Sarah Everard (1 Viewer)

David O'Day

If you have a psychopath on the loose, like this piece of shit, no lecture, law or culture change will help anyone in that same situation. I don't know the answer, but I suspect we will always have these isolated situations and we, as men will be unfairly called out every time.

sorry but he was enabled by the no action of the police who some of nicknamed him the rapist and didn't do anything when he exposed himself 2 weeks earlier in a Maccy D's

He used his fucking warrant card which he should not of been able to keep to pretend to arrest someone so he could abduct them

The system needs calling out as it's fucked

Frostie

Is that the CCTV of them by the road? It's fucking awful.

The thing is though, how on earth can somebody on the bus or the bus driver where that footage is from tell that is what's going on? I have watched it 10 times and you have no idea it's a copper. You can't really see if she's handcuffed. It just looks like a man and a woman stood there.

Obviously with hindsight it makes it chilling because we know what happened after.

I wouldn't look twice at what the CCTV shows if I drove past. Would anybody?

It says that a couple had seen him handcuffing her too but naturally assumed it was a legitimate arrest. The abuse of power is absolutely sickening.

Nick

Administrator
It says that a couple had seen him handcuffing her too but naturally assumed it was a legitimate arrest. The abuse of power is absolutely sickening.

Yeah, however he wasn't in uniform or a police car and on his own so that would look dodgy.

I always thought that handcuffs etc had to be handed back at the end of the shift?

Frostie

Barristers have to try that shit as it's their job and the operate on the taxi rank system that means they don't get to choose the defendant

Yeah I know, I know but I don't think I could honestly come out with the line "There are worse crimes" & sleep soundly at night.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah I know, I know but I don't think I could honestly come out with the line "There are worse crimes" & sleep soundly at night.

The only thing "potentially" worse is if he had done it to a child. There really is no long list of crimes that are worse. It really is the worst of the worst.

NorthernWisdom

It's hard, and I couldn't do it, but the best way to make sure the integrity of the law stands up is someone gets a fair defence. This fella has, and so we're all secure that the harshest punishment is indeed the right one.

Liquid Gold

I don't think he actually thinks that, his job is just to come up with arguments that test the law. He obviously had fuck all so just ended up with that and the guy is rightly stuck behind bars.

rob9872

I doubt it was women giving him the nickname let’s be honest. I think it’s a fair question, we’ve all had mates we think are a bit of a wrongun. What do we do? What can we do?

There’s two people I know who clearly hate women. One I wouldn’t be surprised if he did something one I’d seriously doubt it. That’s not enough to do anything though is it? Can’t go around shopping every creepy/angry guy we know. Should Marty get a knock at the door because he’s clearly got issues with women?

I don’t know, but it is an issue for men to involve themselves in IMO as it’s mostly men that these sorts of blokes show themselves to. We’re the ones that will see the early signs.
For balance, obviously I don't know so can only go off reports but apparently it was women who gave him said nickname becuase they found him creepy.

shmmeee

For balance, obviously I don't know so can only go off reports but apparently it was women who gave him said nickname becuase they found him creepy.

Thats fair, hadn’t read that. Same question though, what should we do? Lots of guys are creepy, it’s not a crime on its own.

Nick

Administrator
Just looked

The sick killer had originally been nicknamed “The Rapist” in his former job at the Civil Nuclear Constabulary because women found him creepy, but it wasn’t enough to prevent him joining the Met.

Marty

I doubt it was women giving him the nickname let’s be honest. I think it’s a fair question, we’ve all had mates we think are a bit of a wrongun. What do we do? What can we do?

There’s two people I know who clearly hate women. One I wouldn’t be surprised if he did something one I’d seriously doubt it. That’s not enough to do anything though is it? Can’t go around shopping every creepy/angry guy we know. Should Marty get a knock at the door because he’s clearly got issues with women?

I don’t know, but it is an issue for men to involve themselves in IMO as it’s mostly men that these sorts of blokes show themselves to. We’re the ones that will see the early signs.

