Russell Slade ? (1 Viewer)

RFC

Sure we will soon see;

- he's crap shows how far we have fallen appointing him
- he's a monkey being paid peanuts
- Shitzu only coughing up until end of season shows we are selling everything by then and then we'll be liquidated
- club is dead he must be desperate

Blah blah blah

As usual my glass is 'half-full', optimistic!

shmmeee

Best we could hope for aside from Sisu going.

It's sad that Malaka is, unsurprisingly, full of shit about a takeover. But considering that was always more hope than expectation this is a good result. Just the kind of manager we need.

See you all in 18 months when we want him sacked because he hasn't bucked the club's trend for the last 9 years.

covmark

This is great news, all we need now is for Sisu to piss off and it'll be a fantastic Xmas.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

KG7

As good as we could have hoped for. Well done Fisher and Venus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torchomatic

On Twitter.

Nick

Administrator
It seems they don't like the news that we got a manager, still, they are only negative about SISU and not CCFC...

D

Deleted member 4439

Can I be the first one ask for a Merry Christmas by Slade?

edit: apparently not, just seen post above...

Last edited by a moderator:

RegTheDonk

Ffs, 41% on the CT poll not happy with Slade but when polled on thr back of the Hasselbaink story around 80% were happy.

Idiots

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Christ what do they want? I am no expert at all, but his experience at this level would seem he's the best choice ....and it's either that or stick with Venus. They must be on another planet.

NorthernWisdom

Christ what do they want? I am no expert at all, but his experience at this level would seem he's the best choice ....and it's either that or stick with Venus. They must be on another planet.
The power of a 'name' and, tbh, that's what holds English football back - we tend to appoint based on playing ability.

That's not to say Hasselbaink won't make it as a manager, mind... and arguably he's made a good start in showing good judgement in turning us down!

Nick

Administrator
The power of a 'name' and, tbh, that's what holds English football back - we tend to appoint based on playing ability.

That's not to say Hasselbaink won't make it as a manager, mind... and arguably he's made a good start in showing good judgement in turning us down!

Exactly, people are obsessed with names.

It's like when we signed Chris Stokes. People want big names, they have silly expectations.

wingy

Bump.
As there has been a bit of debate in another thread.
Doesn’t really answer the question as not many were inclined to offer an opinion.
Possibly too underwhelmed or resigned to the fate that awaited .

NorthernWisdom

Bump.
As there has been a bit of debate in another thread.
Doesn’t really answer the question as not many were inclined to offer an opinion.
Possibly too underwhelmed or resigned to the fate that awaited .
My opinion given on this thread is still correct, given the time and circumstances of club and manager.

As it happened, he turned out to be the wrong appointment at the wrong club.

ajsccfc

I remember being relatively giddy after one game (want to say Bolton?) where we looked good for the first time in forever, and that combined with us having an actual/alleged manager in charge rather than whatever Mark Venus was made me think Slade was what we needed. Feeling didn't last.

oucho

The most important stat about him we need to worry about in the short term is he's never been relegated with any of his sides!!!
Well we soon fucking sorted that stat out, didn't we!!!!!

Grendel

I remember being relatively giddy after one game (want to say Bolton?) where we looked good for the first time in forever, and that combined with us having an actual/alleged manager in charge rather than whatever Mark Venus was made me think Slade was what we needed. Feeling didn't last.

Did well against Bolton and in the end dividing line is thin. We conceded injury time equalisers in 3 early games of his.

Astute

I enjoyed reading what some experts said about him when he came to our club :wacky:

wingy

I enjoyed reading what some experts said about him when he came to our club :wacky:
Yeah But that's not why I bumped the thread.
Merely to emphasise there was very little debate either way prior to him coming ,plenty later on or afterwards, unless there's a better thread as a reference somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread