Scg (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Who amongst the fans reps do you think "plotted against [the club] with PR Companies" [Webber Shandwick]?
I don't know names to point any fingers.. It was in that court document last time around where they were on about targeting sepalla or something like that

I don't know names to point any fingers.. It was in that court document last time around where they were on about targeting sepalla or something like that

All sounds a bit insubstantial to me. In the absence of evidence - names, dates, who did what etc. - accusations of "plotting" ie. entering into a secret plan with one or more other persons to do something harmful or illegal - is pretty strong stuff.

There are readers who will make assumptions about who you are referring to from other posts in this thread. I am sure that is not what you intended, but you might like to clarify.

Nick

Administrator
All sounds a bit insubstantial to me. In the absence of evidence - names, dates, who did what etc. - accusations of "plotting" ie. entering into a secret plan with one or more other persons to do something harmful or illegal - is pretty strong stuff.

There are readers who will make assumptions about who you are referring to from other posts in this thread. I am sure that is not what you intended, but you might like to clarify.

I don't think it was illegal activity. I have had another look and it is a Supporters Direct email address. I don't know who has access to those and why supporters direct would want to email them themselves.

I have been assured it was nobody from the trust board and I am inclined to believe it, so apologies!

I also didn't think it was the person you thought people may assume, I don't think it would have been his style.

I don't think it was illegal activity. I have had another look and it is a Supporters Direct email address. I don't know who has access to those and why supporters direct would want to email them themselves.

I have been assured it was nobody from the trust board and I am inclined to believe it, so apologies!

Thanks.

letsallsingtogether

OK ok you got me.
Yes the SCG is now run by sisus hand picked people who actually represent no one, they are in ore of our marvelous open owners, and don't believe theRe are actually any problems.

PUSB

Nick

Administrator
OK ok you got me.
Yes the SCG is now run by sisus hand picked people who actually represent no one, they are in ore of our marvelous open owners, and don't believe theRe are actually any problems.

PUSB

I don't think there should be any politics in the SCG, it should be neutral and they should approach the club whether they are SISU or an arab billionaire. Just putting the points across that are raised professionally and to the point. Like I said I would much rather it was a clean sweep, if the club had beef with fans then they have a chat, clear it up and draw a line under it. There's a new guy at the Club's end so rebuild the SCG and have a fresh start.

I don't actually know some of the SCG people, you would think there would be some sort of representation on here like KingHarvest used to do though.

I'm not fussed if they are Pro SISU or Anti SISU, when they go into the meetings it should be putting points across from the fans for real issues like ticketing, matchday, online issues. None of this going in kicking off about the politics stuff. It reads like there has been too much trying to catch each other out going on rather than actually sorting shit out.

If there's a disabled bloke trying to order a ticket on his iPad, he can't get to the shop easily so can't really order a ticket. I am not fussed whether it is a SISU lover or a SISU hater who puts it forward in the meeting to sort it out, as long as they do. That's the sort of stuff I would expect to be sorted.

NorthernWisdom

you would think there would be some sort of representation on here like KingHarvest used to do though.

tbh I don't care about that. If they ran it properly like a focus group then they'd just pick a sample, and talk to them... and that'd probably be far more productive for them than trying to get the most popular sections and people involved.

The main problem with it was always the use of the minutes (which I assume were originally released as a perfectly valid nod to transparency) as some form of propaganda. That became... distateful to waste the time badgering people for whatever grievances were thought of outside of the meetings.

matesx

Whatever happened to Sandra Garlick?

she was getting us a new ground

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I agree it should just be about match day, ticket issues etc.

I don't think having certain people on the scg is going to go very far in keeping all fans compliant is it?

Right to answer your post compliance by division ie divide the supporters fill the SCG with people that represent nobody except themselves and attempt to get certain other reps kicked off,compliance by diversion ie instigate in fighting amongst the supporters to deflect attention from the real issues.
Finally the masterstroke compliance by misinformation(best I can come up with) ie tell the most voiciferous group,yes me included about Wasps before it was announced knowing that we would offer to help which we did to be then told we have it under control. Very clever knowing that surely they must know what they're doing:facepalm:again knowing that when it did come out it would be too late.

Nick

Administrator
Right to answer your post compliance by division ie divide the supporters fill the SCG with people that represent nobody except themselves and attempt to get certain other reps kicked off,compliance by diversion ie instigate in fighting amongst the supporters to deflect attention from the real issues.
Finally the masterstroke compliance by misinformation(best I can come up with) ie tell the most voiciferous group,yes me included about Wasps before it was announced knowing that we would offer to help which we did to be then told we have it under control. Very clever knowing that surely they must know what they're doing:facepalm:again knowing that when it did come out it would be too late.

But the thing is, they fill it up with yes men and they lose the point of it and people will lose faith. I don't agree with most of the stuff some of the hardcore SISU out people say, but they need to be on there as there needs to be a balance. As long as every meeting just isn't beef about politics and it gets left at the door.

If you have 10 people telling you everything you do is perfect, it is pointless as it never is. It is always better to get constructive criticism that is like "this isn't very good, this could be improved by x, y and z" rather than "oh wow we love it".

With the state of our fans at the minute being mixed, it will probably swing the wrong way for them.... They must surely know that.

I don't disagree with some of the stuff said because the club wants me to, most of the time it is because it is factually wrong and it is an easy internet point gained..... :)

I'd rather judge them on achievements (ie SCG pushed the club on ticketing system, disabled ordering online, shop issues etc) than what their political (SISU Lover, SISU hater, Council Lover) view is about it.

NorthernWisdom

If this is control, God help us when they lose it!

Terry Gibson's perm

No teaspoons in the Jaguar Lounge how do they cope the poor little lambs, also a new sponsor next nice another new kit then glad i didn't get my little boy one.

Nick

Administrator
http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/scg-coventry-city-meeting-minutes-100216-2947883.aspx

Latest Minutes of SCG now on Club Website. These refer to an election of new Vice-Chair but no covering note to say who stood or who won. (Strange .... Jonathan Strange!)
Haven't read it yet, all this election rubbish for chairs. Don't think it's needed, sounds like a status thing.

It's just going to tell the club beef to get stuff sorted.

Edit: Isn't it this bit?

SCG members wishing to put themselves forward for this position must e-mail JS by 24.00 on Sunday 31 January. The group will be advised of the candidates via e-mail on Monday 1 February. Kieran Crowley has kindly agreed to act as the returning officer. Members will need to e-mail their selection directly to Kieran. This will be handled in the strictest confidence. The deadline for voting will be 24.00 on Sunday 7 February. Kieran will inform JS of the outcome on Monday 8 February. JS will convey the result by e-mail to the group.

So in progress?

Haven't read it yet, all this election rubbish for chairs. Don't think it's needed, sounds like a status thing.

It's just going to tell the club beef to get stuff sorted.

Edit: Isn't it this bit?

So in progress?
should be over, SCG members all informed on Monday. So why the secrecy?

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

Was Tim F never in this group as he doesn't seem to be in the minutes and no apologies but can't see why he couldn't make as he must have next to nothing to do.

dongonzalos

Still annoyed that they refused to put a thread in here the the normal fan to ask questions.
Hiding behind some people will use it to post abuse.
Nick and the other mods can remove those posts and deal with the individuals. The group should want to encourage fans to engage and get the questions asked that are important to them.

Last edited:

skyblueinBaku

Still annoyed that they refused to put a thread in here the the normal fan to ask questions.
Nick and the other mods can remove those posts and deal with the individuals. The group should want to encourage fans to engage and get the questions asked that are important to them.

Don, that would oblige the SCG to do something useful, and deal with the hoi poloi. This, I suspect, would not be to their taste.

CJ_covblaze

No idea why that wouldn't be welcome. Surely the whole point of it is for fans to put their views forward. More than happy for anyone to send me anything they want bringing up for both the Trust and the SCG either on here or in private on [email protected]

Won't that be in the minutes from the meeting on Monday? If they are a month behind.

That says all scg members voted, did it not work like that?

Can understand not putting results in the Minutes. But as the Ballot has now been held, you might think the result would be announced by a covering note.
Kieran Crowley has told me via Twitter that they intend to announce in the next set of Minutes, so expect to know around mid- March.

Nick

Administrator
Can understand not putting results in the Minutes. But as the Ballot has now been held, you might think the result would be announced by a covering note.
Kieran Crowley has told me via Twitter that they intend to announce in the next set of Minutes, so expect to know around mid- March.

What's the issue with it?

Was it not a fair vote?

chiefdave

No idea why that wouldn't be welcome. Surely the whole point of it is for fans to put their views forward. More than happy for anyone to send me anything they want bringing up for both the Trust and the SCG either on here or in private on [email protected]

Might be good to have a pinned post of sub forum (maybe that needs posts approved by a mod to stop it descending into the usual) to keep everything in one place.

ashbyjan

I have been on here prior to most SCG meeting asking for questions and have fed back answers as quickly as possible. I am in agreement with Nick (first time for everything ;)) that the SCG needs totally reforming and becoming more representative and accountable. I would be happy to walk away if it meant that could be achieved - its certainly no ego trip for me. I have raised the subject of reform a couple of times but to be honest it is a bit like asking turkeys to vote for Christmas. Essentially its good that there is a conduit between the club and the supporters for a range of issues that affect the fans but it could certainly be better than it currently is.

Users who are viewing this thread