Ryan Haynes has been sold (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Also the argument someone in league 1 signed Haynes means he is league 1 standard is a dumb argument.

By that argument Kyle Lightbourne is a premier league striker and Garry Borrowdale was worth £650,000

Mucca Mad Boys

This deal works for all really. With 3 first team left backs, one had to go and to get a fee for Haynes is good going. Hopefully that fee can be reinvested.

I prefer the balance between Brown and Stokes than Haynes and Brown. Keeping Stokes gives us an alternative option.

Mucca Mad Boys

I'm not. He was scapegoated by fans always looking for an individual to blame

He certainly got a lot unfair stick when player around him had equal or worst performances.

I do think Shrewsbury will struggle this season, their reward for such a great season is everyone nicking their players. Even we nicked their left back!

Grendel

So, Robins hadn't got a clue on Biamou then, yeah?

He was not a good signing as my threads at the time pointed out. As I’ve stated on Haynes every manager other than Pressley ended up leaving him out the team

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

So, Robins hadn't got a clue on Biamou then, yeah?
Looks like Robins hasn't a clue by playing Biamou, he could have played the other 20 goals a season striker we've got.

Oh wait a minute. :emoji_thinking:

Adge

He certainly got a lot unfair stick when player around him had equal or worst performances.

I do think Shrewsbury will struggle this season, their reward for such a great season is everyone nicking their players. Even we nicked their left back!
It was their chance to get out of the league that they may never get again and probably punched above their weight. Similarly with Villa too. That is why it was so important for us to have gone up last season as it would have been the same for us, ie, a missed opportunity that may never come around again, would have seen the better players leave and us being stuck in the same League for years to come.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Looks like Robins hasn't a clue by playing Biamou, he could have played the other 20 goals a season striker we've got.

Oh wait a minute. :emoji_thinking:
Nobody said we had another 20 a season player I don't think any team in any division has 2 who score 20 in the same team but Nazon and Ponticelli were far more productive in their time on the field ,like I've said in previous posts if someone else was playing the support to Max we would have had no need to go to Wembley. Sorry Grendal just seen your post

SBT

Also the argument someone in league 1 signed Haynes means he is league 1 standard is a dumb argument.

By that argument Kyle Lightbourne is a premier league striker and Garry Borrowdale was worth £650,000

This argument can be best summed up as "Grendel knows best". Good luck with that.

Haynes was fine. Good luck to the guy. Hope that it's us and not Shrewsbury who come out on top with the left back swap.

Sky Blue Pete

Also Grendel you started the argument about let’s see all the teams come in with a bid for them. I’m just pointing out that a player you have decried as unable to play professional football has been PURCHASED by a team in a higher league

ccfclinney

Makes sense to me would be good As a wing back but don’t suit our formation. With brown signing and stokes makes sense to sell haynes. Good move by Mark Robins.

capel & collindridge

Luton had Collins (20) and Hylton (23)

I wouldn't have known that but I went to sit on a bench in St Neots Churchyard today and there was an old man there dressed for a funeral. There was quite a crowd of people there for the same reason. Many of them were wearing orange ribbons. I asked the old man if he knew what the orange ribbons stood for. I thought someone might have died from a particular kind of cancer that was associated with orange ribbons. It turned out they were all supporters of Luton Town and I got the impression that the man who had died had strong links with the club. That prompted me of course to say I was a City supporter and we talked about the game at the Ricoh when we lost the 2 goal lead. Then out of the blue, the old man said he a neighbour of Mark McNulty and that he was good man. This threw me because up till then I thought he was either from Luton or else was local to Cambridgeshire. It was at this point I noticed he was wearing a Hinckley Town FC badge on his hat! Interestingly, the old man was referred to at one point as the father-in-law of the deceased. I didn't find out who had died, but used the link on this site to look on the HattersNews website to see if a player or ex-player had died. If they had, no one was talking about it on HattersNews.

