School Protests (2 Viewers)

skybluetony176

I'm against any decline in animal welfare, don't get me wrong. But would it have anything to do with Brexit? Our welfare standards are above most in the EU.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
The voting that animals aren’t sentient is part of the Brexit bill so it’s absolutely everything to do with Brexit.

TomRad85

It's an opportunity, having left, to set our own rules on such things. What we seem to want to do is relax them, rather than tighten them.
But if we are considered to be a better country regarding animal welfare than most countries in the EU, our own rules relaxed or not, can't be any worse than the EU rules surely.

TomRad85

The voting that animals aren’t sentient is part of the Brexit bill so it’s absolutely everything to do with Brexit.
You talk so much nonsense its unreal. How are we considered above most EU countries for animal welfare then Tone?

NorthernWisdom

But if we are considered to be a better country regarding animal welfare than most countries in the EU, our own rules relaxed or not, can't be any worse than the EU rules surely.

Well we seem to be in danger of heading there. And is, after years of raising standards in other countries by pushing for tighter rules, the opportunity to slip back, a good thing? Do we want to mirror US standards? Is that a good thing?

If we're going to take advantage of our own, independent rules, then this is surely one way we should.

It's not the only thing we could do but won't, of course, but it's a bit pointless taking a thread too far this way, really ;)

skybluetony176

You talk so much nonsense its unreal. How are we considered above most EU countries for animal welfare then Tone?

Because we used to go further than the EU standards we were committed to as the bottom rung of the ladder. We haven’t transferred many of those standards into U.K. law setting the stage for a drop in standards. We actually lost our A rating last year as a direct consequence. You’ll have to look hard to find it though because the majority right wing pro Brexit press that like to pretend that they are a minority didn’t give it much coverage.

TomRad85

Because we used to go further than the EU standards we were committed to as the bottom rung of the ladder. We haven’t transferred many of those standards into U.K. law setting the stage for a drop in standards. We actually lost our A rating last year as a direct consequence. You’ll have to look hard to find it though because the majority right wing pro Brexit press that like to pretend that they are a minority didn’t give it much coverage.
Setting the stage for... but currently we are still ahead of most of the EU? Anything that may or may not happen is speculation.

mrtrench

Isn’t cod endangered? Or did I imagine that?

Kind of related to this thread... here's a terrible joke.

Dave and his friend Christian are prawns. Dave has always looked at the sharks with envy and told his friend that he wished he were a shark. One day, Cod, a magical fish, overheads him.

"I can grant your wish, Dave." And with a swish of his tail he turns him into a shark. Dave then immediately tries to eat Christian, who flees and hides under a rock.

After a few days, Dave realises that it's not nice being a shark. All the other sea creatures run from him and the other sharks don't like him. As the days turn into weeks he becomes very lonely.

One day, he comes across Cod again and begs him to turn him back into a prawn, which he does.

Dave scuttles off to Christian's rock and asks him to come on out and play with him.

"No way, Dave, you'll eat me!" says Christian.

Dave replies, "No it's OK! I found Cod. I'm a prawn again, Christian".

Boom boom!

skybluetony176

Setting the stage for... but currently we are still ahead of most of the EU? Anything that may or may not happen is speculation.

So there shouldn’t be an issue committing to the EU standards as a minimum standard then. Yet...

Also worth noting that a lot of the issues facing British food exporters from Brexit is down to this unwillingness to commit to the EU standards as a minimum. So why is the government deliberately biting of our noses to spite our face? Can’t think of any other reason other than we’re lowering standards. Can you?

TomRad85

So there shouldn’t be an issue committing to the EU standards as a minimum standard then. Yet...

Also worth noting that a lot of the issues facing British food exporters from Brexit is down to this unwillingness to commit to the EU standards as a minimum. So why is the government deliberately biting of our noses to spite our face? Can’t think of any other reason other than we’re lowering standards. Can you?
Don't think I'll ever been stepping off a plane in Greece or Spain as examples and thinking 'damn, I wish we treated our animals as well as these guys do'. But if you think we're heading that way, you crack on. I very much doubt it.

mrtrench

There's already a commitment to end live long-distance driving to abattoirs. Time will tell... but as always I'm optimistic without being Panglossian.

skybluetony176

Don't think I'll ever been stepping off a plane in Greece or Spain as examples and thinking 'damn, I wish we treated our animals as well as these guys do'. But if you think we're heading that way, you crack on. I very much doubt it.

So why won’t the government commit to having a minimum standard in legislation that guarantees we meet the EU standards as a minimum?
On economics alone the argument is strong to do so as we’ve learned the last 3 months.

TomRad85

So why won’t the government commit to having a minimum standard in legislation that guarantees we meet the EU standards as a minimum?
On economics alone the argument is strong to do so as we’ve learned the last 3 months.
Tony mate, honestly you are a very tiring human being, I am done. You win.

Grendel

Aye aye, knew that'd poke Mr Brexiteer. What's pretty much bollocks is defending a decline in animal welfare standards to protect your beloved Brexit.

the images shown in the videos meet Eu standards.

Try telling them you’d be worse off without the Eu mate

Grendel

Yes we are better not great but a lot better

mrtrench

I just had an offer on a house accepted! It's taken 9 months but we'll be moving to Wales this summer. :)

I consider the flag stuff and decided I don't care. Red dragons are fine by me.

A little bit closer to the Ricoh, so maybe there more often.

Grendel

Tony thinks we're going to start barbecuing people's pets in the street now we've left the EU I think.

It’s the chlorinated chicken nonsense that’s the issue is it?

TomRad85

I just had an offer on a house accepted! It's taken 9 months but we'll be moving to Wales this summer. :)

A little bit closer to the Ricoh, so maybe there more often.
Congrats! I'm also house hunting. Offer rejected today annoyingly.

skybluetony176

There's already a commitment to end live long-distance driving to abattoirs. Time will tell... but as always I'm optimistic without being Panglossian.
Yeah, unfortunately that commitment is reliant on small abattoirs staying open and it’s small abattoirs that are taking the brunt of the Brexit damage to food exports.

Grendel

Tony thinks we're going to start barbecuing people's pets in the street now we've left the EU I think.

The Tonester is an arsehole. I’ve bothered to remove the ignore button for a brief period - why I have no idea.

He decides on the room mood and then copies and pastes articles to try and sound knowledgeable and supportive of the room. The only reason this is remotely amusing is he’s read the mood wrong but good old Tone will just now in Obtuse style plough on to the bitter end.

Grendel

No idea, but that would be a food standards issue rather than an animal welfare one surely?

Eu standards have zero issue with it

skybluetony176

No idea, but that would be a food standards issue rather than an animal welfare one surely?

Not really. Chlorinated Chicken could spend it’s whole life swimming in raw sewage and still be allowed to be sold once chlorinated. Hence why the US has one of the highest salmonella poisoning rates in the world. Animal welfare is intrinsically linked to food standards.

skybluetony176

The Tonester is an arsehole. I’ve bothered to remove the ignore button for a brief period - why I have no idea.

He decides on the room mood and then copies and pastes articles to try and sound knowledgeable and supportive of the room. The only reason this is remotely amusing is he’s read the mood wrong but good old Tone will just now in Obtuse style plough on to the bitter end.
Aww look. Grendull has some fwends so he’s showing off.

Grendel

I’ve never seen the point of the ignore button but the likes of Obtuse the Tonester and PVA have changed my mind

Frankly they are all as thick as fuck but see google copy and paste as a way to support their intellect and gain some credibility

Obtuse always read the mood room wrong but these two hitch to the view and then seek to gain credibility from constantly copying and pasting inane rubbish

The contribution of these two bozos over the last 48 hours has been beyond absurd. Even when people parody their behaviours to make them see their absurdity they don’t see it.

The only other one I ignore is O Day as he is a delusional fantasist who believes he is amusing but is about as funny as having your leg sawn off without anaesthestic

Brighton Sky Blue

I’ve never seen the point of the ignore button but the likes of Obtuse the Tonester and PVA have changed my mind

Frankly they are all as thick as fuck but see google copy and paste as a way to support their intellect and gain some credibility

Obtuse always read the mood room wrong but these two hitch to the view and then seek to gain credibility from constantly copying and pasting inane rubbish

The contribution of these two bozos over the last 48 hours has been beyond absurd. Even when people parody their behaviours to make them see their absurdity they don’t see it.

The only other one I ignore is O Day as he is a delusional fantasist who believes he is amusing but is about as funny as having your leg sawn off without anaesthestic

Fairly sure DOD has me on ignore, probably for excessive 'weird flexing' or a 'piss stained Y-front energy'

skybluetony176

Ooo. You’re hard.

Grendel

A word of advice. If you cannot find the ignore button but wish no more to be exposed by the intellectual giant known as The Tonester just stay on ccfc related threads

It’s an alternate way to avoid our resident genius

The lesser cockney spotted O Day may occasionally prowl for attempted credibility but chances are you will miss him

SBAndy

The food standards point is a valid one, no? Why would we wilfully not commit to at least the minimum standards of EU requirements which would allow more streamlined trade?

skybluetony176

A word of advice. If you cannot find the ignore button but wish no more to be exposed by the intellectual giant known as The Tonester just stay on ccfc related threads

It’s an alternate way to avoid our resident genius

The lesser cockney spotted O Day may occasionally prowl for attempted credibility but chances are you will miss him
The shit you’ll talk in an attempt to be popular. You’re like that weird bloke who used to live near you who thought he was cool for showing off to the local kids.

Grendel

The shit you’ll talk in an attempt to be popular. You’re like that weird bloke who used to live near you who thought he was cool for showing off to the local kids.

Oh Tony you’ve got me bang to rights m

I spend my time on here googling to find causes that make me popular - I’m not genuine to see - I used to be a big Tory then voted UKIP and then joined the left

The Tonester has found me out everyone

I’m off to shag a flag

skybluetony176

Oh Tony you’ve got me bang to rights m

I spend my time on here googling to find causes that make me popular - I’m not genuine to see - I used to be a big Tory then voted UKIP and then joined the left

The Tonester has found me out everyone

I’m off to shag a flag
You’re an actual grown man. You do realise that don’t you.

Users who are viewing this thread