School Protests (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

The fact is the only reason people would not do it is they are terrified of the savagery and brutality from the Islam rent a mob band of brothers. Any other religion is fair game on anything

Dave Allen would I suspect not have lived very long if he’d dressed up in full moss garb
I wouldn’t do it for the same reasons I wouldn’t desecrate a church. I have a very basic level of respect for people’s religion even though I don’t have a religion myself. It’s just good manners at a very basic level.

TomRad85

I wouldn’t do it for the same reasons I wouldn’t desecrate a church. I have a very basic level of respect for people’s religion even though I don’t have a religion myself. It’s just good manners at a very basic level.
Desecrating a church isn't comparable. That would be comparable to say, I don't know, desecrating a mosque. No reasonable person would do either.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

Desecrating a church isn't comparable. That would be comparable to say, I don't know, desecrating a mosque. No reason person would do either.

Both happen and the fact is there isn’t a Christian equivalent to not having images of Allah. It’s common practice in the Christian faith to have imagery of important figures of the faith. It’s a fundamental difference that means I can’t give a like for like example. But if there was a like for like equivalent I wouldn’t do that either. For the same reason.

mrtrench

You are fucking hard work, Tony.

He always is - it's his USP. I came to the conclusion long ago that he's not someone who considers issues before taking a stance, he has simply decided he's on the Left and then copies everything he thinks he's supposed to think. I bet there's not one subject that he doesn't have strong opinions on. Nuance be damned! Get thee behind me uncertainty!

It feel like the right time to quote Betrand Russell:

" The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. "

Sky Blue Pete

Both happen and the fact is there isn’t a Christian equivalent to not having images of Allah. It’s common practice in the Christian faith to have imagery of important figures of the faith. It’s a fundamental difference that means I can’t give a like for like example. But if there was a like for like equivalent I wouldn’t do that either. For the same reason.
Hasn’t always been the case of course

D

Deleted member 4439

Not sure the video was necessary. No one wants to see that.

Seriously? You don't think it educational? Far more worthy subject to be on any curriculum than discussing who's God of all things wise and wonderful is best, don't you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Evo1883

Seriously? You don't think it educational? Far more worthy subject to be on any curriculum than discussing who's God of all things wise and wonderful is best, don't you think?

Ultimately its not a nice video, but at the same time hasn't put me off bacon

shmmeee

Would you have told the suffragettes to leave the country if they don’t like the rules?
Would you have told the Poll Tax protesters to leave the country if they don’t like the rules?
No, of course you wouldn’t. All those people would have been “happier” elsewhere at that moment in time. Why should it be different this time.
I don’t think you’re the Tommy Robinson type for one moment but I’ll tell you what. All the Tommy Robinson types will be cheering your view on that and as a rule of thumb if Tommy Robinson types are saying it’s right chances are it’s wrong.

A racist told me the sky is blue, therefore is must be red. Makes sense.
wow you are seriously equating differing economic theory to this?

Weird

Do I think polticial and religious beliefs deserve equal respect? Yes I do.

Are you pretending to not understand analogies for faux offence because you’ve lost the argument? Yes you are.

Grendel

I think The Tonester has logged into his Obtuse account by mistake

D

Deleted member 4439

Why do they have to kill the chick's like that , I don't understand?

For what purpose I mean ?

And in terms of the method then it's because it's more efficient than stunning, though arguably as quick. Males calves are usually just shot.

Grendel

And in terms of the method then it's because it's more efficient than stunning, though arguably as quick. Males calves are usually just shot.

I must admit I never find the vegetarian argument much point on animal welfare when in fact the dairy industry is even worse

Grendel

I'll never understand people who eat fish, but not meat, on ethical grounds, either.

Then again, I suppose you can dial down contradictions in just about everything we do if you really want to.

I can see it actually in terms of sentient awareness

I guess in the end in 300 years people will be looking at our society with bewilderment at our barbarism in the same way we can’t understand why 300 years ago we bought and sold slaves

skybluetony176

A racist told me the sky is blue, therefore is must be red. Makes sense.

Do I think polticial and religious beliefs deserve equal respect? Yes I do.

Are you pretending to not understand analogies for faux offence because you’ve lost the argument? Yes you are.
You should take what I said literally instead of adding context to it. I quite clearly said chances are.

Evo1883

I'll never understand people who eat fish, but not meat, on ethical grounds, either.

Then again, I suppose you can dial down contradictions in just about everything we do if you really want to.
I mean we are strange in many ways ..I wouldn't eat a dog , but would eat a pig no problem .
That's the same with many fish and animals .

It would be different if we were hunting our own food purely to survive , I'd feel something for the animal but at the same time I was feeding my family.

Users who are viewing this thread