Sam mccallum (3 Viewers)

Evo1883

Don’t need all that, just need “he’s good going forward” without realising it’s much easier to run forward with pace from a position of space and little marking rather than two banks of 4 surrounding you.

This , o hare can play in the hole, turn pass and move in tight spaces, clearly has a very good footballing IQ and can score... To me Giles is in no way comparable to o hare or Allen.

He doesn't even exhibit the traits required

PVA

Go on quote it then.

Unless you’re named after a glue I suspect it’s about a certain LB we had on loan previously. I bet you were all over pushing him forward too because he could be the next Bale.

Using world class players as a barometer for what lower league players are capable of isn’t the win you think it is.

No you can go and find it if you like.

You didn't answer my question about Giles playing out of position?

It's just absurd to think that players have one position and must play there for the rest of their careers. As if you've never suggested someone should play in a different position.

I'm going to enjoy bumping this if Giles ends up playing in one of these AM slots.

PVA

This , o hare can play in the hole, turn pass and move in tight spaces, clearly has a very good footballing IQ and can score... To me Giles is in no way comparable to o hare or Allen.

He doesn't even exhibit the traits required

Oh man why are people just missing the point.

No one has said he is in any way similar to O'Hare or Allen. That's not the point.

The point is that he doesn't have to be the same as them. You can have different types of attacking midfielder. In the same way you can have different types of central midfielder. You can have one AM who likes to find the pockets of space like O'Hare for example, alongside an attacking midfielder with pace who can beat a man, get to the byline and cause problems in other ways to the other AM.

I swear some of you would just rather we play 4-4-fucking-2 like the good old days 😂

Evo1883

No one has said he is in any way similar to O'Hare or Allen. That's not the point.

The point is that he doesn't have to be the same as them. You can have different types of attacking midfielder. In the same way you can have different types of central midfielder. You can have one AM who likes to find the space and pick a pass like O'Hare for example, alongside an attacking midfielder with pace who can beat a man, get to the byline and cause problems in other ways to the other AM.

I swear some of you would just rather we play 4-4-fucking-2 like the good old days 😂

If it helps, I love our current system

Liquid Gold

No you can go and find it if you like.

You didn't answer my question about Giles playing out of position?

It's just absurd to think that players have one position and must play there for the rest of their careers. As if you've never suggested someone should play in a different position.

I'm going to enjoy bumping this if Giles ends up playing in one of these AM slots.
I asked you the same question and you said something along the lines of "you're missing the point so I'm not going to continue". You are continuing so I'd like to know the answer to the questions.

Liquid Gold

The point is that he doesn't have to be the same as them. You can have different types of attacking midfielder. In the same way you can have different types of central midfielder. You can have one AM who likes to find the pockets of space like O'Hare for example, alongside an attacking midfielder with pace who can beat a man, get to the byline and cause problems in other ways to the other AM.

And some of us would like a CM at RB and a Striker on the wing like the good old days. Lets play players in their fucking positions.

Evo1883

In that he has always been a winger, and has recently been moved to wing back.

Well effectively he's still playing left midfield in a 3421... The only thing required of him now is he gets back and defends

Liquid Gold

I don't know how many times I need to tell you this but Giles is already out of position.
He came through the youth system as a winger but has played half a season at Shrewsbury as a WB then started the season here (strongly) as a wing back, also playing along the side-line requires minor adjustments to the game depending on how far forward or advanced. Going from outside to playing in the most congested area of the pitch requires a completely different skill set all together.

But lets say you're right anyway, Allen is dropped and Giles partners O'Hare in the 2 behind. What happens if we're playing both of our LWBs (remember wing backs are key to the system) at the same time and they both run out of energy, or the start picking up needles injuries? Then we have nobody capable of playing in one of our most key positions.

PVA

He came through the youth system as a winger but has played half a season at Shrewsbury as a WB then started the season here (strongly) as a wing back, also playing along the side-line requires minor adjustments to the game depending on how far forward or advanced. Going from outside to playing in the most congested area of the pitch requires a completely different skill set all together.

But lets say you're right anyway, Allen is dropped and Giles partners O'Hare in the 2 behind. What happens if we're playing both of our LWBs (remember wing backs are key to the system) at the same time and they both run out of energy, or the start picking up needles injuries? Then we have nobody capable of playing in one of our most key positions.

I haven't said they both play every game though have I?

Once again you are putting words in my mouth.

Seriously if you read back you'll see that I've suggested it's am option to play Giles there. Not once have I said he is going to play every game there.

You're seemingly reading what you want to read so that you can jump down my throat about something I haven't said.

Liquid Gold

I haven't said they both play every game though have I?

Once again you are putting words in my mouth.

Seriously if you read back you'll see that I've suggested it's am option to play Giles there. Not once have I said he is going to play every game there.

