Sandra Garlick (1 Viewer)

Delboycov

In other news...let's be positive about this. We're not going back to the Ricoh. Unless one of us wins millions and millions on the Euromillions and has a moment of madness on throwing it all away, we're not going back to the Ricoh.

If they're going to build a new stadium (and I know that's a massive 'if'), shouldn't we be happy that someone like this, a lifelonf CCFC fan, is heading up this particular forum?

WM

Thing is WM if I was a Coventry born CCFC fan and I had any involvement in giving credence to a plan for building a tinpot stadium outside my home city then I'd be ashamed....No true CCFC fan should even humour them over this...it won't be built and she should use her undoubted talents to try and persuade the warring parties to get us back home where we belong.

J

Jack Griffin

If you want to delay things get a committee to discuss them..:confused:

Grendel

Everyday my support drifts further away.

Facts that should be available now are finances allocated and capacity planned.

Everyday you bore us by telling us of your support drifting away......

Rusty Trombone

If you want to delay things get a committee to discuss them..:confused:

Frankly that is ridiculous, but at the same time all fans must recognise that it is important for the new stadium, which has always been plan A, to be designed taking into account it's surroundings. I think all genuine fans will appreciate that we should not buy any land, or really look for any, until a design has been completely agreed with.

The above statement may or may not be delivered by Tim Fisher at some point around Christmas.

Skyblueweeman

Thing is WM if I was a Coventry born CCFC fan and I had any involvement in giving credence to a plan for building a tinpot stadium outside my home city then I'd be ashamed....No true CCFC fan should even humour them over this...it won't be built and she should use her undoubted talents to try and persuade the warring parties to get us back home where we belong.

Fair points Delboy. But you're making assumptions. 'Tinpot'...surely if it's new and fans have an input then it's going to be anything but tinpot. Far all it's downsides, asthetically, the Ricoh was hardly a step backwards from HR?

As you say it won't be built...how do you know that? Maybe I'm being naive, but this talk of Northampton Sky Blues is a load of old tosh. We will come back to the city...not sure when that is, but we will. I suspect that we there's been too much water under the bridge for a Ricoh return. Something drastic will have to happen for that...new owners or the demise in ACL. I personally cannot see either happening.

WM

italiahorse

Everyday you bore us by telling us of your support drifting away......

This should be a worry. Real fans that attend matches giving up attendance.
Keyboard warriors continuing there campaign but not counting in Sisue calculations.
You are irrelavant to everybody but yourself.

davebart

I think all genuine fans will appreciate that we should not buy any land, or really look for any, until a design has been completely agreed with.

Then all genuine fans know nothing about design. You do not start a design until you know where it is going.

RoboCCFC90

Is it coincidence I now have someone following me under the same name on Twitter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wafw1971

If a new stadium is to be built and that's a big 'IF' then I would like to see a two tiered stadium similiar to MK Dons but I would prefer a square design not a bowl (old fashioined type). It would be 32,000 stadium but only the lower tier would be open to start with. The away fans would be in a corner, homes fans behind both goals.

Best part of the telegraph article has to be this:

"The forum will consult fans over unique touches to make the stadium reflect the history and character of the Sky Blues."

Patronising or what

Johnnythespider

JS26504706-6102433.jpg
HERE SHE IS , I HATE TO DEBASE THE CONVO BUT SHE'S A BIT OF A HONEY:p
If she gets bored with this project I believe the BBC may have a spot for a dark haired temptress to do a cookery show. On an even more frivolous note I went to school with a lad called William Garlick, he had a large brown birthmark on the back of his leg, school kids being what they are he was constantly asked if he had poo on his leg.

italiahorse

If a new stadium is to be built and that's a big 'IF' then I would like to see a two tiered stadium similiar to MK Dons but I would prefer a square design not a bowl (old fashioined type). It would be 32,000 stadium but only the lower tier would be open to start with. The away fans would be in a corner, homes fans behind both goals.

From information provided by Sisue.
It will be 12,000 to start with and expand to 20,000.
They are too scared to tell us.

Grendel

From information provided by Sisue.
It will be 12,000 to start with and expand to 20,000.
They are too scared to tell us.

Bollocks why are you boring us with lies?

bringbackrattles

blimey women are taking over first Seppalla now this Garlick lady,call me sexist but it'll lead nowhere ! Got to end this now if my missus catches me writing this I'm doomed !

dadgad

I see this as further evidence of Fisher being told to wind his neck in.
Could be good news, if she eventually "has" to announce a return to the Ricoh.

J

Jack Griffin

Then all genuine fans know nothing about design. You do not start a design until you know where it is going.

Correct, I've posted that before, in my far off days in Civil Engineering I never worked on a design project before the site was identified & surveyed from a geological & topological point of view.. then where is the drainage going, how do you get power there, how can you get access, you can't just build a new road junction you know.. the list goes on..

Last edited by a moderator:

Specs WT-R75

Hi all, long time lurker and former ST holder @ HR1 (WT R75).

The above would pretty much get my seal of approval (location not withstanding). At the end of the day we all want to see a massive stadium, but realistically capacity only needs to be 15k or so initially with the ability to add additional tiers during close seasons... basically whatever would get us back to Coventry the quickest.

Ellis

skybluefred

Fair points Delboy. But you're making assumptions. 'Tinpot'...surely if it's new and fans have an input then it's going to be anything but tinpot. Far all it's downsides, asthetically, the Ricoh was hardly a step backwards from HR?

As you say it won't be built...how do you know that? Maybe I'm being naive, but this talk of Northampton Sky Blues is a load of old tosh. We will come back to the city...not sure when that is, but we will. I suspect that we there's been too much water under the bridge for a Ricoh return. Something drastic will have to happen for that...new owners or the demise in ACL. I personally cannot see either happening.

WM

For what they claim to be planning, even at today's prices,they will be looking at upwards of £40k. In 5 years time when
it MIGHT be completed it could well cost more and would not be up to the Ricoh standards or capacity.

Therefore would it not be good business sense to offer CCC/ACL £40k for the Ricoh. Oops I forgot, sisu and good
business sense, nah forget it.

mark_ccfc

Come off it - we all know this is another piece of SISU spin. Whether Sandra Garlick realises it or not she is being used as another SISU PR stunt.
"Coventry Stadium receives support of successful Coventry businesswoman so it must be a good idea!"

As far as I am concerned the creation of a fans forum in support of a new stadium on the back of the rejection of the Ricoh rent offer is yet another slap in the face to the fans of Coventry Football Club.

J

Jack Griffin

Does that information affect basic assumptions like stadium size and design?

Could do especially if ground conditions are bad. I think the slope of the ground is very important too, look at the Ricoh it is on a fairly steep slope & substantial parts of design are effected by that.

NorthernWisdom

Could do especially if ground conditions are bad. I think the slope of the ground is very important too, look at the Ricoh it is on a fairly steep slope & substantial parts of design are effected by that.

One would assume however, regardless of anything, this consultation is only about trivia such as whether we hang pictures of Keith Houchen up in the foyers.

Let's face it, Britain doesn't generally do 'interesting' for stadiums designs, do they, and if I asked for one like Le Havre's, I suspect I'd be even more disappointed than when the picture of Houchen turns out to be a pulsating cock modern art installation, spilling out lager to the punters below from its tip!

oceane_front.jpg

le_havre_oceane2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread