Scg (1 Viewer)

Grendel

In that case I propose Tony to join as well :p

Tony could serve the drinks.

Can the trust sub a taxi home after the meeting in the pub?

Grendel

Does the Squirrel have a 24 hour license and a hot tub?

Sorry if i am running the trust there's no allowing you and Tiny Tony to do that sort of thing in public.

dongonzalos

I don't think it was illegal activity. I have had another look and it is a Supporters Direct email address. I don't know who has access to those and why supporters direct would want to email them themselves.

I have been assured it was nobody from the trust board and I am inclined to believe it, so apologies!

I also didn't think it was the person you thought people may assume, I don't think it would have been his style.

What did the email from supporters direct actually say?

LB87ccfc

Sure, that's why there are over 130 posts (so far), you fecking idiot.

All talking aload of bollocks about an organisation that does not stand up for the fans and bends over backwards like a bunch of tarts whilst arguing with each other and being advised they dare not tell the fan base what they are doing or what has been achieved, yeah sounds great.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

All talking aload of bollocks about an organisation that does not stand up for the fans and bends over backwards like a bunch of tarts whilst arguing with each other and being advised they dare not tell the fan base what they are doing or what has been achieved, yeah sounds great.

What you mean is three or four individuals trying to stand up for the fans while the rest spend their time following the clubs agenda of removing the said three or four individuals.
But it's no wonder you have that attitude because that's City fans for you follow the board no matter what they do. I dislike Liverpool and their fans but when just a few of their fans were threatened with a price hike for next season thousands of them walked out of the ground and their board did a u turn. City fans? Accept any shit

Nick

Administrator
What you mean is three or four individuals trying to stand up for the fans while the rest spend their time following the clubs agenda of removing the said three or four individuals.
But it's no wonder you have that attitude because that's City fans for you follow the board no matter what they do. I dislike Liverpool and their fans but when just a few of their fans were threatened with a price hike for next season thousands of them walked out of the ground and their board did a u turn. City fans? Accept any shit
Wasn't it a fair vote throughout everybody?

Who are all the people who could vote? Are they all yes people?

Wasn't it a fair vote throughout everybody?

Who are all the people who could vote? Are they all yes people?

Steve has already said on here #122 that it was a fair vote and that club personnel could not vote. So, that implies that all those who exercised their right to vote were "supporters representatives".

I am interested to know what Sandra Garlick's credentials are as a Supporters' Rep though. As I understand it (I am prepared to be corrected) she originally was invited to attend SCG meetings as a liaison from the new Stadium Forum to which she was appointed by Tim Fisher. When it was clear that nothing was going to happen with a new Stadium for the foreseeable future, that Forum was mothballed. However, she was invited to remain on the SCG as a "regular member" in October 2014.

It seems to me that she does not represent any group of supporters, she has no project that she currently leads. Why is she even on the SCG, let alone considered to be an acceptable choice as Vice-Chair?

In the early part of this thread we had references to "Sky Blue Tits" and "Vultures". It seems to me this is a "Cuckoo".

dongonzalos

Is this the group where the amount of the fans you represent doesn't really carry any weight.
So you have all sorts of people representing all sorts of different weird and wonderful supporter groups.
So it could be the CCFC bury supporters club of 4 members.
(Just a hypothetical example. )
This person's vote carries the same weight the one person representing 2000 fans.

Sandra Garlick has a very impressive background to be fair to her.
She also did finally say no more stadium meetings till land is bought.
However it is strange to vote for someone who did not turn up to your meetings.

LB87ccfc

And that is exactly what pisses me right off with our fans, just bend over backwards and accept a few nice words here and their in their chimps meetings and brush all the real issues under the carpet so as long they keep the board attendees happy.

Garlick vice chair .. says it all what a bunch of wet farts we have running these meetings.

Good luck to those who it interests but my view is it offers absolute naff all to the fanbase and certainly not something I feel represents me.

Nick

Administrator

To be honest I can see a couple of them who might be "SISU Lovers" but most look like normal fans (never met them, just going through the statements by their name).

My impression is, it is a status thing... Judging by the description on there she is chair, vice chair of that, trustee of that, chair of this, chamber of commerce etc... Could be wrong.

On another note, I think they should update that to remove the crap about sixfields. It isn't a badge of honour to have stood on the hill or the other one about making a group about it, no need. Just get rid of that.

dongonzalos

Reading through that list it struck me that, and correct me if I'm wrong, there is a lack of a younger fan on on the board. Maybe there should be some representation for those 15-25 year old age bracket block 15 regulars?

That list is missing 7-8 people
Would be good to see the full list.

