Match Thread Rotherham (3 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

That’s the best we’ve got available without doubt.

As much as Hamer has dropped off, he is capable of a goal or a bit of magic. In such a tight season, it be the difference.

Yeah, Kelly has been dreadful with the ball too. I'd like to see how Hamer does with two decent forwards in front of him. I also think his high energy will suit the game.

TM8792

That’s the best we’ve got available without doubt.

As much as Hamer has dropped off, he is capable of a goal or a bit of magic. In such a tight season, it be the difference.

How can it be the best we've got when you have put a player in attacking mid who is completely useless in front of goal?

SBAndy

I never really understood why having signed Giles he bought McCallum back as well. It just seemed a “do you want him” from Norwich and so we just did. I don’t mind him but you’ve got two loans in the same wing back role.

He never should have signed Bakayoko again knowing his frailties and he should have shipped biamou out and used a loan spot on a striker

The recruitment this season just hasn’t worked

This is absolutely bang on. 2 loan players competing for 1 position is/was a complete waste of time and resource.

Frostie

This is absolutely bang on. 2 loan players competing for 1 position is/was a complete waste of time and resource.

Agreed, was a strange one. McCallum definitely helped us though, far superior to Giles. Ironically, despite demanding to leave for more opportunities, Giles has barely got any more minutes at Rotherham than he would have by staying with us.

stupot07

Agreed, was a strange one. McCallum definitely helped us though, far superior to Giles. Ironically, despite demanding to leave for more opportunities, Giles has barely got any more minutes at Rotherham than he would have by staying with us.
I wouldn't say McCallum is far superior to Giles. He is better defensively, but nowhere near as effective going forwards. We've missed Giles pace and thrust down the left hand side in an attacking sense.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Great_Expectations

No way around it, it’s a massive, massive game. Not season deciding, but it’s certainly significant.

Two up front, an attacking mindset and constant pressure on their defence and I think we win. We do not want a defensive set up and hoping for a bit of luck to score.

Godden/Walker are our best strikers but still not convinced they aren’t too similar to play together. Godden not being fully fit and Walker not match sharp doesn’t help. Gyokeres looked ok in his first game, dropped off but has looked ok again recently. I wouldn’t start him, but he can definitely play a role in harrying their defence.

Hamer is in poor form - and has been for a while - but he is one of two who can create, so do we risk 3/4 bad passes and a few needless fouls, for the hope he creates something out of nothing? Tough choice for MR.

I think I’m looking forward to it, but it’ll certainly be a tough watch.

Frostie

I wouldn't say McCallum is far superior to Giles. He is better defensively, but nowhere near as effective going forwards. We've missed Giles pace and thrust down the left hand side in an attacking sense.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

To an extent but even that threat waned as he's very one dimensional - knock it ahead & use his pace. If you know what he's going to do it becomes easier to defend & he became less & less effective & you could see it visibly affect his confidence to take a man on. He's never managed to pin down a regular start with us, with Shrewsbury beforehand or with Rotherham now.

I'd liked to have kept him as a squad option for sure but when he was taking up a loan slot you can see why it went the way it did.
Of course, in hindsight with Gyökeres struggling for fitness & then Sheaf getting injured he'd actually have been in the squad more often than not anyway but he decided the grass was greener so we wish him all the best (just not tomorrow!)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I never really understood why having signed Giles he bought McCallum back as well. It just seemed a “do you want him” from Norwich and so we just did. I don’t mind him but you’ve got two loans in the same wing back role.

He never should have signed Bakayoko again knowing his frailties and he should have shipped biamou out and used a loan spot on a striker

The recruitment this season just hasn’t worked

If we go down it'll be one of the main reasons.

That alongside management in general. There have been so many times where we should have and could have done better this season. We shouldn't be going into this game tomorrow with so much resting on it because it was entirely avoidable.

I'm not really sure why, but I can see some people are moving the goalposts again, saying it isn't the end of the world if we lose tomorrow. Wouldn't mind what's in their coffee.

fernandopartridge

If we go down it'll be one of the main reasons.

That alongside management in general. There have been so many times where we should have and could have done better this season. We shouldn't be going into this game tomorrow with so much resting on it because it was entirely avoidable.

I'm not really sure why, but I can see some people are moving the goalposts again, saying it isn't the end of the world if we lose tomorrow. Wouldn't mind what's in their coffee.
Of course it isn't the end of the world if we lose tomorrow, how on earth is it with 5 games left?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Yes, we can recover. Obviously losing would be significant but not a killer blow by any means with 15 points to play for.

Thank fuck you're not the manager eh? "lads if we lose tonight we're down"

No, if I was the manager I would like to think I would have put more emphasis on earlier so we wouldn't be drifting into this position. Frankly, we should be nowhere near it.

Just after Christmas we looked to be dawdling, and it has really caught up with us. Tomorrow is critical. If we win then we are probably really close to staying up, lose and the favour is much the other way. For some, it is always about 'next week'. I don't get it.

robbiekeane

No its not, not anywhere near it. There are still lots of points to play for and feasibly both sides could stay up. Hyperbole.
I mean, if you look at that league table, the two teams goal difference, their games in hand and their recent form, and don't conclude that this is a must win game, not sure what to say to you.

We are very much in the shit if we lose and other results go against us. Of course we are not literally relegated if we do not win it, congratulations for pointing that out you clever man. Have 5 internet points

lifeskyblue

Huge game. Away form worst in division...no better time to change that than Thursday. Fancy us to get something (hopefully the 3 points) and go on to plot a course to safety. Derby and Huddersfield will be as nervous as Rotherham and Us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SleepyGinger

It’s still in our hands, we’ve been bailed out by other teams being shit all season. Need to go and win tomorrow and the league table will look a lot better.

Brighton Sky Blue

Kelly Surley plays ? Rotherham are a league 1 side as we are he will be ok in there

If Hamer can’t impose himself on them we may as well not have signed him-got much bigger worries over the centre backs to be honest, a half fit Hyam...

AOM

Want to finally see some maximum level shithousery too from the whole squad and our coaching staff on the sidelines

fernandopartridge

Kelly plays because Rotherham are a L1 side. Not sure I follow the logic. Surely you play your best players. Kelly has been poor recently particularly Saturday.

Other q, if Rotherham are a L1 side why is half the forum predicting them to stay up?

D

Deleted member 4439

Opened up an online betting account for the first time ever, and bet on my first match ever.

Rotherham to win.

Every cloud and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread