Sarah Everard (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saddlebrains

Anyone else been following this on the news?

Just started coming through on the news they've cordoned off a road where she was last seen, shitload of police and forensics.

Doesn't seem like there is going to be a good ending to it :(

wingy

Anyone else been following this on the news?

Just started coming through on the news they've cordoned off a road where she was last seen, shitload of police and forensics.

Doesn't seem like there is going to be a good ending to it :(
Bugger .
I have found the police pr activity around this a little bit bemusing .

chiefdave

As soon as the police get involved and appeals are being made in national media you fear the worst.

Saddlebrains

I agree. It is weird.

She is actually a friend of a friend. She had been somewhere she wasn't supposed to have been and was walking home. I think that has something to do with the strange coverage. What have you noticed?

Oh really? Small world at times isnt it?

I agree the police seem to have been very tight lipped and stand offish in regards to MSM articles.

This has fascinated me as it seems she just completely vanished off a busy road in London within 2 minutes of ending a call to her partner

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Oh really? Small world at times isnt it?

I agree the police seem to have been very tight lipped and stand offish in regards to MSM articles.

This has fascinated me as it seems she just completely vanished off a busy road in London within 2 minutes of ending a call to her partner

I think they know something that they aren't saying. Whether that was something as small as she was not following Covid rules, whether she was being stalked, or maybe she was visiting someone her boyfriend didn't know about. The whole story is off.

The fact they are searching ponds with forensic teams is also a concern.

Saddlebrains

I think they know something that they aren't saying. Whether that was something as small as she was not following Covid rules, whether she was being stalked, or maybe she was visiting someone her boyfriend didn't know about. The whole story is off.

The fact they are searching ponds with forensic teams is also a concern.

I think this is whats tickled my interest so to speak. Nothing seems cut and dried about it at all. Too many holes in it. But i suppose whatever it is they've come across today is important. You dont send CSI in and close a major london arterial road for hours on end for anything else

Saddlebrains

The police now searching a wooded area in Deal, Kent according to sky news.

2 hour drive from where she was last seen!

The plot thickens again

xcraigx

I've just been on the BBC website to look for updates. There's around 50 clickable stories on the front page (some appearing twice), this one isn't one of them yet if you go to the top 10 most read stories this sits at number 1. What's that all about?

bezzer

I've just been on the BBC website to look for updates. There's around 50 clickable stories on the front page (some appearing twice), this one isn't one of them yet if you go to the top 10 most read stories this sits at number 1. What's that all about?

Don't know what BBC news page you're looking at but here - Home - BBC News it's the headline story.

Nick

Administrator
Copper has been named quickly but hasnt been charged.

It's usually also pretty fucked up when it's a man and woman involved.

xcraigx

Don't know what BBC news page you're looking at but here - Home - BBC News it's the headline story.

Yeah, it's changed now, wasn't there earlier. Some chap selling copper coloured stone as copper, COVID, Zayn Malik and a womans Champions league tie live were the pictoral headlines an hour back.

rob9872

Copper has been named quickly but hasnt been charged.

It's usually also pretty fucked up when it's a man and woman involved.
I'm not a fan of this. People are so hungry for this kind of news then moan at the tabloids invading privacy. We shouldn't know anything about him until after not only charged, but a trial and prosecution. People will already concluding on things they know virtually nothing about.

Saddlebrains

The copper has now been arrested on suspicion of murder

Was originally Kidnapping. Suggests to me they've found a body

So sad

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Saw a columnist post earlier that we need a curfew for men in London. Where do they find these people?

Poor woman has probably lost her life and we have a political football already.

Saddlebrains

You don't just get a random woman off the street

You look at past things like this, the Libby Squire murder, Levi Belfield etc, its always things like indecent exposure, sexual assault etc that kind of build the weirdos up to committing murder.

Wouldn't surprise me now his photos out there more women come forward or more potential victims are discovered.

Seems that way in regards to the indecent exposure charge

Nick

Administrator
You don't just get a random woman off the street

You look at past things like this, the Libby Squire murder, Levi Belfield etc, its always things like indecent exposure, sexual assault etc that kind of build the weirdos up to committing murder.

Wouldn't surprise me now his photos out there more women come forward or more potential victims are discovered.

Seems that way in regards to the indecent exposure charge

What makes it weird is the woman arrested with him.

When it sounds sexually motivated it always seems worse (if thats the right way to put it, there is no good version) when a woman is involved too.

wingy

So diplomatic protection officer been named down there.
Search teams withdrawn from golf club search

Forensics been on site for a couple of hours .
Some kind of mention that they are not sure if he was known to her .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread