Sam mccallum (1 Viewer)

mr_monkey

Lovely stuff. The amount of stick I got in here for suggesting a lad who had played most of his life as a winger could play further forward than wing back 😂😂

I don't think anyone disagreed with him playing out wide left like he did against Cardiff and appears to be tonight, it was as an attacking midfielder that people questioned (and they still should as he hasn't played that role yet)

Greggs

Other than the fact Giles is playing in a completely different role to Allen (the same as he played last week out wide left where he has played a lot of his career)

Now if he was playing cam in the same role as Allen then you would have a point but he isn't 😉

But I will agree on the disappointment of Allen this season, I thought he would kick on but unfortunately hasn't
Didn't Allen used to play left/right hand side of an attacking 3 though? Anyway, i win this discussion. ;) haha

Liquid Gold

Lovely stuff. The amount of stick I got in here for suggesting a lad who had played most of his life as a winger could play further forward than wing back 😂😂
He is playing as a winger, which nobody said he couldn’t. We said he couldn’t play as an ACM, which he isn’t.

What is wrong with you lot, are you being intentionally dim?

mr_monkey

Didn't Allen used to play left/right hand side of an attacking 3 though? Anyway, i win this discussion. ;) haha

Nope as part of a two centrally behind a one... If he played left wing I'd question the sanity of the manager 😂

PVA

He is playing as a winger, which nobody said he couldn’t. We said he couldn’t play as an ACM, which he isn’t.

What is wrong with you lot, are you being intentionally dim?

He's playing as an inside forward, assuming he starts on the right.

People went utterly mental at the suggestion of him playing anywhere but wing back.

He is now playing somewhere other than wing back.

Greggs

People went utterly mental at the suggestion of him playing anywhere but wing back.

I used to hate this forum, but as soon as i decided not to take the attacks personally - i quite enjoy it. Lots of entertainment to be had haha

Liquid Gold

No, people went mental at the idea of playing an obvious wide player through the middle.

If you want to claim this as a win then go ahead but it probably means you get no wins elsewhere.

Greggs

He probably drifted out wide once and that forever meant he was playing as a winger.
I never said Allen was a winger, Giles wont be used as one tonight either. I'm guessing Giles Shipley Ohare in behind Walker, woth the 3 being very fluid

Liquid Gold

In the same way that Giles played a few games at LWB and forever meant he's a wing back? 😉
Wing back and winger are very similar positions mate. Sorry to break it to you but they are both, as is inside forward, very different to attacking central midfielder (which if you’ll see us what everyone was arguing against).

Bump the thread when he plays there mate.

PVA

Wing back and winger are very similar positions mate. Sorry to break it to you but they are both, as is inside forward, very different to attacking central midfielder (which if you’ll see us what everyone was arguing against).

But the two behind the striker in the box formation are very fluid. Allen spent most of the first half on Saturday playing down the left. That role is similar to an inside forward. Agree its very different to a winger.

PVA

Bumped as requested.

A lot of people owe me (and a few others) an apology. I'll wait.

PVA

😂 He did not play on the right ffs, he played CAM, where you said he couldn't possibly play. But you probably couldn't tell with all that egg on your face.

Liquid Gold

😂 He did not play on the right ffs, he played CAM, where you said he couldn't possibly play. But you probably couldn't tell with all that egg on your face.
Of course he did mate. You bump this thread every few games when you’re wrong again.

PVA

If you don't think he came on in one of the AM slots behind the striker there is literally no helping you. I can only assume you're just unwilling to admit you are wrong, because there is no way anyone could say he played anywhere other than AM just now.

It was so blatant where he played 😂

superskyblue

He might have been brought on in the CAM position and it could be a strange coincidence he spent the whole two minutes he was on the pitch hugging the right touch line. 2 minutes probably not a big enough sample size to judge. In my opinion he was sent on to attack their left full back and not play CAM.

PVA

He might have been brought on in the CAM position and it could be a strange coincidence he spent the whole two minutes he was on the pitch hugging the right touch line. 2 minutes probably not a big enough sample size to judge. In my opinion he was sent on to attack their left full back and not play CAM.

When he went on he went straight to the middle of the pitch. Did he drift out wide? Absolutely. But that's what that position is for. O'Hare spends a lot of time on the flanks, in fact he spent more time on the right wing than in the middle last night but that does not mean he played right wing.

That CAM position is so flexible, which is why Giles can play there and which is why it's so strange that some people think it's akin to asking Godden to play Right back or something.

Liquid Gold

I just watched this back.

When he comes on he take up a position just in advance of Da Costa, was he playing CB? No, he was playing RWB.

Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 11.10.44.png

He then proceeds to spend the rest of the game on the right

1608203700214.png
1608203723682.png
Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 11.12.04.png
Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 11.12.50.png

To say he was playing ACM is an absolute falsehood.

shmmeee

PVA

So you think we lined up last night in midfield with two DMs an AM and a RW??

Apparently so.

O'Hare must have played right wing all night too.

Credit to Robins for thinking outside the box with such a lopsided formation. Playing a wing back and a winger is also a bold move.

Grendel

Ostigard played as a virtual right winger in the dying minutes against Norwich perhaps he will be the next Tommy Hutchison - then again maybe not

shmmeee

Ostigard played as a virtual right winger in the dying minutes against Norwich perhaps he will be the next Tommy Hutchison - then again maybe not

Also known as the right sided CB of a back three. You’ll notice Hyam pushing forward on the left too.

So far we’ve had Robins say Giles’ best position is a number 10 role and Giles come on for a player playing number 10 and playing in the same way.

But Giles is never a number 10 because SBT says so.

If we did play Dabo at DM next match no doubt we’d have all the tactical experts telling us how RWBs often spend their time in the middle of the pitch just in front of the CBs

PVA

Ah yes, good point. I forgot that Mark Robins himself said that Giles has played as a number 10.

But of course SBT knows that he has never played as a number 10, and can ONLY play as a wing back or at a push as a winger.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Also known as the right sided CB of a back three. You’ll notice Hyam pushing forward on the left too.

So far we’ve had Robins say Giles’ best position is a number 10 role and Giles come on for a player playing number 10 and playing in the same way.

But Giles is never a number 10 because SBT says so.

If we did play Dabo at DM next match no doubt we’d have all the tactical experts telling us how RWBs often spend their time in the middle of the pitch just in front of the CBs

I wish he wouldn't. He lost the ball on near-on every occasion when he attempted to bring the ball out himself last night. He doesn't have the speed to do it.

Grendel

Come to think of it years ago I should have said Stephen Hughes should play in goal and when it happened bump my thread to show my expert football knowledge

PVA

No, do you?

When Giles came on he was clearly under different instruction to O'Hare. Managers are allowed to change shape/instructions mid-match.

No, I don't.

But O'Hare spent most of his time on the right flank so I assumed that you thought that meant he was playing right wing. Because apparently you're not allowed to drift out wide when playing AMC.

superskyblue

No, I don't.

But O'Hare spent most of his time on the right flank so I assumed that you thought that meant he was playing right wing. Because apparently you're not allowed to drift out wide when playing AMC.

Robins must ask his right wingers not to drift inside at all because Giles certainly never left that right flank.

Users who are viewing this thread