Running (3 Viewers)

Great_Expectations

Ran a 3mile/5k PB this morning.

I recently discovered the segments section on Strava and the short run I usually do on Friday included four segments, so attempting to make the top 10 was my motivation!

Travs

We're getting our weekly club sessions WhatsApp'd to us to do at home, on road, treadmill, etc.

This week's was 6 x 3 minute efforts with 1.5 minute jog recovery in between.

Last couple were most uncomfortable!

Rich

We're getting our weekly club sessions WhatsApp'd to us to do at home, on road, treadmill, etc.

This week's was 6 x 3 minute efforts with 1.5 minute jog recovery in between.

Last couple were most uncomfortable!
Are you taking part in this round the world in 80 days? Forgive me as I forget which club you’re with?

Travs

Not heard of that one.... Although I don't do any of the "virtual challenges" etc.... I'm not on Strava and don't even own a GPS watch. Record all my runs on pen & paper!

Godiva Harriers, to answer your second question...

Sky_Blue_Daz

Did me last run on week 5 of couch to 5k, 5 minute walk 20 minute run 5 minute warm down walk , loved it

Great_Expectations

I recall a few people mentioning Prologis Park as a nice place to run? I’m planning a route for the weekend which takes me that way - any recommendations on any particular routes around there? Ideally about two miles.

I’m not sure which of the trails outlined here are actually open/runnable etc?

F327AF2C-F2F3-492C-97EC-EF3FF3E3505D.jpeg

Rich

I was around there yesterday. Straight down central blvd from the top left to ash green. 2 miles by the time you reach the school.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Got the 3rd run on week 6 tomorrow 5 minute walk and 25 minute run with 5 min warm down think I’ll do it round memorial park

Sky_Blue_Daz

I recall a few people mentioning Prologis Park as a nice place to run? I’m planning a route for the weekend which takes me that way - any recommendations on any particular routes around there? Ideally about two miles.

I’m not sure which of the trails outlined here are actually open/runnable etc?

View attachment 15274
My particular route was out of my estate onto Bennett’s road turn into pro logis all the way down past exhall grange school left at the hub up nunts park ave up penny park lane and back into the estate

Travs

Did a track session at Pingles this morning. 8 x 400mtr efforts with 90secs rest between.

Ran them all between 76-78secs, which is faster than usual for me (and explains why I could only manage 8..!)

CJ_covblaze

Got back into running over the last couple of months. Down to around 31 minutes for a 5k. Biggest issue is pacing. I’m crap at it so end up having to walk for 100m every 900-1000m. Doing weights too. Lost around a stone in the first month but my weight has plateaued since as I’m starting to bulk a bit up top. Struggling with pain due to an ankle issue and my ACL. Feeling a lot healthier though. Chuffed at the progress tbh.

Great_Expectations

I was around there yesterday. Straight down central blvd from the top left to ash green. 2 miles by the time you reach the school.

My particular route was out of my estate onto Bennett’s road turn into pro logis all the way down past exhall grange school left at the hub up nunts park ave up penny park lane and back into the estate

Thanks both.

I should have said I’ll be coming at it from Winding House Lane and ultimately then heading south-west as you look at the screen shot, towards Beake Avenue.

So my rough plan was a loop round an area within Prologis Park - just not sure what’s viable?

Travs

You can get from the Central Boulevard through a bit of a footpath, to those small lakes near to New Road (the Ash Green to Keresley road), and loop back round New Road and into Prologis again.

Best to look at Google Maps, and once you've done it once and know where there path is etc, it's a nice little circuit.

Great_Expectations

You can get from the Central Boulevard through a bit of a footpath, to those small lakes near to New Road (the Ash Green to Keresley road), and loop back round New Road and into Prologis again.

Best to look at Google Maps, and once you've done it once and know where there path is etc, it's a nice little circuit.

Cheers. I tend to look at Plot a Route and then use Google Maps to try and ascertain if they are actually runnable paths etc, and to get my bearings, but in this instance it’s covered by trees so hard to tell!

