Sarah Everard (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Not true though is it. Fart at the wrong moment and the police will be serving regs on you. And if they don't, the IOPC will be happy to lynch you as part of their witch hunt.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Is this a fucking parody? Playing the victim when we’re talking about police murdering a woman.

Nick

Administrator
Good point.
I shall edit my post to remove her name as she is irrelevant to this case.
Shall I remove the names Katie Hopkins and Kirsty Allsop too, since though I agree they are idiots, their ill-judged comments have been selected for special censure on this thread?
Or shall I let the posters who chose to highlight them do that even though I see them as irrelevant?

Can you go through the other threads to check too?

Nick

Administrator

To be honest, the way CVD posted it sounds a lot lot worse than that link says.

150 out of 32,000 but it doesn't say how many are fraud, assault, and drug offences. It's less than 0.5% of London Police Officers.

It's hard to say without knowing specific examples, of course it doesn't excuse somebody being known as the "Rapist" working in the police without being investigated. Neither does it excuse the complaint about him not being acted on.

Just pointing out the balance.

Hertsccfc

Two things that stood out to me, maybe we’re known before but I hadn’t been following:

- He had the nickname of “the rapist” among friend (colleagues?). Who knew what beforehand to give him this nickname?
- He Used his handcuffs and police status to kidnap her in broad daylight in front of witnesses. That’s just chilling and as the parent of two girls I’ve no idea what to tell them to keep them safe, or as a bystander what is do in such a situation.
I agree although I think it was dark at the time?

Bennettbarnet

Is this a fucking parody? Playing the victim when we’re talking about police murdering a woman.
Who's playing the victim? Just pointing out the inaccuracy of "police murdering a woman". The police deserve their criticisms and of that there are many, I'm not sure its fair to say they murdered a woman though.

Bennettbarnet

This has to be taken into context. A drug offence could have been given a cannabis warning when they were 17! Assault could have been that they were deemed to have acted out of proportion when using force. And there is no one that is in the job that has been convicted of fraud. Just wouldn't happe.

Nick

Administrator
If you let me know how many threads there are about male violence which censure the comments or behaviour of women I'm happy to help.

There are hundreds of threads which slate males and slate quotes / views from males.

Have a look in the politics one for things said about Boris Johnson or "Political Commentators" (both male and female).

Liquid Gold

Who's playing the victim? Just pointing out the inaccuracy of "police murdering a woman". The police deserve their criticisms and of that there are many, I'm not sure its fair to say they murdered a woman though.

I think it’s entirely fair given what he was allowed to get away with and the way he carried it out.

You think it’s all fine though so nothing will change and we’ll wait till something else happens to say “one bad apple” all over again.

shmmeee

I agree although I think it was dark at the time?

Sorry should’ve said in public and a well lit area. The level of light isn’t the main point though. People saw it happen and did nothing because what would you do?

Bennettbarnet

I think it’s entirely fair given what he was allowed to get away with and the way he carried it out.

You think it’s all fine though so nothing will change and we’ll wait till something else happens to say “one bad apple” all over again.
What are you talking about? How do you mean that he was allowed to get away with it?

Nick

Administrator

I think of course they need to look into how he wasn't looked into if it was well known he was a wrongun. Why wasn't the complaint about him dealt with? Why did he still have his cuffs off duty? (I assumed they left them at the station like they would a gun etc). If colleagues called him the Rapist, why and how was he still a copper or not investigated?

As for saying it is all of the police, it's not.

shmmeee

A serving police officer used the status and equipment given to him to murder a woman after his colleagues had suspicions and didn’t act on them. Is that better?

Nick

Administrator
A serving police officer used the status and equipment given to him to murder a woman after his colleagues had suspicions and didn’t act on them. Is that better?

Has it been said who had the suspicions etc or have they been witnesses in court etc?

Yep, especially as police officers they should be reporting it and getting it dealt with.

oakey

"If you let me know how many threads there are about male violence which censure the comments or behaviour of women I'm happy to help"

There are hundreds of threads which slate males and slate quotes / views from males.

Have a look in the politics one for things said about Boris Johnson or "Political Commentators" (both male and female).
So none then? Saves me looking

Liquid Gold

I think of course they need to look into how he wasn't looked into if it was well known he was a wrongun. Why wasn't the complaint about him dealt with? Why did he still have his cuffs off duty? (I assumed they left them at the station like they would a gun etc). If colleagues called him the Rapist, why and how was he still a copper or not investigated?

As for saying it is all of the police, it's not.
There is a culture in the police to protect their own and not the public

Nick

Administrator

You made the same comment in the Katie Price thread which had nothing to do with Male Violence.

There are plenty of threads and posts that are aimed negatively about males.

shmmeee

Think you’re a bit off here Oakey. It’s chance that the disgusting comment was from Allsop, my aside calling her a Hobbycraft Katie Hopkins is neither here nor there in terms of blaming male violence.

Same with who runs the Met.

Cleary the worst is saved for the police as a whole (mostly male but we don’t know specific names) his mates (again likely male but anonymous) and the guy himself.

oakey

Think you’re a bit off here Oakey. It’s chance that the disgusting comment was from Allsop, my aside calling her a Hobbycraft Katie Hopkins is neither here nor there in terms of blaming male violence.

Same with who runs the Met.

Cleary the worst is saved for the police as a whole (mostly male but we don’t know specific names) his mates (again likely male but anonymous) and the guy himself.
I agree with your main point.
And yet it still seems curiously to deflect attention away from the main issue, which is a culture which allows this stuff to happen.
Wouldn't mind betting there's plenty of such deflecting in police canteens right now.

Nick

Administrator
And yet it still seems curiously to deflect attention away from the main issue, which is a culture which allows this stuff to happen.
Wouldn't mind betting there's plenty of such deflecting in police canteens right now.

Nobody is deflecting from the bloke who did it?

The person in charge of the police force is female, it's not like a random woman police officer is being mentioned / blamed.

shmmeee

Normally I’d agree, it’s certainly an endemic problem with VAWG, but I just don’t think it’s happening here. No victim blaming certainly. And questions being asked of men who may have knew and did nothing, whoever they were.

As I said my main concern is how could I act to stop it (I don’t have any friends I call rapist for a laugh, but should I be quicker to do something when I suspect a mate? What should I do? What would I do if I saw a lone copper handcuffing a woman in the street?) and how can I help protect the woman and girls in my life (answers on a postcard?).

oakey

You made the same comment in the Katie Price thread which had nothing to do with Male Violence.

There are plenty of threads and posts that are aimed negatively about males.
Not interested in negativity towards males. Vast majority hate these crimes as much as women do and would love to be able to stop it.
More interested in pointing out the culture that enables the dangerous ones.
Maybe some men need to listen to what women like me are saying rather than getting defensive or labelling us misandrists.

Sbarcher

Normally I’d agree, it’s certainly an endemic problem with VAWG, but I just don’t think it’s happening here. No victim blaming certainly. And questions being asked of men who may have knew and did nothing, whoever they were.

As I said my main concern is how could I act to stop it (I don’t have any friends I call rapist for a laugh, but should I be quicker to do something when I suspect a mate? What should I do? What would I do if I saw a lone copper handcuffing a woman in the street?) and how can I help protect the woman and girls in my life (answers on a postcard?).
If you have a psychopath on the loose, like this piece of shit, no lecture, law or culture change will help anyone in that same situation. I don't know the answer, but I suspect we will always have these isolated situations and we, as men will be unfairly called out every time.

Nick

Administrator
Not interested in negativity towards males. Vast majority hate these crimes as much as women do and would love to be able to stop it.
More interested in pointing out the culture that enables the dangerous ones.
Maybe some men need to listen to what women like me are saying rather than getting defensive or labelling us misandrists.

So what was the issue with the Katie Price thread?

It isn't getting defensive, it's pointing out you aren't right with what you are trying to throw around across multiple threads.

I didn't see you in the Tommy Robinson thread pointing out female pricks for balance either, as an example.

shmmeee

If you have a psychopath on the loose, like this piece of shit, no lecture, law or culture change will help anyone in that same situation. I don't know the answer, but I suspect we will always have these isolated situations and we, as men will be unfairly called out every time.

Not sure it’s unfair. The stats are fairly clear that it’s a male issue.

Nick

Administrator

That's the thing, if people who knew about him were men, women, dogs or cats and didn't say anything then they would be slated.

Cressida Dick is being called into it and slated because she's in charge of the police and happens to be female.

shmmeee

That's the thing, if people who knew about him were men, women, dogs or cats and didn't say anything then they would be slated.

Cressida Dick is being called into it and slated because she's in charge of the police and happens to be female.

I doubt it was women giving him the nickname let’s be honest. I think it’s a fair question, we’ve all had mates we think are a bit of a wrongun. What do we do? What can we do?

There’s two people I know who clearly hate women. One I wouldn’t be surprised if he did something one I’d seriously doubt it. That’s not enough to do anything though is it? Can’t go around shopping every creepy/angry guy we know. Should Marty get a knock at the door because he’s clearly got issues with women?

I don’t know, but it is an issue for men to involve themselves in IMO as it’s mostly men that these sorts of blokes show themselves to. We’re the ones that will see the early signs.

oakey

No issue with Cressida Dick being cited.
If she has presided over a cock up she should go. Although I literally have no idea if that is the case

Liquid Gold

I doubt it was women giving him the nickname let’s be honest. I think it’s a fair question, we’ve all had mates we think are a bit of a wrongun. What do we do? What can we do?

There’s two people I know who clearly hate women. One I wouldn’t be surprised if he did something one I’d seriously doubt it. That’s not enough to do anything though is it? Can’t go around shopping every creepy/angry guy we know. Should Marty get a knock at the door because he’s clearly got issues with women?

I don’t know, but it is an issue for men to involve themselves in IMO as it’s mostly men that these sorts of blokes show themselves to. We’re the ones that will see the early signs.
I think you're right but there is this culture around masculinity that if you kick up a fuss you're being a twat or can't take a joke etc.

That's what needs to change and it's something we can all do. Call out blokes being twats and support people calling out blokes for being twats.

Nick

Administrator
The video is absolutely chilling.

Is that the CCTV of them by the road? It's fucking awful.

The thing is though, how on earth can somebody on the bus or the bus driver where that footage is from tell that is what's going on? I have watched it 10 times and you have no idea it's a copper. You can't really see if she's handcuffed. It just looks like a man and a woman stood there.

Obviously with hindsight it makes it chilling because we know what happened after.

I wouldn't look twice at what the CCTV shows if I drove past. Would anybody?

Nick

Administrator

That's the thing, everybody who knew of him being known as that / called him that should be dragged in by people at the top and dealt with.

I'm not saying it's right if you have a male friend who hates women but when you are working as a police officer and it's a colleague it's a bit different.

Users who are viewing this thread