Nick

Administrator
Reading through that list it struck me that, and correct me if I'm wrong, there is a lack of a younger fan on on the board. Maybe there should be some representation for those 15-25 year old age bracket block 15 regulars?

I think CJ goes to them, he is a bit younger and is down with that sort of thing. Also don't know who the Darren Davies guy is, maybe he sits over there?

Steve.B50

I think CJ goes to them, he is a bit younger and is down with that sort of thing. Also don't know who the Darren Davies guy is, maybe he sits over there?

Darren Davies is not a younger guy (no offence Darren) he used to sit in block 15 but I believe is now over in main stand.
He is in the midst of setting up a North Warwickshire Supporters group. Am sure Darren and other members would like someone who has a Season ticket in the corner to come to a meeting.
There are two younger members, Rob Tidmarsh who helps Pat with the JSBs and CJ who although slightly over 25 now is also classed in the younger bracket.

Nick

Administrator
Darren Davies is not a younger guy (no offence Darren) he used to sit in block 15 but I believe is now over in main stand.
He is in the midst of setting up a North Warwickshire Supporters group. Am sure Darren and other members would like someone who has a Season ticket in the corner to come to a meeting.
There are two younger members, Rob Tidmarsh who helps Pat with the JSBs and CJ who although slightly over 25 now is also classed in the younger bracket.
No offence but any need for groups like that?

I can understand if somebody opens a bar and says it's a supporters club if that's what it is?

smouch1975

No offence but any need for groups like that?

I can understand if somebody opens a bar and says it's a supporters club if that's what it is?
Oi !

I represent the Perth Sky Blue supporters club.

Membership presently one

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Really struggle to see the point of the SCG in its current guise and make up. Most who sit on it do not represent anyone other than themselves. Who do the Chairperson and his vice chair person represent? Why is Ms Garlick a good future Chairperson? What makes her particular insight appropriate? Is this a formal group or is it just a talking shop?

Don't get me wrong there are some very good people on there, but do they need to be on the SCG to do what they do for us. I might be doing many of the others a dis-service but it seems they have no role other than to themselves but it sounds good to be on the mighty SCG

What has it achieved over the years ? Those that do represent identifiable sections of the fan base did they consult them as to who to vote for, or even what views they should put forward? Does a talking shop for a select few really need formal officers? Should it take a month or more to agree minutes of meeting - especially when this is supposed to be a timely link with the supporters, information should be a two way thing should it not?. Why does the Club edit the minutes, if something is so sensitive the club doesn't want it disclosed then don't provide that information at the SCG meeting. The club editing smacks of control doesn't it and that kind of defeats the purpose of the group doesn't it?

I can see a need for say an independent fan or two who represents no one, it should act as a form of balance, but the rest must have a way of canvassing the views of who they purport to represent, put those forward even if not their own view and then be able to report back promptly, properly and fully (not months later as sometimes has been the case)

Seems to be that the minutes of meeting are edited by the club, so that means the SCG is not independent of the club, and places those "in the know" in a privileged position. How else does the Club influence what the SCG says or does? Surely the object of the SCG is the distribution of information not its restriction, a two way conduit with the club we all support?

Tick box exercises on supporter connection to appease the Football League in the end fool no one because they end up achieving nothing other than frustration

As for the number of times that certain and often the same individuals have caused or allowed the SCG to descend in to a name calling ego trip or promotion of very specific agendas then that in itself says the whole set up is wrong and should mean the SCG is disbanded

I like NW's forum idea, I think it better suits the context and usefulness of these meetings. The present set up I have no faith in whatsoever, it seems to me the SCG represents very few of us.

Just my opinion

Last edited:

chiefdave

For me its simple. You draw up a list of who needs to be represented (younger supporters, older supporters, long distance, disabled etc). Then ask people who represent each ground to put themselves forward and have a vote. Then on a rolling basis (so you don't replace everyone at once) say every 12 - 24 months have a new vote, people can either stand for re-election or others can put themselves forward.

CCFC have a large database of supporters, can't be that hard to find a way to run a fair vote.

Then each section of the fanbase knows who represents them and who they need to speak to if they have an issue.

dongonzalos

For me its simple. You draw up a list of who needs to be represented (younger supporters, older supporters, long distance, disabled etc). Then ask people who represent each ground to put themselves forward and have a vote. Then on a rolling basis (so you don't replace everyone at once) say every 12 - 24 months have a new vote, people can either stand for re-election or others can put themselves forward.

CCFC have a large database of supporters, can't be that hard to find a way to run a fair vote.

Then each section of the fanbase knows who represents them and who they need to speak to if they have an issue.

Good idea......
Also it should be completely independent of the club. It should provide the club with the feedback from the fans and it should provide regular updates as the club responds to the feedback. The updates should be in a website.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread