Sarah Everard (1 Viewer)

Moff

It's unbelievable.
I have seen this story elsewhere as well because politics for all do tweet some absolute bollocks but this story is true.

This is possibly a misnomer and a misleading headline.
In the trial and pre sentencing they may ask for a service record or thoughts of people who worked with him. They will have had no idea that he was such a monster when they worked with him and his defence will have asked them questions about him. His defence will have used them to try to create a better side to this monster.
At the risk of contempt of court or perverting the course of justice they will have had to be honest about their time working with him regardless of the fact they thought he was a murdering piece of shit.

Skybluefaz

After all the years of looking at smarmy cunting police officers , treating people like fucking children and abusing power because they wear a uniform ... turns out it was them that needed to be investigated more than most all along .. absolute wanks
Trust in the police must be at an all time low.

Moff

After all the years of looking at smarmy cunting police officers , treating people like fucking children and abusing power because they wear a uniform ... turns out it was them that needed to be investigated more than most all along .. absolute wanks

Sorry but have you read the judges summary of the Police investigation into the Murder of Sarah Everard? Have a look. Not every Police Officer is a smarmy c**t, or a murderer.

I'm not a copper, but know some well. Their not cunts, there decent people trying to serve the public as best they can.
Wearing a Uniform doesn't make you a c**t. I thought you might understand that.

shmmeee

Sorry but have you read the judges summary of the Police investigation into the Murder of Sarah Everard? Have a look. Not every Police Officer is a smarmy c**t, or a murderer.

I'm not a copper, but know some well. Their not cunts, there decent people trying to serve the public as best they can.

Not all coppers but far too many of them. Not on the same level but the vast majority of my experiences with police have been poor. And I’m a nice middle class white man.

fernandopartridge

You're right but joining the police is probably pretty attractive to somebody who is predisposed to being a bully as it can in their eyes legitimise their behaviour

Moff

Not all coppers but far too many of them. Not on the same level but the vast majority of my experiences with police have been poor. And I’m a nice middle class white man.

The trouble is we are now in a society that are ingrained to mistrust all authority. That doesn't help.

My dealings have all been good, but then I know some good people in the Police. A few I know are ex squaddies, know how to deal with people, treat them right, and despair that a piece of shit like Couzens ever wore the Uniform...I think that's a view held by all.

Tory cuts haven't helped their cause, its scandalous when Boris complains about it, as it was his fucking party that cut the numbers in the first place.

shmmeee

You're right but joining the police is probably pretty attractive to somebody who is predisposed to being a bully as it can in their eyes legitimise their behaviour

Same as teaching/scouts attracts pedos and shoe shops attract foot fetishists. Don’t know what measures are taken to avoid the nutters in the police but they aren’t enough.

Moff

Same as teaching/scouts attracts pedos and shoe shops attract foot fetishists. Don’t know what measures are taken to avoid the nutters in the police but they aren’t enough.

Did you think all Lorry Drivers are murders because of Peter Sutcliffe, or builders because of Fred West.
Its easy to use that narrative.

shmmeee

Did you think all Lorry Drivers are murders because of Peter Sutcliffe, or builders because of Fred West.
Its easy to use that narrative.

Youre getting very defensive because you know and like some coppers and it’s stopping you reading what I’m writing. The Police attracts a certain personality type and doesn’t do enough to stop them joining or weed them out. That includes the nice coppers who seemingly turn a blind eye.

When I’ve been threatened with violence by coppers there’s always been at least two or three behind them doing nothing. I’m sure they’re very nice down the pub but their lack of action is allowing them to be tarred with the same brush. That’s what’s coming out from the Met as well: lots of people turning a blind eye to the bad apples.

Moff

Youre getting very defensive because you know and like some coppers and it’s stopping you reading what I’m writing. The Police attracts a certain personality type and doesn’t do enough to stop them joining or weed them out. That includes the nice coppers who seemingly turn a blind eye.

When I’ve been threatened with violence by coppers there’s always been at least two or three behind them doing nothing. I’m sure they’re very nice down the pub but their lack of action is allowing them to be tarred with the same brush. That’s what’s coming out from the Met as well: lots of people turning a blind eye to the bad apples.

You have no idea how my views are based, keep assuming.
Having an alternative opinion is being defensive in your book. I thought you were more intelligent than that.

shmmeee

You have no idea how my views are based, keep assuming.
Having an alternative opinion is being defensive in your book. I thought you were more intelligent than that.

I do have an idea because you posted it on this thread.

Again: no one is claiming all coppers are scum. They are claiming too many coppers are scum and the non scummy ones should be doing more to distance themselves if they don’t like being tarred with the same brush.

Can you address that actual point without silly “I guess all builders are Fred West” comments?

shmmeee

I used to teach.

I had to pass a DBS check every time I went to a new school as a teacher. I attended yearly safeguarding courses on how to spot abused kids. I had a cornucopia of rules and regulations around what I as a male teacher could and could not do around students, especially female students.

This is because sadly there are predators attracted to teaching. When a teacher was accused of something even mildly adjacent to inappropriate behaviour around students I made sure it was investigated because I don’t want predators in my profession. I didn’t run around social media saying #NotAllTeachers as a profession we asked what more could be done.

I see nothing like that from the police.

Moff

I used to teach.

I had to pass a DBS check every time I went to a new school as a teacher. I attended yearly safeguarding courses on how to spot abused kids. I had a cornucopia of rules and regulations around what I as a male teacher could and could not do around students, especially female students.

This is because sadly there are predators attracted to teaching. When a teacher was accused of something even mildly adjacent to inappropriate behaviour around students I made sure it was investigated because I don’t want predators in my profession. I didn’t run around social media saying #NotAllTeachers as a profession we asked what more could be done.

You see nothing like that from the Police because you probably haven't looked. Of course they don't do any background checks at all, criminal checks, you obviously don't do several assessment centres, psychometric testing and so forth. The reason you don't is because Shmeee doesn't know you do.

Do some research.

Nonces still get through to teaching and scum like Couzens to Policing. It isnt foolproof, but there are plenty of checks for both professions.

Nick

Administrator
I used to teach.

Is that why you don't teach any more?

Liquid Gold

You see nothing like that from the Police because you probably haven't looked. Of course they don't do any background checks at all, criminal checks, you obviously don't do several assessment centres, psychometric testing and so forth. The reason you don't is because Shmeee doesn't know you do.

Do some research.

Nonces still get through to teaching and scum like Couzens to Policing. It isnt foolproof, but there are plenty of checks for both professions.
Police officers have the recourse to use violence that the rest of us don't, including teachers.

It's fine if you generally support the police and have good interactions with them, I don't have the same experience as you, but I find it quite telling that those generally supportive of them in this thread are falling back to the same tactic of standing up for them and closing ranks like they do internally and not saying that they need to do more to protect the public from themselves.

I have no doubt there are good people in the police but they far too often turn a blind eye to what is in front of them. I've seen them abuse their power dozens of times and receive no consequences and not be challenged by those around them. That must be over 100 bad apples just from my personal experience.

If there are good police officers they need to be out there now saying "we're not doing enough, we need to change and improve" what we've had so far is a torrent of victim blaming and deflection meaning that the institution is corrupted.

Moff

Police officers have the recourse to use violence that the rest of us don't, including teachers.

It's fine if you generally support the police and have good interactions with them, I don't have the same experience as you, but I find it quite telling that those generally supportive of them in this thread are falling back to the same tactic of standing up for them and closing ranks like they do internally and not saying that they need to do more to protect the public from themselves.

I have no doubt there are good people in the police but they far too often turn a blind eye to what is in front of them. I've seen them abuse their power dozens of times and receive no consequences and not be challenged by those around them. That must be over 100 bad apples just from my personal experience.

If there are good police officers they need to be out there now saying "we're not doing enough, we need to change and improve" what we've had so far is a torrent of victim blaming and deflection meaning that the institution is corrupted.

So by being honest and stating what I have experienced is closing ranks. Its my life experience, if you don't like it don't comment.
Sorry I must make up some story of having a shit interaction so it fits in with your rhetoric.
Its pointless being honest with someone like you, when you have a ready made excuse to disparage what I have written.

Im out of this one.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The problem is the police close ranks and look out for each other. Any hint of an investigation and it all goes to pot.

stop blaming victims and police yourself, how can you have a WhatsApp group with a man nicknamed “the rapist” and fill it with racist, sexist and mysoginistic stuff.

unlike doctors, teachers and other professions etc. The police have powers to detain and use violence. There needs to be a full on crackdown on the police.

NorthernWisdom

It's probably fair to say that most police officers are alright, and there for the right reasons, but the police as an institution needs to do more to root out, and not provide a platform for, those who are there for anything but that! Along with doing more to stop them being there in the first place.

Liquid Gold

So by being honest and stating what I have experienced is closing ranks. Its my life experience, if you don't like it don't comment.
Sorry I must make up some story of having a shit interaction so it fits in with your rhetoric.
Its pointless being honest with someone like you, when you have a ready made excuse to disparage what I have written.

Im out of this one.
Lucky for you having positive experiences with the police. Maybe if you actually listened to what the rest of us are saying you'd see why there is such a big problem.

Users who are viewing this thread