Sack thorn? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Very specific prediction that Otis! I certainly predicted relegation, I don't think I speculated on when or by how many points.

I can't blame Thorn - just can't because I don't believe it's possible to keep us up with this squad.

Frankly this could be great timing as it might get City's lazy, no sense of pride fans to protest.

I predicted relegation too. No way on this earth did I think we would be so far adrift so early in the season though. There is something seriously wrong besides all the lack of investment and quality of player issues. We are doing much worse than any of us predicted at this stage of the season.

Gaz

Self-pity isn't pretty.

Nobody is saying you should be grateful. Nobody is saying AT is a villain. Nobody is saying SISU are good owners.

We are where we are because AT is such a bad football manager,

Nothing to do with the FACT Sisu have ripped the spine out of the team
Nothing to do with the total lack of investment in the team.

Sell off the best players and invest nothing back in =
a club going down.

Guess what, i'v got a great idea
Let's get rid of our manager and bring another one in !

Because that's worked the last ten times hasn't it.

Otis

We are where we are because AT is such a bad football manager,

a club going down.

Guess what, i'v got a great idea
Let's get rid of our manager and bring another one in !

Because that's worked the last ten times hasn't it.

Gaz, that is tosh and you know it is.

Nothing to do with the FACT Sisu have ripped the spine out of the team. YES IT IS.
Nothing to do with the total lack of investment in the team. YES IT IS

a club going down. - AGREE.

That doesn't mean that Thorn is a good manager though does it. The manager has to take some of the blame. Everyone admits that Thorn has made mistakes and we are doing worse than any of us predicted.

Colonel Mustard

We are where we are because AT is such a bad football manager

True to an extent.

Westwood, Gunnarsson, and King weren't "ripped out" of the side - they chose to walk.

Everybody is on the same page with that.

a club going down.

Mostly players who they bought. And they didn't fail to put anything back in ('fact')

Let's get rid of our manager and bring another one in ! Because that's worked the last ten times hasn't it.

It may well have. The club have at least avoided relegation for a decade by chopping and changing.

Gaz

I predicted relegation too. No way on this earth did I think we would be so far adrift so early in the season though. There is something seriously wrong besides all the lack of investment and quality of player issues. We are doing much worse than any of us predicted at this stage of the season.

So because it's not going exactly how you predicted, then it's time for change ?
even you predicted relegation with this squad
The team of players just aren't good enough.
It's not a championship team imo

Otis

Guy on CWR now. "No spark in the team whatsoever." "Only about 4 players playing for the shirt."

Tells you everything you need to know. Playing for the shirt and playing with spirit and putting the effort in has nothing to do with the quality of the players.

georgehudson

well done 'steve' on cwr, he points the finger firmly in the right & honest direction,
(sisu don't do that),

i have said before, don't examine the effect,
it is the cause,
the cause being this faceless hedge fund,

Otis

So because it's not going exactly how you predicted, then it's time for change ?
even you predicted relegation with this squad
The team of players just aren't good enough.
It's not a championship team imo

Gaz, again you are not listening. :facepalm: I predicted relegation. I did not predict us to be down before Christmas!!

@richh87

Guy on CWR now. "No spark in the team whatsoever." "Only 4 players playing for the shirt."

Tells you everything you need to know. Playing for the shirt and playing with spirit and putting the effort in has nothing to do with the quality of the players.

Don't you think you're focusing your efforts on the wrong thing though Otis?

Protests do work - let's all just focus on getting the bastards out!

Otis

Don't you think you're focusing your efforts on the wrong thing though Otis?

Protests do work - let's all just focus on getting the bastards out!

But this points to a lack of motivation from the manager or a lack of belief in the manager or players not caring.

If it's the latter then that flies in the face of all the players loving Thorn and being totally behind him.

Sub

proberly find the players wages not being payed on time to not that half of them deserve to be paid any way :thinking about::thinking about:

Gaz

Haha so Sisu brought the players and it's fine for them to sell them because after all they paid for them right ?

If you call a 400k signing and a cheap, if not free loan enough investment for a manager to keep this side in the championship then your deluded.

Doesn't matter who is in charge this squad of players is not good enough to stay in the championship - fact

ICHAN

Most predicted expected relegation, no-one is argueing that.
The players still can have some fight in them and a bit of spirit about them.
How can this not be the managers fault by not getting at them and training them to have some passion.
There is no spirit in the team they have given up and substandard performances are the norm and this is acceptable because they are not expected to win.
These players are good enough to get out of this, but there is no fight or leadership from the experianced players in the squad, who should be giving more and getting the younger players feel like winners and encourage them to win and show passion.

Otis

proberly find the players wages not being payed on time to not that half of them deserve to be paid any way :thinking about::thinking about:

That is a possibility. Wouldn't surprise me.

Gaz

Gaz, again you are not listening. :facepalm: I predicted relegation. I did not predict us to be down before Christmas!!
Ha does it really matter when relegation comes ?
So if you get relegated on the last day then keep Thorn

But because it looks like coming sooner then he should go now.

That makes sense doesn't it.

Otis

Most predicted expected relegation, no-one is argueing that.
The players still can have some fight in them and a bit of spirit about them.
How can this not be the managers fault by not getting at them and training them to have some passion.
There is no spirit in the team they have given up and substandard performances are the norm and this is acceptable because they are not expected to win.
These players are good enough to get out of this, but there is no fight or leadership from the experianced players in the squad, who should be giving more and getting the younger players feel like winners and encourage them to win and show passion.

We can go down with 45 points or we can go down with 20 points. Does it make a difference? Yes, of course it does. You can't just say we're going down anyway so Thorn isn't to blame for any part of it. If we go down but go down with a fight then that gives us hope for next season. We finish with something like 20 points and that then points to us being bottom of League One next season.

This sqaud isn't good enough, but it''s not that bad that we should be down by Christmas.

Another caller on now saying the players didn't work hard enough. Have been banging on about this until I am blue in the face. What the fook does working hard have to do with quality of the playing staff?

How can they not work hard?

Colonel Mustard

Doesn't matter who is in charge this squad of players is not good enough to stay in the championship - fact

Are you listening to the bloke calling in now? "Paid £100 to take in today's game to follow the club I love, and the team didn't turn up. They didn't work hard. Clingan was a disgrace."

Is that a SISU issue or a managerial issue?

Otis

Ha does it really matter when relegation comes ?
So if you get relegated on the last day then keep Thorn

But because it looks like coming sooner then he should go now.

That makes sense doesn't it.

Course it matters when we are relegated. :facepalm:We go down by Christmas we are probably going to go down as the worst team in the entire history of the Championship/old first diviosin.

Gaz

Lol of course it's a load of tosh, I was being sarcastic ( face palm )

Gaz, that is tosh and you know it is.

Nothing to do with the FACT Sisu have ripped the spine out of the team. YES IT IS.
Nothing to do with the total lack of investment in the team. YES IT IS

a club going down. - AGREE.

That doesn't mean that Thorn is a good manager though does it. The manager has to take some of the blame. Everyone admits that Thorn has made mistakes and we are doing worse than any of us predicted.

ICHAN

Some just don't get it though otis, don't know if you read my post right though mate?.
Lose ok but show some spirit and fight, commitment, pride something but this is lacklustre as though no-one cares anymore.

Otis

Some just don't get it though otis, don't know if you read my post right though mate?.
Lose ok but show some spirit and fight, commitment, pride something but this is lacklustre as though no-one cares anymore.

Totally agree. Put the same effort in that we put up against West Ham and I will back Andy Thorn 100%. Fact is we are not. 1 game in 20. Too many games where we are not turning up.

SkyBluePryce

the fact is last year Thorn had it right everyone was impressed with the football we were playing. And yes we lost 3 of our best players and weren't replaced however christie is like a new very impressive signing. However not one shot in the 1st today i believe is awful when we're at the bottom and struggling why not hit a few balls up to our strikers who would be used as target men at most clubs, mix it up a bit , use the resources you have.
I do feel sorry for AT though, but i would like him to step down and return to chief scout. Bring in a fairly experienced manager maybe a return for micky Adams? Even if we do go down lets go down fighting, winning second balls, winning 50:50s pumping balls in to the box and showing a bit of passion, whilst trying to play nice football.
So for me SISU OUT! and Thorn back to scout.

ICHAN

If we fought a bit more and showed some passion and commitment on the pitch we would have proberly won more games than this and would not be in the mess we are in.
Go down fighting with pride with commitment what is there to lose because were losing games poorly anyway so what harm would it do to get a team for 90 mins and not 25 mins fighting with some pride.

Gaz

Are you listening to the bloke calling in now? "Paid £100 to take in today's game to follow the club I love, and the team didn't turn up. They didn't work hard. Clingan was a disgrace."

Is that a SISU issue or a managerial issue?

It's a Sisu issue that we have poor players playing for our team that is ultimately being masked over by claims if lack of effort.
It's lack of quality IMO.
It's a Sisu issue that we have got to put injured players on the bench for today's game.

ccfcrob

IM SICK OF THESE STUPID THREADS....WHEN YOU WILL GET IT INTO YOUR THICK FUCKING HEAD, 1 they wont sack him he is on the cheap and costs them less, 2 NOBODY i repeat NOBODY could do anything with these TWATS in charge so dont have a go at him, you all seem to forget that without AT we would have be relegated years ago, he was the one that got Dann, Fox, Westwood, Gunnarson, Jukewitcz, Bigi, Thomas and all the other decent players weve had over the last 3 seasons so PIPE THE FUCK DOWN

georgehudson

AT in his post match i'view, said it right, & all of a sudden MONTHS after WE the fans pointed the finger at 'sisu',
'cwr' are getting the point,
linnell & eakin, (bandwagon boys), are getting moving, (cautiously, of course),
a bit late (again),
GET SISU OUT

Otis

IM SICK OF THESE STUPID THREADS....WHEN YOU WILL GET IT INTO YOUR THICK FUCKING HEAD, 1 they wont sack him he is on the cheap and costs them less, 2 NOBODY i repeat NOBODY could do anything with these TWATS in charge so dont have a go at him, you all seem to forget that without AT we would have be relegated years ago, he was the one that got Dann, Fox, Westwood, Gunnarson, Jukewitcz, Bigi, Thomas and all the other decent players weve had over the last 3 seasons so PIPE THE FUCK DOWN

So it was Sisu's fault that Thorn didn't check Blackpool's tactics before we played them? Okay then. :facepalm:

Nonleagueherewecome

I'd say the forum has gone downhill massively due to the number of these threads on exactly the same points arguing exactly the same thing over and over. It's boring, like watching the same episode of a soap every day. The only reason I stay involved is that I want my voice to be heard-I don't want some of the views posted to be unchallenged, for SISU fanboys to get away with posting incredulous delusional views, or for the impression that all the fans just blame the manager to emerge.

ICHAN

Sisu's fault poyet trained his team before we played them that we pass it around the back without looking

Otis

Agree to a point, Nonleague.

But there seems a reluctance by some to attribute any blame upon the manager whatsoever. And that is just plain daft. Thorn has made some bad mistakes. Every time these are pointed out though all that comes back is that it's Sisu's fault.

ICHAN

Don't think many are sisu fanboys NLHWC With respect this has nothing to do with anyone backing sisu and being a sisu fanboy.
It is becoming monotonous though I will agree with you on that.

Nonleagueherewecome

Oh there's 2 or 3 left, ICHAN.

Users who are viewing this thread