Russell Slade ? (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Now on the Coventry Telegraph site so looks likely. Think his type of in your face management is what's needed here especially now. We are not down and out so I have a bit more optimism IF it happens.

torchomatic

Totally agree, would be a good appointment.

Grendel

Sure we will soon see;

- he's crap shows how far we have fallen appointing him
- he's a monkey being paid peanuts
- Shitzu only coughing up until end of season shows we are selling everything by then and then we'll be liquidated
- club is dead he must be desperate

Blah blah blah

rupert_bear

Seems to be 2 lines of thought on his Cardiff days one he had a high wage bill to sort out that doesn't help relationships with players the other that the Cardiff board pulled the trigger a bit early. Anyway what he couldn't achieve at one ccfc he can make amends at the proper ccfc.

covcity4life

i agree rupert. just noticed wanted to see the difference between him and jimmy in torchs eyes. he said jimmy was too flash after he "failed" at qpr

torchomatic

failed at cardiff torch. bit like jimmy failing at qpr?

True, but he has more lower league experience than JFH and out of the two I would rather we had RS.

Grendel

i agree rupert. just noticed wanted to see the difference between him and jimmy in torchs eyes. he said jimmy was too flash after he "failed" at qpr

Slade has proven credentials of getting teams out of relegation trouble with zero finances to play with.

He knows the league, he knows survival.

Floyd Hasselbank has no such credentials. He may have been a candidate you'd want if the club is in the ascendency but not while down where it is now.

torchomatic

Yes, and was proved when he wouldn't come here because the budget wasn't high enough - he was used to a certain budget at QPR. Since Slade left Cardiff he has gone into lower leagues again, so is obviously up for a challenge and not just interested in how much is in the kitty. I think it would be a good appointment, fair enough if others don't or are a little sceptical.

steve82

The most important stat about him we need to worry about in the short term is he's never been relegated with any of his sides!!! A seasoned pro at a dog fight

covcity4life

Yes, and was proved when he wouldn't come here because the budget wasn't high enough - he was used to a certain budget at QPR. Since Slade left Cardiff he has gone into lower leagues again, so is obviously up for a challenge and not just interested in how much is in the kitty. I think it would be a good appointment, fair enough if others don't or are a little sceptical.

i am not saying it wouldnt be a good appointment, just trying to figure out why pro russel but anti jimmy.

i would be happy with either

torchomatic

on flip side jimmy has been promoted, thats a good experience to have in lower leagues?

Of course. But JFH isn't going to be our manager.

steve82

i am not saying it wouldnt be a good appointment, just trying to figure out why pro russel but anti jimmy.

Maybe 500 odd more games as a manager, built his own teams, experienced relegation battles and signed hundreds more players in his career over jimmys short spell. I bet jimmys paid more in transfer fees than Russell Slade too in his short career.

Suits our needs more at the minute in time.

torchomatic

I'm sure, but JFH would never come here because he's a manager who wants a big budget and refuses to work with a small one. RS on the other hand...I know who I would rather have. Anyway, it is academic as JFH has already turned us down.

torchomatic

covcity4life

I'm sure, but JFH would never come here because he's a manager who wants a big budget and refuses to work with a small one. RS on the other hand...I know who I would rather have. Anyway, it is academic as JFH has already turned us down.

but you didnt want jimmy before he turned us down thats all im wondering about.

would you have turned eddie howe down back in the day because you know what you like and thats old and tough? not flash.

no_loyalty

At last, a manager that knows what he is doing

skybluetony176

About as good as an appointment that we could have hoped for I think. Let's just hope he can work the magic in the past and keep us up.

bawtryneal

At last, a manager that knows what he is doing

Let's hope you are right. We said the same when TM appointed.
I must say that if Slade is appointed he would be the best available realistic option, in my opinion. Again, said the same about TM
Our luck is due a change.

covcity4life

i cant wait till agyei scores 10 goals between now and end of season and stupot says "well its nothing to do with him just the manager"

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Job number one:
Get JOB back, and sign some other aggressive bastards that can fight for our survival and also kick the kids into shape.

Ranjit Bhurpa

'Flash' could refer to the cut of their jib. One in his baseball cap and trackies prowling around in the technical area versus the other posing hands on hips in his Gieves and Hawkes suit trying to look good for the cameras.

Captain Dart

I knew I'd get that reaction :D

I think we just need some hard working and aggressively minded players to turn us into anything other than a team of children.

He will be busy.
He has to replace McCann, in fact preferably get 2 solid midfielders one a more defensive player like Vincelot.
Must replace or extend Page & Sterry contracts
Agyei and Wright must be replaced too.
An finally the team needs an experienced centre half, the defence make too many mistakes, concedes soft goals.

Users who are viewing this thread