I think I’ll have a rough route in my head based on your comments above and I’ll have a contingency just in case!

Travs

It's definitely runnable by the lakes, it's a popular dog-walking area with wide paths.

The small section from the lake nearest to Prologis, out onto Ctrl Boulevard, is narrower if I remember correctly, but more likely to cause a route-finding issue first time round, rather than a running issue.

clint van damme

Injured Wednesday morning. Boo. Hate not being able to run

Ran twice this week, picked up a niggle both times
Really pissed me off.
Was a thinking of knocking my gym membership on the head when this is over as I've been doing plenty of training without it but I don't think my body ban take pounding on pavements any more.

Thinking of trying yoga or something to help my muscles and joints.
Like you Pete, it's really got to me.

Marty

Ran twice this week, picked up a niggle both times
Really pissed me off.
Was a thinking of knocking my gym membership on the head when this is over as I've been doing plenty of training without it but I don't think my body ban take pounding on pavements any more.

Thinking of trying yoga or something to help my muscles and joints.
Like you Pete, it's really got to me.

Try Pilates, I found it very useful.

I've done 2 runs this week, both 2.5km, first I averaged nearly 7.45 per km, second run I knocked a minute of that straight away, feel alot stronger in my legs after all the strength training. Manage to pick up a bike too to help get me through.

larry_david

Finally got strava. Looking forward to using it, if only to see the map.

New running shoes on the way. Weather's turned grim up here though

clint van damme

Try Pilates, I found it very useful.

I've done 2 runs this week, both 2.5km, first I averaged nearly 7.45 per km, second run I knocked a minute of that straight away, feel alot stronger in my legs after all the strength training. Manage to pick up a bike too to help get me through.

I got a bike during lock down and I've been cycling which has been great.
My legs are fairly strong and running on machines, playing 5 a side, cycling I don't have a problem but pounding the pavements just seems to lead from one injury to another.
It started happening on longer runs (over 6 miles) but now it's happening on runs of 2 or 3. Well frustrating but fortunately the bike is allowing me to carry on doing some cardio.
I will give Pilates a go. Thanks for the info.

Nick

Administrator
I got a bike during lock down and I've been cycling which has been great.
My legs are fairly strong and running on machines, playing 5 a side, cycling I don't have a problem but pounding the pavements just seems to lead from one injury to another.
It started happening on longer runs (over 6 miles) but now it's happening on runs of 2 or 3. Well frustrating but fortunately the bike is allowing me to carry on doing some cardio.
I will give Pilates a go. Thanks for the info.
Yeah I'm the same, I keep meaning to put my boots on and run on Grass but it's just getting round to it

skyblue1991

Just went for a 3.2 mile (circa 5k run). 25 mins

If anyone is struggling with trying to feel better at the moment, I really would reccomend it. Even if you have never ran before and can only manage 100m, just do it until you are out of breath. The endorphin release helps massively!

Ring Of Steel

Anyone interested in joining a sbt Strava group?

I’m a poor runner but have come to love it, have a bit of a dodgy calf but I’d be up for that. I’ve got a strava account alright and was trying to work out if it was worth keeping after the trial period :)

Marty

I’m a poor runner but have come to love it, have a bit of a dodgy calf but I’d be up for that. I’ve got a strava account alright and was trying to work out if it was worth keeping after the trial period :)

Strava is free?

Marty

Can you get what you need on the free version? I clicked on the ‘free trial’ and €7 per mth after that

Depends what you want, it gives you all the info you need but doesn't have that deep in-depth analysis, which only pro athletes need anyway.

larry_david

First strava run as the caption says.

How accurate is strava, GPS etc? I'm quite surprised and this run as my old ipod shuffle had a run function but it was 1.6 out by this reckoning. So if GPS is the more accurate I've been doing about 1.6k further for the past 8 weeks without knowing it. I look slimmer already!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200606-141045.png
    Screenshot_20200606-141045.png
    361.3 KB · Views: 22

Users who are viewing this thread