Scg (1 Viewer)

Are AshbyJan or CJ not allowed to disclose this result? Robert Tidmarsh on Twitter said it's embargoed.

ashbyjan

The vote for the position of vice chair has been conducted and a winner has emerged but for some inexplicable reason the new Chair, Jonathan Strange has delayed the announcement. I did point out that it should have been an addendum to the minutes as people would start asking questions and jumping to conclusions - queue all the conspiracy theories but he would not budge. All I can reveal that its neither Joy Seppala nor Ann Lucas!

Note this is not some case of I know and I'm not telling etc - we have been told not to reveal it. Not sure why but have to play to the rules sometimes

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

The vote for the position of vice chair has been conducted and a winner has emerged but for some inexplicable reason the new Chair, Jonathan Strange has delayed the announcement. I did point out that it should have been an addendum to the minutes as people would start asking questions and jumping to conclusions - queue all the conspiracy theories but he would not budge. All I can reveal that its neither Joy Seppala nor Ann Lucas!

Note this is not some case of I know and I'm not telling etc - we have been told not to reveal it. Not sure why but have to play to the rules sometimes

Are they afraid of the outcome of the vote.?

I will start the conspiracy theories ...........
Does it show up the group to be one sided operation.?

Nick

Administrator
So what do people think is going on?

If people know already, but aren't allowed to say. Why would they delay it?

Do people think the vote was fixed?

Surely if they are delaying it because people won't be happy, they won't be happy in a month?

Sounds a bit power trippy to me.

ashbyjan

Kieran is just an innocent prawn in the eternal but deadly power struggle at the top of Spectre ooops I mean SCG!!

Nick

Administrator
So what's the conspiracy?

Surely the person will be the same now or in a month, so not as if they are fabricating anything.

I'm not saying there isn't one, just don't understand it :)

chiefdave

I can see the reason for not releasing minutes and things like that until everyone has agreed but this just seems stupid.

Steve.B50

This is getting out of pretext.

The SCG minutes are online to be seen by anyone who wants to read them.
Was a vote for vice chair last week as at last meeting Jonathan Strange took over from Peter Ward as Chair.
There was no fix and the vote was done democratically by all those who were able to vote.
No problems and like everyone who attended I have accepted the outcome.
If anyone has any genuine questions just ask me? If I can answer I will do so.

Steve
SBT

shmmeee

Still annoyed that they refused to put a thread in here the the normal fan to ask questions.
Hiding behind some people will use it to post abuse.
Nick and the other mods can remove those posts and deal with the individuals. The group should want to encourage fans to engage and get the questions asked that are important to them.

It's not like we can't abuse them without a thread, as this thread proves.

I'm with NW, just pick some names out a hat each month and run it like a focus group, this amateur Game of Thrones crap is just ridiculous.

Nick

Administrator
It's not like we can't abuse them without a thread, as this thread proves.

I'm with NW, just pick some names out a hat each month and run it like a focus group, this amateur Game of Thrones crap is just ridiculous.

It does remind me of that, they should spend less time messing about with the heirachy and get on with what it's there for. All this chair and vice chair, it's shite.

You have somebody designated for the minutes and then get on with it.

Nothing worse when you have to go into a meeting and they try to over structure it, over complicate it. It is even worse when somebody "opens" a meeting, just get to the point.

Joy Division

How long has the SCG been around for and what good things have been achieved from these meetings so far?

Genuinely interested, not having a pop or anything.

Nick

Administrator
How long has the SCG been around for and what good things have been achieved from these meetings so far?

Genuinely interested, not having a pop or anything.

Somebody got to be the chairperson and get some importance!!

(I think it has helped in seriousness)

skyblueinBaku

Somebody got to be the chairperson and get some importance!!

(I think it has helped in seriousness)

And somebody just got elected as the vice-chairman, and got a bit of importance (but not as much as the chairman). Pity that the identity of the newly elected vice-chaiman is a secret. :confused:

This is getting out of pretext.

