Match Thread Rotherham (2 Viewers)

Sbarcher

If Wood's playing it will be a nailed on goal from a set piece.

Jamesimus

It's strange that the match thread descended into such deranged hysteria two days before kick off.

Are Rotheram still all large mutants? I'm hoping with us being at home we can get a win out of this one.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's strange that the match thread descended into such deranged hysteria two days before kick off.

Are Rotheram still all large mutants? I'm hoping with us being at home we can get a win out of this one.

Think we all know he’s just trolling iFollow with the selections now

BornSlippySkyBlue

‘I think we should play 5-3-2’

‘Clueless, you think we should win 5-0 against everyone’

‘I think we should play 4-5-1’

‘Let me jump off a cliff rather than pay for that’
“FFS Robbins”
“WTAF!!!!”
“Lost before we’ve even started then”

End of game

“Didn’t play too bad”
“Should’ve won that”
“Tactics spot on”

etc...

BornSlippySkyBlue

FWIW I think this will be a tough one and I don’t expect to see us playing free-flowing, attacking football with wingback pushing up from the start and 2 up top.

Although I’d quite like to see 2 up top to see if we can keep the ball up there a bit longer, have someone attacking any crosses we get and improve our goals for column a bit. Happy enough if start out cautiously, but then make some significant changes (as long as the game allows it).

Want Sheaf back too.

fernandopartridge

FWIW I think this will be a tough one and I don’t expect to see us playing free-flowing, attacking football with wingback pushing up from the start and 2 up top.

Although I’d quite like to see 2 up top to see if we can keep the ball up there a bit longer, have someone attacking any crosses we get and improve our goals for column a bit. Happy enough if start out cautiously, but then make some significant changes (as long as the game allows it).

Want Sheaf back too.

We played 4-3-3 in the heavy defeat up there last season. I'd expect 3 centre backs to play tbh. In the home game we got on top of them with wing backs, Dabo crossed for Godden's goal as it happens.

AFCCOVENTRY

Rotherham are a tough team who bully you and have some big guys for the set pieces. This won’t be an easy game in anyway and we have to play much better then we did against Derby. Hope Robins goes for it and uses wingbacks and 2 up front.

fernandopartridge

If he's fit McCallum at left wing back. I think the game up at Rotherham exposed Mason badly.

Wilson
Dabo
Ostigard
McFadzean
Hyam
McCallum
Kelly
Sheaf
Hamer
Bakayoko
Walker

Sheaf is good in the air, so useful from defensive and offensive set pieces

clint van damme

If he's fit McCallum at left wing back. I think the game up at Rotherham exposed Mason badly.

Wilson
Dabo
Ostigard
McFadzean
Hyam
McCallum
Kelly
Sheaf
Hamer
Bakayoko
Walker

that game was the beginning of the end for Mason, though he wasn't the only one who was very poor that day.

cc84cov

4231 possibly ? Who’s the attacking midfielders ?

Hoping we go 2 up front with O’Hare at CAM behind the 2 strikers,feeling Jobello might start tomorrow

chiefdave

‘I think we should play 5-3-2’

‘Clueless, you think we should win 5-0 against everyone’

‘I think we should play 4-5-1’

‘Let me jump off a cliff rather than pay for that’
What we need is the EFL to let us play 13 or 14 players. Then we can be tight at the back, not get overrun in midfield and have 2 men up front. Why has Robins not got this sorted yet?

KenilworthSkyBlue

Kastaneer was the worst player on the pitch with a completely abject performance

McFadzean was a close second if I recall correctly. Beaten easily for the first goal, forced Marosi to concede a pen due to a baffling pass in the 6 yard box and conceded the pen for their third due a complete lapse of concentration that led to his sending off.

But as Clint has rightly said there was more than one calamity that day. I certainly wouldn't have liked to be a Coventry player in the dressing room after the game.

Bugsy

Shipley brace just to piss off certain posters .....PUSB
3-1 Skyblues

It’sabatch87

Want Sheaf back too.
Thought you said Wheatsheaf back,I’m all for that!!

fernandopartridge

McFadzean was a close second if I recall correctly. Beaten easily for the first goal, forced Marosi to concede a pen due to a baffling pass in the 6 yard box and conceded the pen for their third due a complete lapse of concentration that led to his sending off.

But as Clint has rightly said there was more than one calamity that day. I certainly wouldn't have liked to be a Coventry player in the dressing room after the game.
Kelly and McFadz for that third goal really

edgy

Wilson
Dabo
Ostigard
McFadzean
Hyam
McCallum
Kelly
Sheaf
Hamer
Bakayoko
Walker

This but swap Giles for McCallum and Max for Baka.

BornSlippySkyBlue

We played 4-3-3 in the heavy defeat up there last season. I'd expect 3 centre backs to play tbh. In the home game we got on top of them with wing backs, Dabo crossed for Godden's goal as it happens.
True, although we’ve looked less like conceding this season with some variant of 4 at the back, which does negate Dabo’s main attributes somewhat. Maybe we’ll play a game of 2 halves and utilise the 5 subs, or maybe a lot will depend on who’s fit and available. Robins doesn’t seem to be using the 3 centre back option so much recently, would a team that tonked us last season be a good time to revert to a system that was leaking goals (albeit scoring them as well)?

shmmeee

If we can’t go out and compete against a team we finished ahead of last season we may as well give up now.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Kelly and McFadz for that third goal really

Both were certainly at fault but I'd expect a player with McFadzean's experience to be more aware of what was around him. Just had a look back at the highlights and whilst the back pass was poor, both McFadzean's reactions and awareness were notably dreadful. Not to mention the intentional shove inside the box, which was just entirely pointless.

Brighton Sky Blue

If we can’t go out and compete against a team we finished ahead of last season we may as well give up now.

Let’s see what he goes with and see how he responds during the game. If he leaves it at 4-5-1 even if we’re drawing with 10 minutes to go we know what result he was looking for. It took him some time to go for it even after Derby scored

BornSlippySkyBlue

Is one way of looking at it, another is a team that beat us convincingly once and we scraped a draw off the other time will take confidence from those results. CBA to trawl their forum, but I’d bet good money their fans are viewing this as a game they should go for it in.

I’d love to see a return to 3 CD’s, wingbacks and 2 up top, just not sure Robins will agree. Glad I’m not picking the team tbf.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

“They are tough side to beat and they have a way of playing which makes it unconformable for every opponent.” Robins said.

unconformable

adjective GEOLOGY
(of rock strata in contact) marking a discontinuity in the geological record, and typically not having the same direction of stratification.

Tactics these days are a bit beyond me...

KenilworthSkyBlue

Although I'd be disappointed if we dropped points against Rotherham I wouldn't totally give up hope. They're an awkward side to play against, as Bournemouth found out.

BornSlippySkyBlue

“They are tough side to beat and they have a way of playing which makes it unconformable for every opponent.” Robins said.

unconformable

adjective GEOLOGY
(of rock strata in contact) marking a discontinuity in the geological record, and typically not having the same direction of stratification.

Tactics these days are a bit beyond me...
Great, so now we need a degree in geology to work out the formation. Wonder if he actually said / meant that word or if he meant (as I read it at first) uncomfortable?

Brighton Sky Blue

Is one way of looking at it, another is a team that beat us convincingly once and we scraped a draw off the other time will take confidence from those results. CBA to trawl their forum, but I’d bet good money their fans are viewing this as a game they should go for it in.

I’d love to see a return to 3 CD’s, wingbacks and 2 up top, just not sure Robins will agree. Glad I’m not picking the team tbf.

If we want to aim for a draw in every game we’re in the wrong business.

Londonccfcfan

We only competed in one match against them last season.

This is going to be tough, match them for commitment/physicality and our superior skill should show through.
Essential we cut out their crosses whatever system we play, got battered their crosses last year.

From memory Mason paid the price and was dropped from side after that game. Made the same mistake vs Derby.

Play to our strengths think we can create enough chances for Walker.

2-1....Walker /Biamou

cc84cov

We will lose more games this season whether we set up for the draw or the win. Against the better sides sure try and hold a point but against teams around us we need more ambition.
Judging by how we’ve set up against teams around us I don’t see it being any different tomorrow I do fear for us against Rotherham tomorrow who are big strong 352 and press hard and high

Users who are viewing this thread