Scg (1 Viewer)

Steve.B50

But this isn't minutes, its an Election Result. Last time I checked, the club was in Coventry, not North Korea!

Are the SCG accountable to supporters or not? If "yes" then give us the information in a timely fashion. If "no" then all pack it in and don't waste your time and our expectations. Perhaps you'd pass those thoughts onto the Chair and Vice-Chair, whoever he/she may be.

I will ask the Chairperson again why we cannot announce who the Vice Chair is as this is all a little silly.

Steve.B50

Vice-chair also becomes chair-elect for following year. Both Chair & vice-chair attend club Board Meetings I believe, to represent supporters interests.
I would say that it is of interest to fans who holds those positions ... but maybe I'm wrong.

The new vice chair of the SCG is Sandra Garlick.

Shit storm heading in your direction!

Not Steve's fault, he stood against Ms Garlick. How can the SCG reps choose a Vice Chair who has attended less than 50% of the meetings since she became a "regular member" over someone who has only missed 1 meeting in the same period? In that time Sandra has made just 2 recorded contributions to discussions while Steve is actively involved on a regular basis.

This means no disrespect to Sandra: I have found her to be personable and professional on the two occasions we have met. But she is hardly "in touch" with the vast majority of supporters in my view.

Nick

Administrator
The new vice chair of the SCG is Sandra Garlick.

If true I am a bit confused, was she even part of the SCG to be voted?

That is a bit strange.

Surely no rule in asking each person who they voted for off the record, if the majority don't say here then....

Surely people must have known who was standing to know the options to vote?

Grendel

Does she attend Wasps matches?

CJ_covblaze

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

If true I am a bit confused, was she even part of the SCG to be voted?

That is a bit strange.

Surely no rule in asking each person who they voted for off the record, if the majority don't say here then....

Surely people must have known who was standing to know the options to vote?

Did she not transfer across from another group I forget we have so many, if it is true Steve stood against her and lost it shows what a load of shit that group is and should be dispanded.

Nick

Administrator
Was the vote fixed then?

Surely if she got 11 votes, those 11 were probably from a range of things rather than all SISU lovers? I could understand if it was 1 or 2. Just a bit baffled what those 11 know about her that we don;t.

Bit baffled about it.

Also, why does a Vice Chairperson automatically become chairperson?

CJ_covblaze

Did she not transfer across from another group I forget we have so many, if it is true Steve stood against her and lost it shows what a load of shit that group is and should be dispanded.

He did stand and was the only other candidate. 23 members were eligible. 5 for Steve, 11 for Sandra.

CJ_covblaze

Were there 7 abstentions or just club personnel not permitted a vote?

7 didn't vote. Not sure as to why that was.

CJ_covblaze

Who could have voted?

I'll ask to see if there can be an up to date list put on the club site and who they represent.

NorthernWisdom

It's not like we can't abuse them without a thread, as this thread proves.

I'm with NW, just pick some names out a hat each month and run it like a focus group, this amateur Game of Thrones crap is just ridiculous.

What I don't understand, is that to a degree the chair should be a club rep, who drives the questions forward to find things out to help the club.

(I appreciate I'm treating this somewhat naively as a research exercise for the club to find things out, but if the group had any purpose, that'd be exactly what they'd be running it for!)

NorthernWisdom

Loved this btw.

MG reported that the corporate service has been very poor recently e.g. wine being served in plastic beer mugs. There has been no draught beer in the Legends Lounge and the service on Boxing Day was very poor. There had also been rowdyism and a failure to observe dress requirements.

:claping hands:

Grendel

What percentage of the trust membership voted the current chairman in?

stupot07

Feck me all this over a being a chair / vice chair.

At the end of the day, the chair is there to make sure the meeting and agenda items run to time, and be a facilitator of discussions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

CJ_covblaze

Steve was voted on to the board like I was by the membership. Haven't received any complaints about the vote that made him Chair. A few months ago there was an opportunity for members to put themselves or others forward for election but we didn't receive a single nomination. Are you interested in joining the board? If you have anything worthwhile to add your nomination will be looked at like any other.

wingy

Think they only have two members?
I'm more interested why 7 appear to have abstained or not used their vote.
But In all honesty not that bothered by any of it.

Grendel

Steve was voted on to the board like I was by the membership. Haven't received any complaints about the vote that made him Chair. A few months ago there was an opportunity for members to put themselves or others forward for election but we didn't receive a single nomination. Are you interested in joining the board? If you have anything worthwhile to add your nomination will be looked at like any other.

My point is that no one gives a toss about either organisation and your post proves my point.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Tell you what I propose Grendel it would be fun

Users who are viewing this thread