Ryan Haynes has been sold (1 Viewer)

Garryb80

For all you Ryan Haynes haters out there, I think I should point out that he's the one who's had the last laugh. After all, he's moved from a team that finished sixth in League Two that didn't want him to a team that finished third in League One that do.
But are in the same division as the team he just left.. His sides must be splitting

Otis

For all you Ryan Haynes haters out there, I think I should point out that he's the one who's had the last laugh. After all, he's moved from a team that finished sixth in League Two that didn't want him to a team that finished third in League One that do.
Pretty sure they are not expecting to do as well this coming season to be honest.

Grendel

Let's re-visit this in two years' time. I'm not saying he's the ginger Dani Alves, but right now he's doing alright for himself.

Well he isn’t - his manager has booted him out and replaced him for a guy 7 years older whose coming back from a serious injury

Terry_dactyl

To me that sounds like you like Ryan Haynes more than you like cov?
It feels like a lot of people (including me) keep posting the same thing on this thread - RYAN HAYNES WAS GOOD IN FLASHES BUT ON THE WHOLE WASNT VERY GOOD FOR US.
GOOD LUCK RYAN HAYNES (BUT AT THE SAME TIME DONT GET ANY BETTER THAN YOU WERE FOR US...WHICH WASNT VERY GOOD).

RegTheDonk

We're assuming he's been sold because MR thinks he's not up to scratch. Could be he feels he doesn't want to keep competing with Stokes and the new lad, and wants a fresh start elsewhere. Or perhaps MR has told him he rates the kid, but needs someone who can stick to a role of stopping an attack, rather than supporting one. We don't need him surging forward looking to create or score goals - Max will do that ;)

Grendel

We're assuming he's been sold because MR thinks he's not up to scratch. Could be he feels he doesn't want to keep competing with Stokes and the new lad, and wants a fresh start elsewhere. Or perhaps MR has told him he rates the kid, but needs someone who can stick to a role of stopping an attack, rather than supporting one. We don't need him surging forward looking to create or score goals - Max will do that ;)

He never has scored or created goals

dazed&confused

Well he isn’t - his manager has booted him out and replaced him for a guy 7 years older whose coming back from a serious injury

I would repeat: he's moved from a team that finished sixth in League Two that didn't want him (apparently) to a team that finished third in League One that do. He's doing alright for himself. Even if he hasn't moved up in the world, the worst he's done is move sideways.

Adge

Tongue in cheek G, you know what I mean. He likes to get forward, thats my point. If he was a better defender, he'd have been 1st choice.
He likes to get forward-only trouble was when he did the ball would end up in the stand 99% of the time.

dazed&confused

To me that sounds like you like Ryan Haynes more than you like cov?
It feels like a lot of people (including me) keep posting the same thing on this thread - RYAN HAYNES WAS GOOD IN FLASHES BUT ON THE WHOLE WASNT VERY GOOD FOR US.
GOOD LUCK RYAN HAYNES (BUT AT THE SAME TIME DONT GET ANY BETTER THAN YOU WERE FOR US...WHICH WASNT VERY GOOD).

I'm just pointing out that your god-like fan-in-the-stand certainty that Haynes isn't good enough to play in League One seems to be contradicted by the football knowledge and experience of the coaching staff at a club that last season finished 27 places above us in the football league pyramid. I think that makes me an empirical skeptic.
Actually, I have no idea why I'm trying to wind you up here. I really ought to stop. And I will stop, but I won't delete this post!

Last edited:

Garryb80

Next season you might well be proved right, but at the moment his trajectory is upwards. It's poor old DKE who's moving in the wrong direction.
It isnt moving upwards. They finished last season well but many beleive they will struggle this time around. This view enhanced by signing an incompetent left back

Cov kid 55

I think a lot of the frustration with Haynes comes from thinking that he has the attributes to be very good. Which as you say is highlighted by successive managers giving him game time. However, successive managers have also dropped him and Robins, our best manager in recent years, has opted to get rid. While I wish him luck, it would be very frustrating if he actually ‘came good’ after the opportunities he has had with us.
He really wasn’t consistently good enough for us.
You’re right of course, after giving Haynes plenty of game time, Robins has decided he’s not for us. And sometimes it’s that move that kick starts a player’s career. It will be interesting to see how he does, and we’ll all be looking forward to the curse of the returning player!!

dazed&confused

It isnt moving upwards. They finished last season well but many beleive they will struggle this time around. This view enhanced by signing an incompetent left back

I give up. You are no longer welcome at our monthly meeting of the Ryan Haynes Appreciation Society - West Midlands Area, Coventry lodge. Your membership is revoked and John Askey (I had to look that up) will now take your place on the refreshment committee.

Users who are viewing this thread