But it was when I looked at their website that I noticed that they had two 20 goal strikers. But neither anywhere near as good as McNulty!

Esoterica

Nobody said we had another 20 a season player I don't think any team in any division has 2 who score 20 in the same team but Nazon and Ponticelli were far more productive in their time on the field ,like I've said in previous posts if someone else was playing the support to Max we would have had no need to go to Wembley. Sorry Grendal just seen your post
Here's our points dropped in 9 draws and 15 defeats - so which games did Biamou cost us the automatics in?

19 Aug Coventry City 0 - 1 Newport L
26 Aug Yeovil Town 2 - 0 Coventry City L
2 Sep Chesterfield 0 - 0 Coventry City D
16 Sep Cambridge Utd 2 - 1 Coventry City L
7 Oct Barnet 0 - 0 Coventry City D
14 Oct Accrington 1 - 0 Coventry City L
17 Oct Coventry City 0 - 1 Forest Green L
21 Oct Coventry City 0 - 0 Colchester D
11 Nov Coventry City 0 - 1 Mansfield L
21 Nov Stevenage 1 - 1 Coventry City D
25 Nov Coventry City 1 - 1 Crawley D
9 Dec Morecambe 2 - 0 Coventry City L
26 Dec Port Vale 1 - 0 Coventry City L
13 Jan Exeter 1 - 0 Coventry City L
3 Feb Forest Green 2 - 1 Coventry City L
10 Feb Coventry City 0 - 2 Accrington L
13 Feb Colchester 2 - 1 Coventry City L
24 Feb Mansfield 1 - 1 Coventry City D
13 Mar Coventry City 2 - 2 Luton Town D
30 Mar Newport 1 - 1 Coventry City D
2 Apr Coventry City 2 - 6 Yeovil Town L
7 Apr Notts County 2 - 1 Coventry City L
24 Apr Coventry City 2 - 4 Lincoln L
5 May Coventry City 0 - 0 Morecambe D

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I was being sarcastic.

Which is why I said ( oh wait a minute ) :emoji_thinking:

oucho

Good work by Boddy to get a fee for him...wonder if he can do the same for Beavon and Vince!

As for Haynes, he always seemed too lightweight. Sometimes e.g. v Gillingham at home in 2014 he looked class going forward, but those moments were all too rare and he couldn't defend for toffee. Seems like a really nice lad and I wish him well but frankly I'm glad he's moved on as it's a clear opportunity to strengthen an area of weakness.

All the best Ryan, thanks for some genuinely good moments.

Grendel

Also Grendel you started the argument about let’s see all the teams come in with a bid for them. I’m just pointing out that a player you have decried as unable to play professional football has been PURCHASED by a team in a higher league

So was Kyle Lightbourne

Grendel

Here's our points dropped in 9 draws and 15 defeats - so which games did Biamou cost us the automatics in?

19 Aug Coventry City 0 - 1 Newport L
26 Aug Yeovil Town 2 - 0 Coventry City L
2 Sep Chesterfield 0 - 0 Coventry City D
16 Sep Cambridge Utd 2 - 1 Coventry City L
7 Oct Barnet 0 - 0 Coventry City D
14 Oct Accrington 1 - 0 Coventry City L
17 Oct Coventry City 0 - 1 Forest Green L
21 Oct Coventry City 0 - 0 Colchester D
11 Nov Coventry City 0 - 1 Mansfield L
21 Nov Stevenage 1 - 1 Coventry City D
25 Nov Coventry City 1 - 1 Crawley D
9 Dec Morecambe 2 - 0 Coventry City L
26 Dec Port Vale 1 - 0 Coventry City L
13 Jan Exeter 1 - 0 Coventry City L
3 Feb Forest Green 2 - 1 Coventry City L
10 Feb Coventry City 0 - 2 Accrington L
13 Feb Colchester 2 - 1 Coventry City L
24 Feb Mansfield 1 - 1 Coventry City D
13 Mar Coventry City 2 - 2 Luton Town D
30 Mar Newport 1 - 1 Coventry City D
2 Apr Coventry City 2 - 6 Yeovil Town L
7 Apr Notts County 2 - 1 Coventry City L
24 Apr Coventry City 2 - 4 Lincoln L
5 May Coventry City 0 - 0 Morecambe D

Back to the Dion Kelly Evans argument I see

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Esoterica. Don't know where your coming from with that but Max played in at least 13 of those defeats and most of the drawn games if he had scored more goals than 8 in his time on the field poor for a second striker. (equal to 28 full games) like I said no need for Wembley.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

So many cunts on this forum. Haynes is a talented lad, has a wand of a left foot and had some really good games for us. Consistency was always an issue and I'm glad for both him and the club that he's moved on - think most of us knew he'd be off when we signed Brown. Reminds me a bit of the Aaron Phillips situation - both clearly gave their all but just hasn't quite worked out for them here and fresh start works for everyone.

He was by no means absolutely terrible as some are making out on here.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

That the way once a player leaves a club with some they don't remember the efforts put in by players who after all are picked by the Manager It's like I am going on about Max but it is not him who picks himself . I just think he should not done his learning in the first team.

Grendel

Esoterica. Don't know where your coming from with that but Max played in at least 13 of those defeats and most of the drawn games if he had scored more goals than 8 in his time on the field poor for a second striker. (equal to 28 full games) like I said no need for Wembley.

According to him even if Harry Kane had been playing not of those results would have changed

mark82

Dumbest thing I've ever read. Anyone else you want to unreasonably make a scapegoat? JCH presumably?

Using the same logic, we wouldn't have been promoted without Biamou.

D

Deleted member 2477

Think these two comments from the shrews board sum it up nicely

I am just trying to compute the benefits of the transfer dealing with Coventry they get Junior Brown a real bundle of energy and a gem of a player first choice left back and a real fans favourite.

We get Ryan Haynes a young lad who has his detractors amongst the Coventry faithful and we obviously need to shape and develop him, as their fans point out he was a second or third choice left back from what was until May a league 2 side.

It's a good job the Double Johns have confidence in their coaching ability to get the best out of players and spotting a rough diamond and we must support them in their beliefs. Oh I am sure it probably helps Coventry pay the fee for Brown too, that's lucky too everyone wins.

The opposite view is they have Brown as back up to their established left back, whos not played for almost a year (by the time the season starts) and now has a bad knee injury noggle at the back of his mind (one of his best attributes was jumping and that might be effected) whos about to turn 30 and really has not sell on fee + maybe 50-100k

We have a young lad who is not universally liked by Cov fans (who ever is when they leave) but at 22 has league one experience, was scouted by premiership teams within the last year and who could be better a a wing back than the left back roll he was forced to play at Cov last two seasons. A fresh start might be just what he needs.

With the cash Cov probably JUST get the better of this deal (assuming Brown does not get injured again before Christmass) but its pretty 50/50

Read more: NEW SIGNING - 230 | blue-and-amber

AFCCOVENTRY

He was not a good signing as my threads at the time pointed out. As I’ve stated on Haynes every manager other than Pressley ended up leaving him out the team

You really are deluded keyboard warrior if still to this day you think Biamou wasn't a good signing in L2. You are allowed to change your opinion during a season.... or in your world you are not because you posted on SBT and that is set in stone forever?

Esoterica

According to him even if Harry Kane had been playing not of those results would have changed
That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying he, individually, wasn't the difference between autos and playoffs. I can go through everyone of those games we lost and drew and tell you the core reason we dropped points in those games but you've just made one of your usual inflammatory sweeping statements and now refusing to back it up and deflecting away from that by mocking me instead.

speedie87

I always thought Haynes would be fine once he’d bulked up, but his body has hardly developed since the start. If he can just add some weight so can’t get out muscled he,s got enough ability on the Ball and pace to play in championship.

Users who are viewing this thread