The SCG minutes are online to be seen by anyone who wants to read them.
Was a vote for vice chair last week as at last meeting Jonathan Strange took over from Peter Ward as Chair.
There was no fix and the vote was done democratically by all those who were able to vote.
No problems and like everyone who attended I have accepted the outcome.
If anyone has any genuine questions just ask me? If I can answer I will do so.

Steve
SBT
Who stood for election?
Who won the election?
How many votes did each candidate receive?
If you are not allowed to answer those questions because of "protocol" when will supporters get to know?

Being told by Kieran Crowley that it will be in the next meeting minutes - ie Mid March probably - is not acceptable. This group is supposed to represent supporters to the club, not be accountable to the club management.

I'm not having a pop at you Steve, or CJ, Jan etc. but this secrecy about something that has been decided is just farcical and creates conspiracy theories.

Captain Dart

Kieran is just an innocent prawn in the eternal but deadly power struggle at the top of Spectre ooops I mean SCG!!

Doesn't look innocent to me.
Coldwater%2520Prawn_0.jpg

I read it as arrangements for election, but the candidates to be notified to Keiran Crowley, the election is to be held at later date.

"The deadline for voting will be 24.00 on Sunday 7 February. Kieran will inform JS of the outcome on Monday 8 February. JS will convey the result by e-mail to the group."

It's done, the Group have been informed, but the people they should be accountable to - ie the Supporters - are kept in the dark!

Captain Dart

"The deadline for voting will be 24.00 on Sunday 7 February. Kieran will inform JS of the outcome on Monday 8 February. JS will convey the result by e-mail to the group."

It's done, the Group have been informed, but the people they should be accountable to - ie the Supporters - are kept in the dark!

I deleted my post, after reading on & discovering that

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Let there be light

Steve.B50

Who stood for election?
Who won the election?
How many votes did each candidate receive?
If you are not allowed to answer those questions because of "protocol" when will supporters get to know?

Being told by Kieran Crowley that it will be in the next meeting minutes - ie Mid March probably - is not acceptable. This group is supposed to represent supporters to the club, not be accountable to the club management.

I'm not having a pop at you Steve, or CJ, Jan etc. but this secrecy about something that has been decided is just farcical and creates conspiracy theories.

Am not going to take it personally, so no worry about having a pop!

2 people stood for election
Been told we cannot publish the results although certain people do know who won and who lost, it was 5 votes to 11.
The minutes do take an excessive long time to come out but they have to be checked by the club before being published.

Am not going to take it personally, so no worry about having a pop!

2 people stood for election
Been told we cannot publish the results although certain people do know who won and who lost, it was 5 votes to 11.
The minutes do take an excessive long time to come out but they have to be checked by the club before being published.

But this isn't minutes, its an Election Result. Last time I checked, the club was in Coventry, not North Korea!

Are the SCG accountable to supporters or not? If "yes" then give us the information in a timely fashion. If "no" then all pack it in and don't waste your time and our expectations. Perhaps you'd pass those thoughts onto the Chair and Vice-Chair, whoever he/she may be.

SkyBlueZack

What is the reasoning behind not naming the winner? If it was a fair process and there is no objections, can't see why it's not been announced. It also appears that members of the SCG don't agree with a delayed announcement. When the winner is announced will there be an explanation as to the delay? Thanks.

Nick

Administrator
But this isn't minutes, its an Election Result. Last time I checked, the club was in Coventry, not North Korea!

Are the SCG accountable to supporters or not? If "yes" then give us the information in a timely fashion. If "no" then all pack it in and don't waste your time and our expectations. Perhaps you'd pass those thoughts onto the Chair and Vice-Chair, whoever he/she may be.
Surely there is something else behind the unhappiness with it? Are people that fussed about the vice chair of the scg. What power does it bring? Do they get to help carry the papers?

Surely there is something else behind the unhappiness with it? Are people that fussed about the vice chair of the scg. What power does it bring? Do they get to help carry the papers?
Vice-chair also becomes chair-elect for following year. Both Chair & vice-chair attend club Board Meetings I believe, to represent supporters interests.
I would say that it is of interest to fans who holds those positions ... but maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread