Sack thorn? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
We can keep going on about not having investment and Thorn not having backing, he bought his no1 target and never plays him, he is not tactically minded, it is as if the players have no faith!

I know for a fact morale is very low in the camp and he should be trying to raise it!

I actually think with our players on paper we could survive after seeing how well they can play as individuals in different games!

Sub

looking forward to the phone im after the game and thorns speech we played well we are unlucky and we will go again didnt get what we deserved :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: usual shit

Nonleagueherewecome

Unlike those who back the manager and then turn on him when results go wrong, I'm sticking to my guns. I don't want to be a typical football fan, ta.

Nick

Administrator
If sisu were not liars and people had no issue with him people would be calling for thorn to go a long time ago!

Otis

looking forward to the phone im after the game and thorns speech we played well we are unlucky and we will go again didnt get what we deserved :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: usual shit

It will probably be "We were really unlucky because as the forward lined up to score that 2nd goal a mole didn't come up through the earth which could have caused a deflection and prevented the score. We are just not getting the rub of the green at the moment, or indeed of the mole."

Gaz

If we didn't have muppets like Sisu running the show and Thorn had money to invest in the team like other clubs in our league then Thorn wouldn't have some fans calling for him to go.

Otis

If we didn't have muppets like Sisu running the show and Thorn had money to invest in the team like other clubs in our league then Thorn wouldn't have some fans calling for him to go.

Even if he is a poor manager? You so sure about that?

kg82

Kinda agree, but the whole point of any manager is to unite, train, and maximise the potential of the group they are charged with. That goes for football managers with spoiled players, teachers with unruly children, drill sergeants with unfit and insubordinate new recruits, etc. Ultimate responsibility always lays with the manager; I think if we all felt that AT was getting the absolute most out of the team, then we wouldn't be discussing his position.

I don't disagree, any blame always lies at the managers feet. BUT, my gripe is that most of these players are good enough to play in the Championship and they know it, they should be able to motivate themselves to play in games at this level or at least to put the effort required in to compete at this level. It annoys me how much players get away with and currently I'm showing my absolute disgust with this current bunch.

Nonleagueherewecome

We can keep going on about not having investment and Thorn not having backing, he bought his no1 target and never plays him, he is not tactically minded, it is as if the players have no faith!

I know for a fact morale is very low in the camp and he should be trying to raise it!

I actually think with our players on paper we could survive after seeing how well they can play as individuals in different games!

And I know for a fact that Cody was not his no.1 target!

Nonleagueherewecome

If sisu were not liars and people had no issue with him people would be calling for thorn to go a long time ago!

If SISU were not liars, he would have had last seasons budget, and Prem loans in August, September and October, and we wouldn't be in this mess. SISU are both chicken and egg. :thinking about:

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User

say we do sack thorn what manager will come to us and turn things around then keep us up course we shall be delighted but say we just keep losing with a new manager and go down. I just feel unless we bring in at least 2 decent players in jan and can try get a few points before jan without being too far behind then its a maybe but im thinking they will sack thorn or not give a toss and let him continue the way things are going.

PVA

I would ike to see Thorn step aside, back into his old job, and see if we can get Mark Robins or Sean O'Driscoll in.

@richh87

If SISU were not liars, he would have had last seasons budget, and Prem loans in August, September and October, and we wouldn't be in this mess. SISU are both chicken and egg. :thinking about:

Exactly, SISU are LIARS, yet some would rather blame the manager who has to field children.

Bizarre.

Otis

Based on what? Not having a magic wand? Nobody could keep this lot up.

You're missing the point. I am saying that if Thorn is a poor manager it's not going to make a lot of difference how much money he's got, unless it is £20 million or something.

Colonel Mustard

Why should AT or any other manager of any club feel entitled to have money to spend? You work with what you've got. Nobody expects miracles to be worked with this side, but it is not at all unreasonable to expect better results than what we've achieved. And despite fears, SISU have not sold the likes of Juke and Clingan - indeed, they've allowed him to bring in McDonald and Gardner.

The responsibility is squarely on AT's shoulders.

ICHAN

I would be calling for any manager to be sacked with this run of defets and points tally regardless of who was the owner of the club.
How much longer can people just blame sisu for, for this shocking lack of commitment and lack of getting at the opposition and just roll over every game, regardless of what players are on the pitch there is a total lack of commitment from the players, totally gutless how can that be sisu's fault.
There are teams all over the country with worse squads but I bet they give it more of a go than this team.

Otis

Why should AT or any other manager of any club feel entitled to have money to spend? You work with what you've got. Nobody expects miracles to be worked with this side, but it is not at all unreasonable to expect better results than what we've achieved. And despite fears, SISU have not sold the likes of Juke and Clingan - indeed, they've allowed him to bring in McDonald and Gardner.

I just want to see a bit of passion and fight and effort. Is that too much to ask for?

@richh87

I don't want us to stop playing this style of of football which is why I want Thorn to stay. He has had no resources, has been lied to and none of this is his fault.

I think we are going down regardless of who is in charge and in a funny way if we do go down it could get rid of SISU quicker.

People are ignoring the bigger picture. WE NEED SISU OUT.

Nonleagueherewecome

Oh come on, we were crying out for loans-and promised them-all season! Gardner is too little too late, any fan can surely see that? Only a SISU man would say otherwise!

@richh87

You're missing the point. I am saying that if Thorn is a poor manager it's not going to make a lot of difference how much money he's got, unless it is £20 million or something.

Highlighted the wrong word then mate ;)

He's the one who discovered talents like Fox, Dann, Westwood - so I think giving him any budget at all would see an improvement.

@richh87

It is unreasonable. To take 9 first team players away from a team that finished just above relegation and expect anything but League 1 next season is madness.

Colonel Mustard

Oh come on, we were crying out for loans-and promised them-all season! Gardner is too little too late, any fan can surely see that? Only a SISU man would say otherwise!

No, you spent months talking about asset-stripping, and were left with egg on your face after the Juke and Clingan remained with the club and McDonald and Gardner were brought in. To say that isn't being a SISU man - it's being a casual observer.

Again, nobody expects AT to get this squad into the playoffs; SISU haven't spent enough money, and it's right that the fans have an ongoing campaign to get them out of the club. But fans should expect the manager to get the most out of his squad, and AT is not doing that.

Otis

It is unreasonable. To take 9 first team players away from a team that finished just above relegation and expect anything but League 1 next season is madness.

I ask yet again though, were you predicting a 2nd from bottom and 7 points adrift position by the end of November? No! Fact is, none of us did.

Most of us said we would be relegated with this team. The fact is though that this manager is going to have us down well before Christmas at this rate. We expected a relegation dogfight, we are doing so much worse.

Gaz

Why should AT or any other manager of any club feel entitled to have money to spend? You work with what you've got.

And despite fears, SISU have not sold the likes of Juke and Clingan - indeed, they've allowed him to bring in McDonald and Gardner.

Oh I am so grateful that Sisu allowed us to bring in a youth player on loan from the premiership.
And do you know what, Sisu should be given the key to the city after not selling our best forward.

It's the big bad Andy fault for expecting to have money to invest in the team, how dare he, it's not like he has even lost any of his best players is it ?

Spence CCFC

Even if fucking SAF came in we'd still be fucked. Half of you need to learn a little bit about football before spouting shite. Yes, we're on a shite run but look at our players for god sake. They're awful. We'll gain nothing by sacking Thorn, plus, who else would want to manage Cov. I refuse to have a go at Thorn because he's giving his all and while the football is played in the right way it'll suffice. Some fans really need to adjust their aspirations and realise that perhaps we deserve to go down. When we go down at the end of the season I really hope Thorn is here and SISU have fucked off but I doubt either of those will come true. Thorn will be sacked and the same people wanting him sacked will be asking for the next manager to be given time.

Nonleagueherewecome

No, you spent months talking about asset-stripping, and were left with egg on your face after the Juke and Clingan remained with the club and McDonald and Gardner were brought in. To say that isn't being a SISU man - it's being a casual observer.

Again, nobody expects AT to get this squad into the playoffs; SISU haven't spent enough money, and it's right that the fans have an ongoing campaign to get them out of the club. But fans should expect the manager to get the most out of his squad, and AT is not doing that.

Facts straight, pal, I never used the words asset-stripping. Everything I said about them was decided way before Clingan/Lukas stayed in August, and it has stayed the same since July. You may be confusing me with someone else.

Casual? Hell, you must be if you think these tossers are defendable!

Otis

Anyone else half expecting Harrison to come out and do the post-match interview rather than Thorn? I wouldn't be surprised. Thorn seems at his wits end and is wilting.

Colonel Mustard

Oh I am so grateful that Sisu allowed us to bring in a youth player on loan from the premiership.
And do you know what, Sisu should be given the key to the city after not selling our best forward.

It's the big bad Andy fault for expecting to have money to invest in the team, how dare he, it's not like he has even lost any of his best players is it ?

Self-pity isn't pretty.

Nobody is saying you should be grateful. Nobody is saying AT is a villain. Nobody is saying SISU are good owners.

Delboycov

Think he should do the decent thing and walk...He hasn't been backed and his reputation as a manager is shot to pieces...not entirely his fault. To save any credibility he should resign and come out and say he hasn't been given the tools to do the job. With his reputation as a great scout I'm sure he won't be short of job offers.

Nonleagueherewecome

Self-pity isn't pretty.

Nobody is saying you should be grateful. Nobody is saying AT is a villain. Nobody is saying SISU are good owners.

Godiva is, usually.

@richh87

I ask yet again though, were you predicting a 2nd from bottom and 7 points adrift position by the end of November? No! Fact is, none of us did.

Most of us said we would be relegated with this team. The fact is though that this manager is going to have us down well before Christmas at this rate. We expected a relegation dogfight, we are doing so much worse.

Very specific prediction that Otis! I certainly predicted relegation, I don't think I speculated on when or by how many points.

I can't blame Thorn - just can't because I don't believe it's possible to keep us up with this squad.

Frankly this could be great timing as it might get City's lazy, no sense of pride fans to protest.

Colonel Mustard

Casual? Hell, you must be if you think these tossers are defendable!

Defendable? No. I want SISU gone as much as the next fan. But unlike some, I'd like to see the badge go down with more fight than is currently being displayed...and changing a manager is one way to try to achieve that. You try releasing the lifeboats before you play the violin...

Users who are viewing this thread