You're seemingly reading what you want to read so that you can jump down my throat about something I haven't said.
Go on then, what is your suggestion? that he can be an option if we have injuries? Same with basically every member of our squad.

chiefdave

No chance we’ve come close to breaking the bank for this loan or made any agreements on how many games he plays
What makes you so certain? As much as I'm not a fan of having it written into contracts that loan players have to play a certain number of games I can't imagine that Wolves and Norwich have loaned us players and will be happy for them not to be playing.

PVA

Go on then, what is your suggestion? that he can be an option if we have injuries? Same with basically every member of our squad.

That he can be an option in certain circumstances or against certain opposition. When pace and directness are needed.

As far as I can see nobody has suggested that he will or should play every game there.

I really fail to see why some people are so mortified by this, particularly as we don't have many options there.

Magwitch

Giles played 25 games for Shrewsbury how many of them were left back, left wing back or wide left midfield i
For the last few years in Wolves academy he’s been playing as a wing back.
What does that prove ? Cyrus Christie was a striker in his Acadamy days right up to he was signed on as a scholar at

Liquid Gold

That he can be an option in certain circumstances or against certain opposition. When pace and directness are needed.

As far as I can see nobody has suggested that he will or should play every game there.

I really fail to see why some people are so mortified by this, particularly as we don't have many options there.
I think he'd be a poor option but so would other players of his skill set.

Liquid Gold

Also if pace and directness was all that was needed then Hiwula would have had game time in the ACC role last year, he didn't have the attributes either.

Ccfcisparks

Giles played 25 games for Shrewsbury how many of them were left back, left wing back or wide left midfield i

What does that prove ? Cyrus Christie was a striker in his Acadamy days right up to he was signed on as a scholar at
You’re right Magwitch, next game we can play Giles CAM with Dabo just behind him in CDM. Stick to playing Fifa.

PVA

Also if pace and directness was all that was needed then Hiwula would have had game time in the ACC role last year, he didn't have the attributes either.

No that's just because Hiwula is crap. Plus Giles has more way more pace than him so your comparison is a poor one.

NortonSkyBlue

For me getting the gang back together is great. Let MR make the decisions that need to be made and forget the red herring that is loans must play. We are a championship club now and I suspect WolvesGiles is a running down his contract situation.
If it were my choice it would be Sam every time but I suspect Giles is the man with the shirt until he is injured or out of form.

Liquid Gold

Why don't we let MR decide? How would that be?
I swear some people want this forum to just be a group of people that say "Well done MR" and that's it.

We can discuss tactics and team selection, we can't discuss potential transfers and we're not allowed to talk about how a game is going, who is performing well and poorly in that game.

Liquid Gold

No that's just because Hiwula is crap. Plus Giles has more way more pace than him so your comparison is a poor one.
Ronaldo lost his pace and moved from a wide position to more central, you need pace to prove there and Ronaldo is shit? that's as useful as the comparisons to Bale and KDB.

I wasn't making a serious suggestion either I'm just following the logic. With these player or Hiwula.

PVA

Ronaldo lost his pace and moved from a wide position to more central, you need pace to prove there and Ronaldo is shit? that's as useful as the comparisons to Bale and KDB.

I wasn't making a serious suggestion either I'm just following the logic. With these player or Hiwula.

Ronaldo moved to centre forward, not central attacking midfield.

And where did I say you need pace to play there? Again you're reading what you want to read in order to jump down my throat.

Liquid Gold

Ronaldo moved to centre forward, not central attacking midfield.

And where did I say you need pace to play there? Again you're reading what you want to read in order to jump down my throat.
I'm following the logic of your arguments. What skills does Giles have to play the position that Hiwula didn't?

PVA

I'm following the logic of your arguments. What skills does Giles have to play the position that Hiwula didn't?

No you're not.

You said if I want pace then why couldn't Hiwula play there. Which makes no sense as Hiwula is not overly pacy.

Again, to repeat myself, attacking midfielder is not just one position that requires one very specific skill set. You can have different types of attacking midfielder.

It's bizarre that I apparently need to explain this to you.

Liquid Gold

No you're not.

You said if I want pace then why couldn't Hiwula play there. Which makes no sense as Hiwula is not overly pacy.

Again, to repeat myself, attacking midfielder is not just one position that requires one very specific skill set. You can have different types of attacking midfielder.

It's bizarre that I apparently need to explain this to you.
Fucking hell, you're tying yourself up in knots.

Sky Blue Harry H

What happens if we're playing both of our LWBs (remember wing backs are key to the system) at the same time and they both run out of energy, or they start picking up needles injuries? Then we have nobody capable of playing in one of our most key positions.
I think that there is a real danger of picking up needles injuries playing at home. Birmingham is a rough area and full of junkies. I've emailed Dave Boddy to see if we can have extra staff to check the pitch pre kick off.

Users who are viewing this thread