Match Thread Rotherham (2 Viewers)

Legia Sky Blue

if we show up tomoro and give it a real go and lose by the odd goal,i can except, what will hurt thou, is we show up and turn us over big time without a fight, confidence will be rock bottom,it won't be the end of the world as we can still get out of it, but i feel if we are in the bottom 3 i cant see us getting out of it, tbh, if we do go down we only have ourselves to blame

It is undoubtedly a big game, and it feels vital, but in reality nothing will be decided tomorrow whatever the result, and despite the inevitable post match over reactions we will get on here, win, lose or draw.

CV22SBA

I don’t think Rotherham will go down even if we do beat them on Thursday. They will still have 2 games in hand on Derby & Huddersfield. They also have a much better GD than every other team in the battle. They have already won more games this season than us and played 2 less. They’ve won the same games as Huddersfield & Derby and played 3 less.

tom88

In my opinion we’re down

we can’t win away for love or money and we still need to play:

Rotherham
Huddersfield
Stoke

All away from home, I just can’t see it happening I’m afraid.

we give so man soft goals/penalties away.
We need to score more than 2 goals as we’re so shit in defence

I really hope I’m wrong but I’m trying to see it without my sky blue glasses on

matesx

In my opinion we’re down

Rotherham
Huddersfield
Stoke

We have a half decent home record though.

I see the bottom 2 and Huddersfield for the drop.

Grendel

We have a half decent home record though.

I see the bottom 2 and Huddersfield for the drop.

Unless Huddersfield beat us. Also they and Rotherham have Blackburn who are in free fall and seem to have given up

Macca

In my opinion we’re down

Rotherham
Huddersfield
Stoke

putting myself in the shoes of our rivals I’d be quite confident of us saving them. When you take the emotion away and look at the logic it’s difficult to feel optimistic

fernandopartridge

Agree with this. My main worry is Rotherham are so pumped after the win yesterday and even managed to rest some key players. They will go to war tomorrow and we have a team that just can’t battle.

They didn't really, they ended up bringing Smith and Wing on anyway who are their key men.

fernandopartridge

In my opinion we’re down

Rotherham
Huddersfield
Stoke

Obviously points gained at home won't count come the end of the season

Sky_Blue_Daz

Would any start with Gyokeres and Godden as a front 2 tomorrow?

Sky_Blue_Daz

Think he needs to play 2 upfront , bloody nervous already

cc84cov

actually confident this morning we will beat them if he plays Godden walker O’hare behind them

runner

Really tough to read this one ... our away form coupled with our passion for gifting at least one goal in the game makes me very nervous for this game ... if I was an impartial I'd have Rotherham down for another win, but with my skyblue glasses on ... maybe a draw.

Grendel

Yes he should. He's a far better bet than Biamou, both Godden and Walker actually make runs to create space for others, unlike Biamou who doesn't seem to have the instinct. He isn't an 'impact' player.

Yeah you have to start with the best two forwards we’ve got - they worked well against Bristol

Grendel

I'd go with

Marosi
Eccles
Osti
McFadz
Hyam
Mccallum
Hamer
James
O'Hare
Walker
Godden

If Hamer doesn’t play in this game youd have to wonder why not.

Kelly has been poor and he and James certainly don’t compliment each other so yes one of them has to go

Personally I’d rather 4 at the back but we have it seems no right back available

D

Deleted member 11652

If Hamer doesn’t play in this game youd have to wonder why not.

Kelly has been poor and he and James certainly don’t compliment each other so yes one of them has to go

Personally I’d rather 4 at the back but we have it seems no right back available

Robins’ decision to go into the season with one adequate winger (Giles) and to then lose him in January was a disaster. Next season we must sign 2 wingers to allow us any sort of tactical flexibility

clint van damme

For me both teams poor at the back.
They're better going forward but we're better in midfield so we have to dominate the middle.

They only got back into it last night once qpr started constantly giving the ball away.

We also need t get them chasing shadows, 2 games in 3 days will take its toll no matter how much they've rotated.
Keep possession, keep the game in their half and we'll win.
Knowing usthough we'll probably concede in the first 5.

Grendel

Robins’ decision to go into the season with one adequate winger (Giles) and to then lose him in January was a disaster. Next season we must sign 2 wingers to allow us any sort of tactical flexibility

I never really understood why having signed Giles he bought McCallum back as well. It just seemed a “do you want him” from Norwich and so we just did. I don’t mind him but you’ve got two loans in the same wing back role.

He never should have signed Bakayoko again knowing his frailties and he should have shipped biamou out and used a loan spot on a striker

The recruitment this season just hasn’t worked

Users who are viewing this thread