Viewer)

Garryb80

Desperately need a centre mid player who can hold a team together. I predicted we would lose as soon as Doyle was starting thats not being negative its being realistic, he done brilliant for us last season but sadly his ship has sailed.
Cannot understand why Mason has been taken off yet again unless it was for his absolute inability to cross a ball today
And his defending for the second goal

Cov kid 55

tbf we were at least as good as them and with the second half we should have had more to show for it. Slightly under-performing today in many areas but we deserved something and got nothing.
Kelly would have been the difference had he been fit. I think today spells the end for Doyle sadly. The ball just didn't drop kindly today for us either if we are honest.
Agree with this, I thought we were poor in the first half, they had most of the game, but we dug in and defended well. The second half we attacked from the start (not just when we went 2-0 down), the introduction of JCH at half time made a huge difference. They then scored a fortunate deflected goal, before we conceded a poor second goal.

We got just one back, but on the balance of play, deserved a draw. To be fair, we didn’t break them down for a clear chance, we do seem to waste good positions with poor final balls, or wrong decisions. They are a difficult team to play against, we were unfortunate today.

larry_david

Doyle so poor. Its not a overnight thing either, was exactly the same at scunthorpe at home. We pass gk, lb to cb, to cb, to rb, back to cb, to Doyle... Hooooooof.

Gave away the second goal. Thought hyam was pretty damn good. Sterling seems to be getting shit but he had more attacking intent than our entire front 6 players.

On a side though moments before their first goal, that flying tackle by their player was fucking outrageous was it not? Nearly took Thomas's head off and play waved on and they score?

skybluesam66

in summary - we need to be more on the front foot - we are a young developing team - we can still have a good season . Kelly was ill (sounded like flu) so should be back next week
speaks well - no excuses - although thought we were good enough for a point

cc84cov

What did he say
he knows what we need but we’re not in a position to go and get it and it’s gonna take time to get there,the squad is young not much experience.1 caller said to cash in on Davies Burge & Willis before they go for free end of season no movement with their agents.Needed more today from the players and they could of done more.Wants the players to play without fear.

Nick

Administrator
he knows what we need but we’re not in a position to go and get it and it’s gonna take time to get there,the squad is young not much experience.1 caller said to cash in on Davies Burge & Willis before they go for free end of season no movement with their agents.Needed more today from the players and they could of done more.Wants the players to play without fear.
Ogogo is experienced.... It's not an excuse if there's a player on big money not even going into the match day squad

SkyBlueCRJ

Ogogo is experienced.... It's not an excuse if there's a player on big money not even going into the match day squad

It’s starting to look like it’s plain and simple bad recruitment with Ogogo. If a player needs to succeed by having a team revolve around him (which possibly was the case with Shrewsbury) then clearly he’s not the right player for us.

higgs

It’s starting to look like it’s plain and simple bad recruitment with Ogogo. If a player needs to succeed by having a team revolve around him (which possibly was the case with Shrewsbury) then clearly he’s not the right player for us.
Big fish in a small pond last season small fish in a big pond this season doesn't suit him

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

oucho

But is that the case? Had he had enough of a chance? Seems to me he has barely featured this season, which seems odd.

D

Deleted member 4439

But is that the case? Had he had enough of a chance? Seems to me he has barely featured this season, which seems odd.

imo, don't think he's had a chance to prove himself or for supporters to have a fully informed opinion; but clearly he isn't proving himself on the training ground either.

oucho

Westbrooke is above him on the bench now.

I haven't been following this one... Has he fallen out with MR, or just underperformed on the limited occasions he's played? Odd that neither him nor Bakayoko had much of a lookin even when we went winless for 2 months

larry_david

Something must have happened to him mentally? He was a beast day 1 and not been seen since. Hasn't even been given the chance to be shit!

Londonccfcfan

Doyle so poor. Its not a overnight thing either, was exactly the same at scunthorpe at home. We pass gk, lb to cb, to cb, to rb, back to cb, to Doyle... Hooooooof.

Gave away the second goal. Thought hyam was pretty damn good. Sterling seems to be getting shit but he had more attacking intent than our entire front 6 players.

On a side though moments before their first goal, that flying tackle by their player was fucking outrageous was it not? Nearly took Thomas's head off and play waved on and they score?

Hyam was immense imo. Kept us in the game first half. Second half doesn't just clear the danger but passes the ball to our player in every dangerous clearance. Really impressed. Lack of pace but kids gonna go very far.

Londonccfcfan

Bad bad loss to a very shit team I'm afraid. We didn't deserve to lose. Draw was least we deserved on 2nd half display.

SkyBlueCRJ

But when he has he’s been absolutely awful. Like you said it’s odd he hasn’t featured so clearly he’s either lacking the quality or just not putting the effort in, in training.

Users who are viewing this thread