Sam mccallum (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Classic CovTel. Can’t read a paragraph of their story because there’s an ad in the way. Can anyone tell me what it says about Kelly’s injury?

Edir: never mind got a different ad on refresh. Kelly training but not ready for tomorrow.

bawtryneal

Classic CovTel. Can’t read a paragraph of their story because there’s an ad in the way. Can anyone tell me what it says about Kelly’s injury?

Edir: never mind got a different ad on refresh. Kelly training but not ready for tomorrow.

I agree. I know it has been said a thousand times on here but the CovTel website is atrocious. If I was the boss or an advertiser I would be up in arms. I cannot stand reading it for more than 20 seconds and just give up after pages will not load and adverts everywhere. Completely ruins the reading experience and actually has the opposite effect that it is trying to create for there advertisers.
I know they read SBT so I hope they take this criticism seriously if they expect people to read their pages and support their advertisers.

Frostie

I agree. I know it has been said a thousand times on here but the CovTel website is atrocious. If I was the boss or an advertiser I would be up in arms. I cannot stand reading it for more than 20 seconds and just give up after pages will not load and adverts everywhere. Completely ruins the reading experience and actually has the opposite effect that it is trying to create for there advertisers.
I know they read SBT so I hope they take this criticism seriously if they expect people to read their pages and support their advertisers.

Couldn't agree more, I actively avoid the site.

Perhaps they could do a "5 things our readers hate about our website" feature.

shmmeee

I think local papers are done for really. We need some kind of decent sports reporting online to take over the role of official journalist who talks to the club. Match reports and rumours are taken care of here and Twitter, but could still do with someone in press conferences asking where Kelly is or whatever. Unless the club started doing them as live streams or something.

Losing @Tom Leach and getting Andy Turner back has really reminded me how little value the CovTel add these days.

steve cooper

Then there is this headline.
‘Another one’ - Coventry City boss gives update on his summer transfer business
When you read it, the quote from MR is;
"The plan was always that there was another one player, but we won’t be doing that,” he told CoventryLive.

shmmeee

Then there is this headline.
‘Another one’ - Coventry City boss gives update on his summer transfer business
When you read it, the quote from MR is;
"The plan was always that there was another one player, but we won’t be doing that,” he told CoventryLive.

Wonder why that is. Deal not happening or budget change or what?

Sky Blue Harry H

Wonder why that is. Deal not happening or budget change or what?

Could be any of them - worth noting that PNE have neither signed, nor sold, a single player during the break!

It's a different market/economy at the moment

Frostie

I think local papers are done for really. We need some kind of decent sports reporting online to take over the role of official journalist who talks to the club. Match reports and rumours are taken care of here and Twitter, but could still do with someone in press conferences asking where Kelly is or whatever. Unless the club started doing them as live streams or something.

Losing @Tom Leach and getting Andy Turner back has really reminded me how little value the CovTel add these days.

Agreed, Tom was a breath of fresh air - shame to lose him.

steve cooper

I read somewhere the other day a quote from Chris Badlan when asked if the signings were complete for this season, he said "You're never finished recruiting"
I think most of us are happy with the recruitment this year, but I also have a feeling that in the current circumstances, if an opportunity came along where a player was likely to make us a big profit in time to come, and who fitted into our system, the funds would be found. It's what a hedge fund does.

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

I read somewhere the other day a quote from Chris Badlan when asked if the signings were complete for this season, he said "You're never finished recruiting"
I think most of us are happy with the recruitment this year, but I also I have a feeling that in the current circumstances, if an opportunity came along where a player was likely to make us a big profit in time to come, and who fitted into our system, the funds would be found. It's what a hedge fund does.

Agreed. Liam Walsh was apparently signed after we’d used all the budget last year.

The good thing with MR is that he sets expectations low. He’ll say ‘we’ve used the budget’ and somehow sign another.

Contrast that with Mowbray who spent all summer talking about signing players linked with Championship clubs and signing none.

If we get our surplus to requirements players off the wage bill, it wouldn’t surprise me to see one more come in, but I’m not expecting another to come in because MR said.

Grendel

McCallum will be starting next game

mr_monkey

maybe some time to reflect is needed x

Other than the fact Giles is playing in a completely different role to Allen (the same as he played last week out wide left where he has played a lot of his career)

Now if he was playing cam in the same role as Allen then you would have a point but he isn't 😉

But I will agree on the disappointment of Allen this season, I thought he would kick on but unfortunately hasn't

Users who are viewing this thread