Sarah Everard (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clint van damme

People won't say what they want to be done, it won't be constructive. It will just fade out until something happens in the news where the busy cunts of the community can arrange a clap at a certain time to post on Facebook.

Football is a majority male watched sport from kids up to adults, why not a targetted campaign through football clubs with hard hitting videos on social media (until we can go back to games?)

People need to stop saying "us men need to do something", yeah tell us what needs to be done then with actual ideas that are constructive.

Women are saying they want to hold vigils.
According to you none of them are genuine. Proves my point.

According to you not one person involved in a protest or gesture in this country has been genuine. I really would hate to have such a low opinion.of my fellow humans.

Ian1779

People won't say what they want to be done, it won't be constructive. It will just fade out until something happens in the news where the busy cunts of the community can arrange a clap at a certain time to post on Facebook.

Football is a majority male watched sport from kids up to adults, why not a targetted campaign through football clubs with hard hitting videos on social media (until we can go back to games?)

People need to stop saying "us men need to do something", yeah tell us what needs to be done then with actual ideas that are constructive.
I think theres something that can be done in schools with young boys. I read somewhere there is already an empathy gap between boys and girls by the time kids hit 13.

clint van damme

I meant more about the poor victim than violence against women, the majority won't know her name in a few months after the bandwagon is gone and they will be onto something else.

It's not really labelling a group based on no evidence is it?

Yes it is. You do it all the time. It's bizarre

Grendel

Nick

Administrator
Yes it is. You do it all the time. It's bizarre

As I said, go and look at how the NHS clapping thread turned out.

It is very naive to think people who jump on organising things like this don't do it for their own gain and self status. Christ you only have to stick the name of the "co-organiser" of the vigils all over the news to see that as well.

The point is, it will be a bandwagon where people jump on it. Go to the media to get their names in the paper, get likes on Facebook and show they loved the poor victim more than everybody else by clapping the loudest or having the biggest candle. Add in how much of it will all be political as well and you have people trying to make this poor girl's murder all about them.

Of course, run campaigns if there is stuff that can be done by normal men who have no interest in harming women. As Ian has also said try doing stuff in schools as well.

Grendel

Do we really think sympathy is the main motive for Jo

clint van damme

As I said, go and look at how the NHS clapping thread turned out.

It is very naive to think people who jump on organising things like this don't do it for their own gain and self status. Christ you only have to stick the name of the "co-organiser" of the vigils all over the news to see that as well.

The point is, it will be a bandwagon where people jump on it. Go to the media to get their names in the paper, get likes on Facebook and show they loved the poor victim more than everybody else by clapping the loudest or having the biggest candle.

Of course, run campaigns if there is stuff that can be done by normal men who have no interest in harming women. As Ian has also said try doing stuff in schools as well.

It's not naive at all. It would be naive to think there aren't any attention seekers involved. Of course there are.

It would be equally naive to think everyone involved is disingenuous. Of course there are people involved who genuinely care.

For exqmple? clapped the NHS, you only have to look at my posting history to see how much I care about it. Of course there were cunts who had to start letting off fireworks to be bigger than everyone else. But that doesn't undermine everyone involved.

I'm not sure this making out everyone is an attention seeker isn't your way of giving you an excuse to just dismiss everything and ignore issues because theres got to be a reason behind such an illogical stance.

Nick

Administrator
It's not naive at all. It would be naive to think there aren't any attention seekers involved. Of course there are.

It would be equally naive to think everyone involved is disingenuous. Of course there are people involved who genuinely care.

For exqmple? clapped the NHS, you only have to look at my posting history to see how much I care about it. Of course there were cunts who had to start letting off fireworks to be bigger than everyone else. But that doesn't undermine everyone involved.

I'm not sure this making out everyone is an attention seeker isn't your way of giving you an excuse to just dismiss everything and ignore issues because theres got to be a reason behind such an illogical stance.

Not at all, it is very logical. I'd much rather actual solutions.

I haven't ignored any issues, I have said people need to tell men what they want them to do.

As I said, have a look at the people making statements about the vigils. Full time activists who are going to drop lucky by finding one that gets them some attention for a bit and something to put on their political CV.

I am using nothing but logic about it all.

clint van damme

Do we really think sympathy is the main motive for Jo

He's wrong.
T
Not at all, it is very logical. I'd much rather actual solutions.

I haven't ignored any issues, I have said people need to tell men what they want them to do.

As I said, have a look at the people making statements about the vigils. Full time activists who are going to drop lucky by finding one that gets them some attention for a bit and something to put on their political CV.

I am using nothing but logic about it all.

and as I said, i'm not denying there are attention seekers, but you're dismissing everyone.
You mentioned Ians suggestion, the fact this discussion is taking place is what prompted him to post it, that's how it works.
Nothing gets solved overnight and certainly not on a football message board.

You still can't bring yourself to say not everyone involved in a protest of a gesture such as the NHS clapping isn't an attention seeker and some are genuine. Sorry, but that is very illogical.

Nick

Administrator
He's wrong.
T

and as I said, i'm not denying there are attention seekers, but you're dismissing everyone.
You mentioned Ians suggestion, the fact this discussion is taking place is what prompted him to post it, that's how it works.
Nothing gets solved overnight and certainly not on a football message board.

You still can't bring yourself to say not everyone involved in a protest of a gesture such as the NHS clapping isn't an attention seeker and some are genuine. Sorry, but that is very illogical.

I am on about the gestures as a whole, stick the names of people making statements about it into Google and trying to get their minute of fame. The first 5 I found are all wannabe politicians / campaigners etc who have all jumped on it.

Of course there will be people who have suffered in the same way or just care for the cause, the same as people cared for the NHS because of their relatives working there etc.

At the end of the day, it is just an empty gesture that people jump on to try and make it about themselves and get their name about.

Yes, there does need to be campaigns. As said schools / football etc, a predominantly male football forum is ideal. A millenial ex president of every committee at university shouting about men being bad trying to get people to clap on demand or light a candle when they say isn't going to do shit either.

It's like I say about most stuff, it's all politics. People, media, organisations will jump on it just to push their own politics and what they want. The actual victim gets forgotten in it all.

Evo1883

I am on about the gestures as a whole, stick the names of people making statements about it into Google and trying to get their minute of fame. The first 5 I found are all wannabe politicians / campaigners etc who have all jumped on it.

Of course there will be people who have suffered in the same way or just care for the cause, the same as people cared for the NHS because of their relatives working there etc.

At the end of the day, it is just an empty gesture that people jump on to try and make it about themselves and get their name about.

Yes, there does need to be campaigns. As said schools / football etc, a predominantly male football forum is ideal. A millenial ex president of every committee at university shouting about men being bad trying to get people to clap on demand or light a candle when they say isn't going to do shit either.

It's like I say about most stuff, it's all politics. People, media, organisations will jump on it just to push their own politics and what they want. The actual victim gets forgotten in it all.

Social media is full of it tbh, for self gain, I get what you're saying

Nick

Administrator
Social media is full of it tbh, for self gain, I get what you're saying
It's all about exposure and division, the bandwagon. People getting their faces about and a " campaign" to put on their cv.

Of course there are women who will think strongly about the cause but I doubt most of them have run to the papers to give their statements like these pricks have.

SBT

I’ve spoken to quite a few friends of mine here who are absolutely furious and upset by this story, and will be going to the vigil tonight. Not one of them has posted about it on social media or made a big deal about it - not that would it matter to me if they did (that’s how these things get organised, after all). But I’ve never seen this kind of collective reaction from my female friends. Who am I to tell them that they’re just doing it for attention? I have no idea what they’ve been through and how this story has affected them. Isn’t that the point?

NorthernWisdom

What does a drink driver look like?
We have campaigns against drunk driving which are aimed at everyone.
I've never drunk drove in my life (one of the fee stupid things I've managed to avoid), , I've no problem seeing posters and adverts about it if it helps.

I'm not a problem gambler, but it's just been made a lot more difficult for me to put money into my account. If that helps then I'll suffer the inconvenience.

And if there's a campaign aimed at stopping violence against women I'm.happy to indulge,.if there's suggestions like crossing the road, I'm happy to comply.
Yup, it's making clear that culturally it's unacceptable - no more normalising she said yes so that those on the cusp recognise certain behaviour as wrong rather than being condoned and setting them down the path.

No mocking Anne Lucas for her response to us signing King, suggesting she'd be sneaking in if we win a few games, belittling her support for domestic violence charities.

Instead, making the cultural reaction that certain behaviours are wrong.

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I’ve spoken to quite a few friends of mine here who are absolutely furious and upset by this story, and will be going to the vigil tonight. Not one of them has posted about it on social media or made a big deal about it - not that would it matter to me if they did (that’s how these things get organised, after all). But I’ve never seen this kind of collective reaction from my female friends. Who am I to tell them that they’re just doing it for attention? I have no idea what they’ve been through and how this story has affected them. Isn’t that the point?

Did they go to vigils after the Rotherham scandal?

Evo1883

was there a vigil, did you organise one?
Perhaps there should have been, but lets use that as an excuse to sweep the current increase in incidences of femicide under the carpet eh?
What was that you were saying about politicising the issue?!
Always wondered but never asked... Who is that in your profile picture mate

clint van damme

Always wondered but never asked... What is your profile picture mate

Zakia Hussein, first female Brigadier General in Somalia.
Saw a documentary about her. Has given it to ISIS affiliate Al Shabaab and they've put a price on her head, she doesn't give a fuck, a proper bad ass.
Have been on the verge of changing it back to something to something CCFC related.

Grendel

Grendel

Wekk
I can see why a doddering prog rock fan with a job in middle management and an internet addiction might find it unbelievable that someone has multiple female friends. But I can assure you it’s all true.

im sure it is. The convenient truth.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

was there a vigil, did you organise one?
Perhaps there should have been, but lets use that as an excuse to sweep the current increase in incidences of femicide under the carpet eh?
What was that you were saying about politicising the issue?!

I didn't organise a vigil for either, I'm just highlighting how people will jump on one bandwagon and not the other.

The ones that started politicising it are the ones now getting offended. Funny how the moral high ground works.

clint van damme

I didn't organise a vigil for either, I'm just highlighting how people will jump on one bandwagon and not the other.

The ones that started politicising it are the ones now getting offended. Funny how the moral high ground works.

I think it's working both ways to be honest.
Both are examples of women, and in the case of Rotherham and the other towns involved, underage girls, being treated like shit.
As a society, I hope we can do better. In preventing such crimes and in dealing with them when they do happen.

shmmeee

I don’t get why you’re playing abused women off against abused kids, but if you must it’s probably because women can organise themselves and they’re 50% of the population and male violence is far more prevalent than abuse gangs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread