Match Thread Rotherham (1 Viewer)

Yorkshire SB

I’d want McCallum over Giles in this game specificalylfor his physicality, one of the strongest and best in the air in the team.
He’ll be fine, young lad, quick recovery.
I’d go to the back 3, bring Sheaf and Ostigard in.
Shipley and Giles on the bench.

D

Deleted member 11652

Wilson

Dabo
Fadz
Hyam
Mccallum

Sheaf
Kelly

Hamer
O’hare
Giles

Walker

Not ideal for Hamer, but I think the only change that makes sense is to bring Sheaf back in and for Shipley to be left out.

Happy_Martian

Think McCallum will be fit for Saturday. He did take a bad knock to the knee which reduced his impact as the game went on. But again, I will repeat what others have already said on this and other game threads. We need to have 2 up top. Playing any forward on their own against Championship defenders will guarantee the ball comes back quicker than we took to get it up there.

But can't see this being anything but a Rotherham win. 2-0

Londonccfcfan

Because of how Sam McCallum looked (I think he'd taken a knock) and because Rotherham have some big lumps, I'd start with this

Wilson

Osti Fadz Rose
Dabo Giles
Hamer Kelly Sheaf
O'Hare
Walker Sort of 5-3-1-1

Id agree, but if Sam is fit,hes good in the air defensively that will be invaluable. Same formation, but Biamou for Ohare. Go two up front.

It makes a big difference keeping their back 4 in check when we play 2 up front.

Legia Sky Blue

I presume Rotherham are still a team of 6ft + players. If so I would go 2 up front with Biamou and Walker and play 3 at the back so something like:
Wilson
Ostigaard McFadzean Hyam
Dabo Sheaf Hamer Kelly McCallum
Walker Biamou

Having the likes of O'Hare, Giles and Jobello to come on against tiring defenders could then prove pretty handy.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I presume Rotherham are still a team of 6ft + players. If so I would go 2 up front with Biamou and Walker and play 3 at the back so something like:
Wilson
Ostigaard McFadzean Hyam
Walker Biamou

Having the likes of O'Hare, Giles and Jobello to come on against tiring defenders could then prove pretty handy.

I do think using O'Hare off the bench works better. As shown last night we lack players who can come on and pose as a formidable threat, something which in my view lets us down.

Given that we're a side that is likely to concede goals most games having a player on the bench who has the ability to (on his day) come on and help turn the tide is vital.

cc84cov

Wilson
Ostigaard McFadzean Hyam
Walker Biamou

100% this is how we should line up pointless playing 2 AM when we don’t have 2 currently good enoug...2 up front with Hamer Kelly and sheaf and use the wing backs 532 we’ve done all the budget on that system after all 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

ccfcricoh

I'm still disappointed by last night, set out for the draw which was disappointing and don't ever feel like we gave it much of a go.

Rotherham i'd go

Wilson -impressed how he has stepped in

Dabo - needs to play RWB not RB as attacking threat wasted
McFadz
Hyam
Osti - 5 at the back and a threat from set pieces, only a matter of time before he gets one
Giles - Mccallum was poor yesterday i felt and Derby picked on him, may have took a knock, think Giles offers more attacking

Kelly
Sheaf - missed his break up play and his ability to get us out of defence
Hamer

Biamou - 2 up top
Walker - couldn't believe he went off, works very hard, impressive

O Hare and Shipley dropped as well, Shipley was a passenger and non existent.

O Hare is frustrating me, isnt strong enough and loses possession quite a bit, dont think hes been anywhere near his best. Think would be better as an impact sub at 60mins

We need a win out of Rotherham and Wycombe, 4 points would be lovely!

cc84cov

Rotherham play 532 and press high and hard if we do not have an outlet we will be in trouble this system for me gets beat by them but let’s see

more than happy to come back and
Quote this also

robbiethemole

Biamou would give Woods and that other big fecker Mattock more problems I think, then subs a bit earlier to give them different problems. I think probably another draw but would be mental to get a win over these cloggers.

Evo1883

Tough game this... I went to both matches last season and they are a big physical side who can play football...
I'd like to think we can get 3 points

87 n all that

100% this is how we should line up pointless playing 2 AM when we don’t have 2 currently good enoug...2 up front with Hamer Kelly and sheaf and use the wing backs 532 we’ve done all the budget on that system after all 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤣
I like the look of that line up. That’s what I’d choose too. O’Hare really needs to take his chances when he starts games. He gets more than the striker but is struggling to put them away.

Sky Blue Harry H

Rotherham play 5-3-2 where did you get that pearl of wisdom cc84 they've played 4-3-3 virtually all season! 🤷‍♂️:rolleyes::unsure::ROFLMAO:

BigLadonOS

Hall Of Fame

Join DateNov 2005Posts9,711
I think we did the best we could against a very very good team tonight. I hope Warny does not ditch the 352 after this result but we all know that he cant wait to change it when he gets a bad result when playing 2 up top.

skybluelee

I'd try something different. Put Ostigard at RB, move Dabo to play on the right-side of Walker, and Giles on the left.

Wilson
Ostigard, McFadzean, Hyam, McCallum
Sheaf, Kelly
Dabo, Hamer, Giles
Walker

shmmeee

I'd try something different. Put Ostigard at RB, move Dabo to play on the right-side of Walker, and Giles on the left.

Wilson
Ostigard, McFadzean, Hyam, McCallum
Sheaf, Kelly
Dabo, Hamer, Giles
Walker

I was actually going to suggest this, Dabo is the best right sided attacking threat we’ve got and we miss Østigård.

Didn’t post cos I thought it was too out there for SBT, but now there’s safety in numbers!

Gibbo

A bit disillusioned at the moment. I would say Kelly, Sheaf, and Hamer all need to start though if possible.
I liked the second part - but I have absolutely no idea why you should feel 'disillusioned'. We knew it would be a struggle, and guess what, it is. Concommitant with it being a 'struggle' is that the football is hard to watch sometimes. This year is about surviving and building a platform.

Of our side, how many would play regularly in the first team of any side in the top half? Dabo, Hamer for definite, O'Hare, Hyam and Giles (maybe). Not sure about anyone else. Robbins is trying to make a purse out of a sow's ear, but they are best we could afford

87 n all that

Our attacking strengths do seem to be via the wing backs so playing that system is a must for me on Saturday. Having Kelly back provides more cover for the defence and can link the defence and the other midfielders. We haven’t lost for 4 games and having him back reflects that.

The AM role seems to be the problem. The options are O’Hare, Shipley or Allen, none of whom have been suited or prospered in the role so might as well play two up top to pressure defences. O’Hare does ok and if he could have scored a few recently then he might have solved that issue but he keeps fluffing his lines. He’s had more goal scoring opportunities than Walker.

cc84cov

Our attacking strengths do seem to be via the wing backs so playing that system is a must for me on Saturday. Having Kelly back provides more cover for the defence and can link the defence and the other midfielders. We haven’t lost for 4 games and having him back reflects that.

The AM role seems to be the problem. The options are O’Hare, Shipley or Allen, none of whom have been suited or prospered in the role so might as well play two up top to pressure defences. O’Hare does ok and if he could have scored a few recently then he might have solved that issue but he keeps fluffing his lines. He’s had more goal scoring opportunities than Walker.
O’HAre for me is a No.10 let him play there give him the freedom behind 2 strikers he’s the best of that bunch listed

87 n all that

O’HAre for me is a No.10 let him play there give him the freedom behind 2 strikers he’s the best of that bunch listed
That could work but doubt MR will commit that many players forward leaving us light in midfield. I’m not overly impressed with Sheaf, gives the ball away a lot, whilst Hamer and Kelly add a lot to the team in general, but would play Sheaf on Saturday for an extra body in midfield. Playing a 10 behind 2 strikers is what a successful team would do but might prove risky for us in our situation.

johnwillomagic

Thanks Sky Blue Harry for proving me right they've played 4-3-3 majority of season Warne tried 3-5-2 for forst time and they lost.
Fans hoping he does not revert back to regular 4--3-3 formation with one up top,,,, :rolleyes:

I'm assuming that's what you meant to do from you post cheers mate! :ROFLMAO:(y)

no_loyalty

That could work but doubt MR will commit that many players forward leaving us light in midfield. I’m not overly impressed with Sheaf, gives the ball away a lot, whilst Hamer and Kelly add a lot to the team in general, but would play Sheaf on Saturday for an extra body in midfield. Playing a 10 behind 2 strikers is what a successful team would do but might prove risky for us in our situation.

I agree with you on Sheaf, he does give the ball away a lot, but bring him back in to break up play, as he is ok doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread