Sack thorn? (1 Viewer)

BANTAM

I don't want us to stop playing this style of of football which is why I want Thorn to stay. He has had no resources, has been lied to and none of this is his fault.

I think we are going down regardless of who is in charge and in a funny way if we do go down it could get rid of SISU quicker.

People are ignoring the bigger picture. WE NEED SISU OUT.
In my opinion Thorne is a fat clown who can't look after himself let alone a football team.

ccfc2011

Thorn has to go he's got no idea.

i agree now that thorn should leave his managerial position and go back to being a scout. Club should go into admin and start again with fresh leadership all round.

BANTAM

IM SICK OF THESE STUPID THREADS....WHEN YOU WILL GET IT INTO YOUR THICK feckING HEAD, 1 they wont sack him he is on the cheap and costs them less, 2 NOBODY i repeat NOBODY could do anything with these TWATS in charge so dont have a go at him, you all seem to forget that without AT we would have be relegated years ago, he was the one that got Dann, Fox, Westwood, Gunnarson, Jukewitcz, Bigi, Thomas and all the other decent players weve had over the last 3 seasons so PIPE THE feck DOWN

You remind me of a lemming following our leader off the edge of a cliff certain suicide.

coop

We are 1 0 down against Peterborough with ten minutes to go and AT brings on 1 sub WTF .This is one of the reasons he needs to go he seems to think losing by 1goal is ok we need a change be it Carsley or whoever doesn't matter you get a honeymoon period when someone new comes in and feck me we need one now.Could we do a Doncaster and get players in the shop window from other clubs seems to be working for them.

Last edited:

The CableGuy

We are 1 0 down against Peterborough with ten minutes to go and AT brings on 1 sub WTF .This is one of the reasons he needs to go he seems to think losing by 1goal is ok we need a change be it or whoever doesn't matter you get a honeymoon period when someone new comes in and fuck me we need one now.

In our case, the 'honeymoon' effect needs to last for 20+ games.

When it ends, add on 12 to 18 months and we'll be hunting for yet another manager.

Grendel

Oh there's 2 or 3 left, ICHAN.

Well I can name 2 of the SISU followers - they go by the names of Andy Thorn and Steve Harrisson. One of my first posts on this site was to dub these two useless clowns as the Laurel and Hardy of the foorball world. These two useless clowns have the ideal employees, they can fail, fail, fail and carry on failing and they have no worries whatsoever that they will get the sack. This season has been a car crash from start to finish and Thorn has been a major contributor to our demise. He cannot motivate, cannot inspire in fact he cannot do anything except lose week after week. His platitudes after every game are so lacking in sincerity it beggars belief anyone can have any faith in him anymore. Andy Thorn is the classic King with No Clothes and with no clothes it aint a pretty site...the league table does not lie.

J

Jack Griffin

You remind me of a lemming following our leader off the edge of a cliff certain suicide.

Did you know the whole lemming suicide myth was created by a faked 1958 Disney film which won an Oscar, the makers drove thousands of rodents over a cliff. Somewhat worse than David Attenborough don't you think?

[video=youtube;xMZlr5Gf9yY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMZlr5Gf9yY[/video]

BANTAM

Did you know the whole lemming suicide myth was created by a faked 1958 Disney film which won an Oscar, the makers drove thousands of rodents over a cliff. Somewhat worse than David Attenborough don't you think?

[video=youtube;xMZlr5Gf9yY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMZlr5Gf9yY[/video]

Sisu are the producers and Andy Thorne the Sisu yes man They are happy to pay him to be their front man and you put up with it!

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Ill be honest here i really do think IF we do get taken over before jauary and thorn is given money to spend in jan window id want to see what he can do but we are going down so if we are still losing after thorn bought few players ya then sack him but if we see us winning games after him buying players then why sack him?

ccfctommy

I don't tend to slag AT off much but the one thing that annoys me about him is when he says things like,'the team should be higher in the league', and 'we have a good set of players'. When he says things like that he is basically admitting his shortcomings.

I don't think he is a manager really, a scout yes, a coach perhaps but a manager no.

ICHAN

If we get taken over I doubt very much Thorn will be manager for very long, he may well go back to doing the job he should be doing IE: being a scout, although we do not need one at the moment becase that would be a waste of money, scouting players we can not have, a bit like looking in the window of the nearest Porsche garage knowing your dreaming of buying one.

georgehudson

THEY TELL YOU WHO YOU ARE ALLOWED TO BID FOR,
not buy,
because the purse strings are held by people who know s.f.a. about football,
when will the penny drop ?

Grendel

THEY TELL YOU WHO YOU ARE ALLOWED TO BID FOR,
not buy,
because the purse strings are held by people who know s.f.a. about football,
when will the penny drop ?

Ultimately the owners always have the purse strings and the manager is advised of his budget - large or small - so the penny drops every time. Thorn, however, has not demonstrated any aptitide for football management whatsoever regardless of the financial situation. The irony is it is only because of the anger aimed at SISU that has saved his job and hidden the obvious shortcomings that he has. So when WILL the enny drop? It's funny really as it is only SISU and their bungling incompetence that keeps the useless fool in a job. A half decent, interested board would have sacked him weeks ago - correction they would never have considered him in the first place. Even Owen Coyle looks ready for the axe soon and we give Thorn more and more rope - it's hilarious.

Gaz

Wake up, not investing in the squad and reducing the squad is the reason we are where we are.

Ultimately the owners always have the purse strings and the manager is advised of his budget - large or small - so the penny drops every time. Thorn, however, has not demonstrated any aptitide for football management whatsoever regardless of the financial situation. The irony is it is only because of the anger aimed at SISU that has saved his job and hidden the obvious shortcomings that he has. So when WILL the enny drop? It's funny really as it is only SISU and their bungling incompetence that keeps the useless fool in a job. A half decent, interested board would have sacked him weeks ago - correction they would never have considered him in the first place. Even Owen Coyle looks ready for the axe soon and we give Thorn more and more rope - it's hilarious.

Grendel

Wake up, not investing in the squad and reducing the squad is the reason we are where we are.

Nope is a contributing factor as is the incompetent manager. Or what are you saying the tea lady can manage a football team if we have the right investment and the attributes of the manager mean nothing. Name one positive attribute Thorn has bought to the job this season that demonstrates you have confidence in him as a manager? I suspect you will not have an answer - you need to wake up before we sleepwalk to oblivion with good old Captain Thorn at the helm.

Tonylinc

Nope is a contributing factor as is the incompetent manager. Or what are you saying the tea lady can manage a football team if we have the right investment and the attributes of the manager mean nothing. Name one positive attribute Thorn has bought to the job this season that demonstrates you have confidence in him as a manager? I suspect you will not have an answer - you need to wake up before we sleepwalk to oblivion with good old Captain Thorn at the helm.
Totally agree. I have never called for AT to go before but recently I have concluded that the bloke has zero man management skills. His treatment of Freddie has been apalling and now he seems to be doing the same to Deegan.

ICHAN

How is AT doing the job he is paid to do, get results.
Even with this squad of players how could any manager achieve the amount of points we have achieved and still be in a job?
He bought in 2 goalkeepers and got rid of 1 when he knew that he would have a very tight budget, if he beleived the bull from sisu about the same amount would be made available that AB had then more fool him he knew that sisu are liars just like everyone else does, he took the job on which is to get results he knows he has a cushy job because the fans anger is aimed at sisu and not him so he can just keep his job in the safety of this knowledge.
He will not quit because he knows for the moment he is safe in his job.
He has even had trhe dreaded vote of confidance yet he is still here.

Gaz

Right so Harry Redknapp couldn't stop Southampton from going down from the championship to league 1.
They had no money and couldn't bring the players in like Thorn.

So did that make him a bad manager too ?

No it didn't.

It doesn't matter who is in charge, without any backing it's always going to be a struggle.

Grendel

Right so Harry Redknapp couldn't stop Southampton from going down from the championship to league 1.
They had no money and couldn't bring the players in like Thorn.

So did that make him a bad manager too ?

No it didn't.

It doesn't matter who is in charge, without any backing it's always going to be a struggle.

No but Redknapp has pedigree - so we are confident he is a good manager. Just because there is no money does not make Andy Thorn a good manager!! Gaz name a couple of things he has done this season that in your view makes him potential good management material.

ICHAN

Struggle yes Gaz I think even the most AT out fans will acknowledge that.
How does anyone know someone else would not make a differance with this squad, is that because those who say this want it to be true and so back their arguement up for wanting to keep AT in his job and so he carries on failing and can therefore have more ammunition to aim their hatred at sisu for the mess we are in.
Would you not want to try a new manager to see if we can get out of this mess, try any route possible to maybe get out of this, or do we keep AT no matter what even in league 1 where these players will struggle even more.
I want to try anything Gaz and the manager is the only plausable position that can be changed.
We all want sisu out but that will be their decision when they want out which could be next year no-one knows only sisu themselves and they proberly lie to themselves about that.

Last edited:
No but Redknapp has pedigree - so we are confident he is a good manager. Just because there is no money does not make Andy Thorn a good manager!! Gaz name a couple of things he has done this season that in your view makes him potential good management material.

He often waves to singers corner?

Grendel

He often waves to singers corner?

Sadly I think that is something some supporters think matters - it makes him one of the lads. I just wish he would wave goodbye.

Gaz

No one is saying Thorn is a good manager because there is no money !
And shouldn't the point that if a manager with 'pedigree' like Redknapp, can't keep a poor side up with no money then why the surprise when ours can't ?

We all could see before the season kicked off that if we didn't invest in the side, we were in trouble.

Grendel

No one is saying Thorn is a good manager because there is no money !
And shouldn't the point that if a manager with 'pedigree' like Redknapp, can't keep a poor side up with no money then why the surprise when ours can't ?

We all could see before the season kicked off that if we didn't invest in the side, we were in trouble.

Are you a politician. For the 3rd time of asking name some positive attributes Thorn has that make hime potentially a good manager if we had more investement in the team. Perhaps his motivation technique, his constant adjustment of formations depending on the oppositions he faces, his shrewd transfer signings (Cody McDonald) or his inspirational post match interviews? Anything really? Must be something that makes you keep the faith in AT -- it's the cheery wave isn't it?:D

Gaz

I know what your saying, and I have really gave it thought myself about if the only thing we can change is the manager then why not try it if we are going down anyway.
But for me, and the Redknapp point backs this up, it doesn't matter who is in charge, without the level of investment in the team that is a reasonable amount for this league we will not have a fighting chance.

That's just how I see it, if we sack Thorn we will just be in the same boat 6 months down the line.

PUSB

Struggle yes Gaz I think even the most AT out fans will acknowledge that.
How does anyone know someone else would not make a differance with this squad, is that because those who say this want it to be true and so back their arguement up for wanting to keep AT in his job and so he carries on failing and can therefore have more ammunition to aim their hatred at sisu for the mess we are in.
Would you not want to try a new manager to see if we can get out of this mess, try any route possible to maybe get out of this, or do we keep AT no matter what even in league 1 where these players will struggle even more.
I want to try anything Gaz and the manager is the only plausable position that can be changed.
We all want sisu out but that will be their decision when they want out which could be next year no-one knows only sisu themselves and they proberly lie to themselves about that.

Users who are viewing this thread