You're more then welcome to pop round and knock on my door anytime.

clint van damme

Good point.
I shall edit my post to remove her name as she is irrelevant to this case.
Shall I remove the names Katie Hopkins and Kirsty Allsop too, since though I agree they are idiots, their ill-judged comments have been selected for special censure on this thread?
Or shall I let the posters who chose to highlight them do that even though I see them as irrelevant?

I brought up Kirsty Allsop because a father posted on twitter a post almost identical to Shmmees about what do you tell your daughters about the police now and that was her response.
If that response had been from anyone I would have hilighted it and the trigger fordoingso was how similar Shmmeees post and the one onTwitter were.

David O'Day

I brought up Kirsty Allsop because a father posted on twitter a post almost identical to Shmmees about what do you tell your daughters about the police now and that was her response.
If that response had been from anyone I would have hilighted it and the trigger fordoingso was how similar Shmmeees post and the one onTwitter were.

She is a proper twunt, hated in her little village after fleeing london in lockdown and potentially bringing the virus to them

Sky Blue Pete

Yes listening to her parents statment i couldnt compute how they must feel. just so shocking and sad. im a really liberal person but its hard to justify keeping someone who could do that alive when they were in a position of trust. I just hope he has an awful time of it as an ex cop in prison.
He’ll be in cat a for the rest of his life.

shmmeee

You're more then welcome to pop round and knock on my door anytime.

I don’t think you’re a wrongun, just that you’ve posted some anti woman stuff. I don’t think you’re about to go kidnap some bird. So my point was even though I agree we should be on the lookout what are you supposed to do?

I’m just going to shut up and stop digging.

Evo1883

Really feel for the parents , I don't know how I'd ever be able to come to terms with what happened if it was me . Worst imaginable nightmare 😔

JAM See

I don’t think you’re a wrongun, just that you’ve posted some anti woman stuff. I don’t think you’re about to go kidnap some bird. So my point was even though I agree we should be on the lookout what are you supposed to do?

I’m just going to shut up and stop digging.
There's a LOT of people (me included) who've posted comments about The Wife/Missus/Ball&Chain etc. on here.

Not so many who make racist 'jokes', or post homophobic comments.

Maybe it's time to look in the mirror.

shmmeee

There's a LOT of people (me included) who've posted comments about The Wife/Missus/Ball&Chain etc. on here.

It’s a funny thing banter.

To take it away from sex for a moment, most integrated school I taught at was in Oadby, large Asian population but not split down racial lines for friendship groups like many schools I taught at. Very well integrated, very happy, a real model school for a multicultural society.

Huge amounts of race based piss taking at their own and other races. But good natured.

I’ve taught at schools where there’s the African corridor and the Polish corridor and the English corridor, schools where kids played black vs white football games at break.

Nothing in the open, but lots of resentment and hostility under the surface.

I think a community at ease can do things that would be abhorrent in another community. It’s hard to explain and I think about it a lot, but it makes hard and fast rules very hard to define.

Like all measures it’s a proxy for the unmeasurable isn’t it? The language policing isn’t what matters, the underlying respect does, but that’s far harder to foster and almost impossible to measure tangibly so we focus on what we can measure and identify.

How do we get all men to see women as fully formed people? I don’t know the answer but I’m not sure it’s policing jokes about the person they often love the most. Equally there’s some really unsettling attitudes sometimes on display that are hard to separate.

Like all equality I suppose it’s a long hard road with lots of exposure and empathy along the way. Doesn’t help the here and now though and easy to say when you’re in the dominant class.

rob9872

Sorry JAM, disagree with this. I agree there's a line that shouldn't be crossed, but good natured humour where your Mrs is the butt of the joke is fine. Women in general, perhaps not so much, but I think we know what's acceptable and I don't see anything here over the top. You could argue that's because I'm male, but I'm also white and straight, yet know if someones being a dick on race or sexuality.

Users who are viewing this thread