Russell Slade ? (1 Viewer)

Otis

I heard he bought his wife some roses the other day.

They were absolutely fine when he got them from florist, but by the time he got them home they looked like this.

giphy.gif

phildownunder

Had nothing better to do so I did a rough count of the response on here when he was appointed. I didn`t count re posts.

Came to : For 15 uncommitted 6 Against 0

Not a huge number I know, but nobody felt strongly enough to come against this at that time on this thread anyway.

This confirms that there was a generally favourable reaction at the time despite what some seem to think.

eastwoodsdustman

Had nothing better to do so I did a rough count of the response on here when he was appointed. I didn`t count re posts.

Not a huge number I know, but nobody felt strongly enough to come against this at that time on this thread anyway.

This confirms that there was a generally favourable reaction at the time despite what some seem to think.
You must be wrong. Loads of people over the last week have said that they were dead against him coming in at the time they just didn’t post their thoughts at the time.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
That’s pretty haunting.
What's your point? I was right, it was Christmas!...

Erm yer, what can I say...:sorry:

I think my problem is that I've always got a bit excited when we've had a new manager, even back to the likes of Reid. I guess I vainly hope that 'surely this time he's the right man for the job...'

Otis

You must be wrong. Loads of people over the last week have said that they were dead against him coming in at the time they just didn’t post their thoughts at the time.
I didn’t seem to post on this thread, but I wasn't unhappy at bringing him in. He seemed the type of manager we needed at the time.

no_loyalty

I didn’t seem to post on this thread, but I wasn't unhappy at bringing him in. He seemed the type of manager we needed at the time.

He did get to us to a major cup final, even though he was a clown

Hobo

No that is a piss poor vote count considering the amount of people that use this forum. It shows how most fans were so underwhelmed they couldn't even be bothered to vote.

Mucca Mad Boys

What's your point? I was right, it was Christmas!...

Erm yer, what can I say...:sorry:

I think my problem is that I've always got a bit excited when we've had a new manager, even back to the likes of Reid. I guess I vainly hope that 'surely this time he's the right man for the job...'

Tbf, I wasn’t ecstatic when we appointed him in the first place. However, given the context of our league position, and his previous job history, I was optimistic and thought it was a good appointment.

It was criminal we let either Evans and Cotterill through our grasps.

ccfcway

about the same amount who wanted Slade as voted for Robins to sacked a few weeks ago

Grendel

about the same amount who wanted Slade as voted for Robins to sacked a few weeks ago

I think two wanted him sacked you hopeless clown

Grendel

Robins? It was 12. With 164 sensible people who didn't want him sacked.

Polls are always like radio texts seem a distortion. The only two who’ve presented a case as far as I could see are the bloke with a pint as his avatar and Sky Blue Ruffian.

fernandopartridge

I thought Slade had reasonable credentials but was obviously wrong. His spell at Leyton Orient was probably just one of those coincidences where a manager is lucky enough to have a group of players in the best form of their career (Mooney, Cox etc) in a relatively weak league.

Hobo

To be fair I started the poll buy changed my mind half way through when I realised I'd overreacted to a couple of bad results. Sure most others who wanted him sacked would admit they were wrong.

Didn't Grendel start a Taxi for Robins thread at some point? Or am I imagining that?

He did but not because he wanted him sacked he later clarified.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I thought Slade had reasonable credentials but was obviously wrong. His spell at Leyton Orient was probably just one of those coincidences where a manager is lucky enough to have a group of players in the best form of their career (Mooney, Cox etc) in a relatively weak league.

Slade is similar to other horseshit managers like Boothroyd, Dowie and Steve McLaren, had 5/6 jobs (and subsequent sackings!) off the back of one 'good' spell at a club. There was a lot of opposition to Slade being appointed manager but also a few headcases that said he was what we needed! His crowning moment was when he said he had a prolific goalscorer at the ready, then unveiled a 17 stone and 44 year old Yakubu.:emoji_frowning::emoji_angry:

Grendel

He never got to play till ens of season so i wa snever proven wrong

Please try harder

I see your mate Mowbray has allowed his budget busting team to fall behind the giants that are Shrewsbury in the promotion race

Grendel

To be fair I started the poll buy changed my mind half way through when I realised I'd overreacted to a couple of bad results. Sure most others who wanted him sacked would admit they were wrong.

Didn't Grendel start a Taxi for Robins thread at some point? Or am I imagining that?

I did but there were caveats - it was a batamoter measure

covcity4life

I see your mate Mowbray has allowed his budget busting team to fall behind the giants that are Shrewsbury in the promotion race
Shrews have played a game more.

Please tey harder but also dont be so desperate to be right. A lil tip

Besides yiu shoildnt talk about managers..COUGH..taxi for robins...

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Well he's not though is he...

If your beloved Mowbray hadn't fucked up so bad we would never have has to appoint him in the first place.

I’m a fan of Mogga but the first to admit he should of got that team promoted considering how good the squad was.
If your beloved Slade was appointed Bayern Munich manager, he would have them in a relegation dogfight within a month.

Users who are viewing this thread